Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Am i going to hell?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am i going to hell?  (Read 1681 times)
seeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2004, 01:40:47 AM »

This is not meant as an oofence or as a slight in any way, this is a serious enquirey, please try and considder this in writing your replies. I would like to say that I am not here to antagonise, i have a far greater deal of respect for the chrisian churches than my impertinant questions may sometimes display. Anyway, about a year ago I was playing a game of cards with some friends whom i have known for some years, and i found myself (as i realise i often do) discussing religion with my friend peter. Peter is a methodist, and has always stood by me as a friend bespite our very different faiths and beliefs. During the discussion the subject of sexuality arose, as it often does with teenagers. I am bi-sexual, this does not mean i croon or wear makeup nor does it mean that i am taken to flippant sexual acts and the seduction of young strait men, this simply means that i will openly admit to finding men attractive (although all the women out there will probably agree, not worth the trouble). I have a girlfriend, she knows, she's fine with it. However peter gave me the most pitying look and declared that i was going to go to hell, granted this doesn't present much of a problem for me as being a buddhist i have the theological equivilent of an infinate extra life cheat Wink (although i suppose i'm going to hell for that too)
What interests me is how many of you out there agree, and if so/not why?
Again i appologise if my inquisitiveness offends anyone, i do not intend to do so.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 01:54:02 AM »

Hi, seeker.   Thank you.

Well, yep, you're going to hell.  The bible says, "the soul that sinneth, shall surely die".

And we are all sinners, so we are all going to hell.

'Cept the bible says that someone came and went to hell for us, so that we don't have to, if we believe it.   But it wasn't just anyone, it was the one who created us.  And he did that, out of love for us.

You can believe it too, if you want to.

But if you don't, then, basically, yep, you'll go to hell.  that's why he came to "save" us--to save us from hell.

That's basically it, in a nutshell.

You've got a good username.  You're "seeking".  that's good.

Jesus said, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto thee."    Smiley

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 11:13:02 AM »

Seeker,
Your sexuality is no more (or less) condemning than my sins.  The difference?  I’ve accepted the free gift from God called ‘grace’.  It’s there for you – all you need to do is say ‘OK’.  No one can accept the gift on your behalf – you have to accept it yourself.  It’s a simple prayer – telling the Lord you believe He is who He says He is, and that you understand that by believing you will receive the gift of grace (forgiveness of your sins – ALL of your sins) and that you want that gift.  
Please, please, PLEASE!  Just ask Him.  Just believe.  Just be saved.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
simon syrene

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »

we all are sinners, nobody is better than you, but we believe we are not going to hell, because we are saved by my Lord's precious blood, and so can you. but the dicision is yours.
serapha

Redeemed! How I love to proclaim it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 07:32:20 PM »

Hi there!

According to biblical teachings,  homosexual acts are an abomination to the Lord; therefore a sin.  If you die in your sins, then, your justified eternal state is the lake of fire with torment.

There is no second chance, after death, then the judgment.... not reincarnation.    

It is a choice, though, and you choose your eternal state with or without God.

Might I ask you, what are the evidences of reincarnation?  

~serapha~

«: *´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»

All that glitters is not gold.

«: *´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»§«:*´`³³´`*:»
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 08:28:14 PM »

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

This is a barrier that separates us from God.  God being holy, pure, just, and righteous, cannot by his mere attributes be in the presence of Sin.  And man, going by the above verse comes short of the glofy of God.  God cannot be untrue to himself and compromise any of his traits for another.  They must all be true to the other as God is perfect.

So what now?

Well, sin is a crime if you will, and this crime has a penalty, and that penalty is death.  

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In Roman times, justice was swift, and anyone caught breaking the law was quickly delt with and thrown into jail.  Each criminal had nailed to his jail cell door, a writ of what he owed for the crime commited against Caesar.  Each day soldiers dealing with the criminals could easily see this writ and know what was still owed for the crime and set out to make sure it was met.  Once the crime was paid for, the criminal no longer owed anything to Caesar, and on the criminals writ was added, "Paid in Full" thus clearing him of his crime and making him free and clear.

So now we come to the problem of us and God.  To pay this debt of sin that we owe, we must die.  But that doesn't solve the problem of our unrighteousnes.  To die in our sin is to die in unrighteousnes which will never allow us to be in Gods presence because remember this attribute cannot be comprpmised by another in God.  So God, in order to satisfy his righteounes and justice, had to make a way for us.   We are imprisoned by sin, and our writ states that we must die, for the wages of sin is death.  So God took our writ and nailed it to the cross with Jesus in order to satisfy Gods own judgment for the crime, as well as his Righteousness.  Thus, We are free from being imprisoned by sin and our debt is "Paid in Full!".  However, those who reject this offering, must pay for the debt themselves.  As the wages of sin is death.   To pay for this debt ourselves (justice and Righteousnes) is to be lost eternally with no hope of seeing God in all his holiness, because righteousnes has not been satisfied.

The gift is free, and costs nothing.  All we have to do is accept it, and we are then represented by Christ, Gods own payment for our debt in full, who is both just and righteous in Gods eyes.  What a merciful God!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
The Crusader
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 05:43:48 AM »

Hi there!

According to biblical teachings,  homosexual acts are an abomination to the Lord; therefore a sin.  If you die in your sins, then, your justified eternal state is the lake of fire with torment.

There is no second chance, after death, then the judgment.... not reincarnation.    

It is a choice, though, and you choose your eternal state with or without God.

~serapha~

Short and sweet, I agree

The Crusader
stokerino

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 09:21:02 PM »

Let's not start asking for evidence when it comes to matters of faith...it will only cause trouble  Wink

Hey "seeker"! It's stokeriño! Sorry but I was clearing out your email junk folder for you as I sometimes do and I was curious as to what on earth you were doing on a Christian forum so I came for a look! At least you were being nice rather than antagonistic...lol

By the way, Pete is Baptist. Not Methodist.

And yes I did register just for the sake of this post  Grin
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 12:02:41 AM »

Let's not start asking for evidence when it comes to matters of faith...it will only cause trouble  Wink

I agree with the trolling noob. Christians are the last people who can ask for prove on what someone beleives. It would be easier to prove the 4 Noble Truthes then it would to prove the Jesus is the Son of God. Undecided
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 01:39:14 AM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
PawnRaider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 12:56:49 AM »

seeker:

The fact of your post tells me that God is calling you to be with Him forever in Heaven.  This is good, for no one can come to Jesus unless the Father is calling him.  

however, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are not, yet, going to Heaven.  

This IS far more important than your choice of tonight's sexual partner.  

The Bible states very clearly that Homosexual acts, as well as several other sinful acts (hate, adultery, et.al), are an abomination unto God.  

However, in Christ's death on the Cross, God has made complete payment for the eternal punishment for our sins & sin nature.  

God asks us to choose to serve, obey and worship his Son Jesus who died on the Cross.  

In choosing Christ, we trade our life for His, our death for His and our future for His future.  

In doing this we begin a relationship with God who will make his choices for us known.  we find the bulk of them in the Bible, hence the Christians' emphasis on knowing what the Bible says.  What happens after this is that God will change my desires, my wants and my needs.  

(since the bible says "No sex with anyone other than one's spouse, who must be of the opposite sex," neither you nor I can practice adultery, fornication, homosexuality, or any other "recreational" sexual activity...)

I would suggest you contact a local paster of a good Bible teaching church... in your neighborhood.

Have a nice day!!!
The PawnRaider
KLUJIC:  
Keep looking up, Jesus is Coming.
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 03:09:43 AM »

I am surprised you even asked the question seeker since you must have known the answer already but you are NOT lost yet. If we went to hell for sinning there would be nobody in heaven.

YOU NEED TO REPENT of your sin.  Yes I mean truly repent.  Give up your present lifestyle and turn to God for FORGIVENESS.  Put your trust in Jesus and accept his teachings.  Accept a new heart that God will gladly give you and YOU SHALL BE SAVED.

Eze 36:26-27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

If you don't wish to do this then don't waste our time asking.  God bless you.

AV Scriptures [if quoted] are courtesy of SwordSearcher. Click here for details.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the