Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What is the right thing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the right thing?  (Read 2697 times)
itsmeagaingod

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »

lol funny how things work huh...you hear awful stories about how police officers go over the line...but look at what they are faced with day in and day out...then you hear your story and you see the other side to.  I know about the DT's having taken care of those types of patients, it really is a sad existence.  But it really is funny how things work in life and I am glad there are kind hearted loving people like you bep and your coworkers that look out for those people.  I think I might do as you suggested and get a coat and maybe mittens.  My dad is a big guy like this guy and he may have a old coat that I can have to give to him even...you don't have to spend money to love and give to someone.  I don't agree with his actions and I do think that he is paying for what he has done...but at the same time he is still a human being and maybe the kind things that people do for him despite what he has done will make him seek what it is in people that do that and help him find the Lord and if he has already as he says he has then maybe it will strenthen his faith.  Thanks for all the loving advice and help you have given me.  It really has helped me think this through...I love getting advice from other people then thinking things through...it helps me get it right often times.  God bless you both!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »

Hello itsmeagaingod,

Sister, you're most welcome. I retired from police work in 2001. I loved it and would still be doing it, but health didn't permit that. 25 years was enough anyway, and I feel blessed to have been able to serve. Police misconduct does happen, and most police officers hate it because everyone has to pay for it. The truth of the matter is that police officers make millions of contacts every day, and only a tiny number involve misconduct. It's also true that discipline is different on each department, so some departments are much better than others in professional conduct. Misconduct is covered by law and has criminal and civil remedies against police officers. Department discipline is many times more harsh than the law.

I do find media coverage of police departments to be very biased. You can be sure to hear about EVERY alleged misconduct and a finding of guilty by many media sources before the matter is ever investigated. On the other side of the coin is thousands of incidents of outstanding police work that are never mentioned. It's also a fact that officers around the country pay in many ways for misconduct committed by an isolated officer many hundreds of miles away. That's just the nature of the profession. The truth is that the vast number of officers honor their oath. All of them will make some honest mistakes at some point in the career, but the vast percentage don't do anything wrong intentionally. I would be considered a BIASED WITNESS on this issue, but so would criminals.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 139 - Ezekiel 7:14-20 They have blown the
trumpet, even to make all ready; but none goeth to the battle: for my
wrath is upon all the multitude thereof. 15 The sword is without, and
the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall
die with the sword; and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence
shall devour him. 16 But they that escape of them shall escape, and
shall be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them
mourning, every one for his iniquity. 17 All hands shall be feeble,
and all knees shall be weak as water. 18 They shall also gird
themselves with sackcloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame
shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads. 19 They
shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be
removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them
in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their
souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of
their iniquity. 20 As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in
majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their
detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »

I understand how you feel.  Nothing infuriates me more that harm being done to a child.
My apartment building is owned by the mission that I work for.  You don't have to be an employee to live here but you do have to be a Christian.  In my building is a man that I have known for years but only after moving in here did I find out that he was a level 3 child molester.  A level 3 is classified as the most likely to offend again and that they have done it more than once.
When I found out this news about this man that I had been friendly with for years, I was horrified.  I went to my apartment and looked him up.  His sin was so many years ago that you could hardly recognize his picture.  He has been walking with Christ for a long time and has never reoffended again.
I know that Christ can change ANYONE and has forgiven this man.  Should I do any less?
While I would not leave my grandson alone with this man, I find that I can still offer him the same friendship that I had before.  He does not know that I know this information about him and I would never bring it up.  If, when God forgives our sins, He removes them as far as the east is from the west, it would not be my place to bring it up to him.
It is God's will that NONE should perish and the fact is that God loves this man as much as He loves me.  That's hard to wrap your arms around in instances like this, but it is TRUE.

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
crunchie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 03:18:00 AM »

Paul's life story is a testimony of the reality of Jesus the Messiah. It took a supernatural experience to change a Saul from a persecutor of Christians to the Apostle Paul, a fellow Christian believer.
Paul's written words are the testimony of a man that violently persecuted the early Christians, then became a Christian due to a supernatural spiritual experience
I think this speaks for itself
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the