Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:52:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obsession:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obsession:  (Read 4054 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West ~

I ordered this documentary through my Netflix and have been watching it this morning before I have to go to work.  There is so much that I will watch it at LEAST one more time before I return it.  There is so much information in it that I had to take a break.
This is real stuff folks!  You haven't seen it, GET IT, WATCH IT, HEAR IT AND UNDERSTAND IT!!!!
The one line that keeps sticking out is that Radical Islam's threat to the Jews, the U.S. and the English in under percieved by us.
We as a nation and our government are underestimating Islam and their hatred of us.  Of course, some of us know that they are here in the U.S. already.  For those that don't know....BELIEVE IT!
This movie is an excellent way to get informed.
Most interesting so far in this movie is it's simularity of propaganda to the Nazis.  Even their logos.
I wish I could make everyone of you get this today and watch it, but then there is that "free will" thing.  Just do it.  It's important.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

It would be great if this film were available on every media possible, theaters, rental and retail stores, internet and even on TV and it should be shown even in churches. It is a great documentary loaded down with truths. Just the trailers alone that are available for free on the internet tells a whole lot so if you can't afford to get it at least check out all of the trailers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »

Distribution of 28 million copies of "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West" stirs discussion across the nation

Prophecy News Watch

Abdiamar Bare, 21, walks up to the nondescript mosque in Greeley for noon prayers and pauses a moment to talk about his faith.

He is asked by a visitor if he's seen the DVD "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West." No, he says. He's asked if the principles of Islam allow other religions to coexist with it.

"Every religion is the same. No religion is better than another religion," Bare says. "I believe in Islam. I like my religion, and I don't want it to interfere with other religions."

Bare is one of about 120 Muslim workers recently fired by JBS Swift & Co. for walking off the job after a disagreement on prayer breaks. He enters the mosque, off 8th Avenue near the University of Northern Colorado campus, to join dozens more for prayer.

It's a low-profile, unmarked building in which Greeley Muslims come to practice their faith, which again finds itself in the crosshairs of scrutiny locally and nationally.

In Greeley, the dispute continues on prayer breaks for Muslim workers at the meatpacking plant. Sentiment has spread among some in the community that the newcomers are pushing too much, exhibiting a desire not to assimilate but rather impose their religion on others.

Nationally, the DVD arrived on 28 million doorsteps as rhetoric on homeland security heats up in the presidential race.

The confluence of recent events -- the Muslim workers' dispute and, on its heels, the "Obsession" DVD -- is the talk of the town. Many Greeley residents have noticed the 400 mostly Somali refugees who've arrived in the past 18 months to take jobs at JBS Swift. The workers say they are here to escape the oppression of their war-torn homeland, build a new life and peacefully practice their religion.

What to make of these newcomers and their religion, which is indelibly linked to 9/11 and other violent acts across the globe, has sparked a variety of views. The DVD alone prompts widely different opinions.

A Greeley woman calls the disc "neo-con propaganda," while a history professor at Colorado State University says the film is factually accurate and shows it in his classes.

Meanwhile, in the day-to-day operation of the Greeley meatpacking plant, the African refugees' religion is at odds, especially during Ramadan, with the assembly line production.

Brianna Castillo, a JBS Swift employee for four years, said the Somali workers are asking for special treatment and making non-Muslim plant employees pick up the slack.

"Somalis are running our plant," Castillo said at a recent protest by non-Muslims against the Muslims' request for a changed break time. "They are telling us what to do."

'They need to be flexible'

Bill Jerke, a Weld County commissioner, said he worries that if a large percentage of workers walk off an assembly line at once, it can lead to an over-stressed and potentially dangerous situation for the remaining workers.

He said the Muslim workers who walked off the job because of the prayer issue should be more flexible.

"Every other group that's come to the United States, that maybe has a little different angle on culture and religion, has learned to assimilate with the majority, and that's what I think they need to be flexible enough to do," he said.

Jerke has watched "Obsession" -- he bought the DVD a couple of years ago at a Republican function -- and read a book called "America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It." Those sources, which he deems well-researched, as well as worldwide bombings by radical Muslims over the past 15 years, make him circumspect of Muslims in America.

"With the Muslim religion, their practices will dominate over what your American practices would wind up being," he said. "And part of that is they believe that Islamic law should dictate over laws of man."

He said the issue in Greeley, Weld County and across the country boils down to "whom will accommodate whom and whom will assimilate to whom." He said "America Alone" argues that Europe is "reverse assimilating" in that fewer Europeans are being born compared to Muslims, and the continent is being overwhelmed by Muslims.

DVD and presidential race

Greeley resident Marise Downing said she doesn't know enough about the JBS Swift labor dispute to decide which side is right -- the workers or the company. She said she has no problem with Muslim workers attempting to follow their beliefs.

Downing is more pointed about the "Obsession" DVD, which in an e-mail to The Tribune she called a "disgusting piece of neo-con propaganda." The film was a paid advertising insert in the Sept. 14 Tribune and 70 other newspapers nationally, including the Denver Post, New York Times and Wall Street Journal.

Downing said she hasn't watched the hour-long film, produced by the New York-based Clarion Fund, but said she's researched it enough to satisfy her belief that it's fear-mongering propaganda.

"I understand it's a matter of money I presume (for the newspaper)," she said. "To me, it gives it a kind of authenticity that it wouldn't otherwise have."

The packaging says the DVD's intent is to educate people about the threat of radical Islam. It adds that neither the presidential candidates nor the media are discussing the issue openly.

A story in Editor & Publisher said about 28 million copies of the DVD have been distributed so far, mostly in swing states in the presidential race.

Hasan said she believes the DVD's main intent is to spread fear and sway the election.

"I don't know -- is this anti-Obama, is this for McCain?" she said. "Either way, this is a very bad way of doing things."

Mainstream vs. radical

James Lindsay, an associate professor of Middle Eastern history at CSU, takes an opposite view on "Obsession." He believes it's a straightforward look at radical Islam.

He said the producers are explicit that film is about the radical ideology within Islam, which is advanced by the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaida and other groups. The film's introduction states that most Muslims are peaceful and don't support terror.

The militant Islamic branch -- which the film says makes up about 10 percent to 15 percent of a worldwide Muslim population of 1.2 billion, the world's second-largest religion behind Christianity -- has a conquest ideology, Lindsay said.

"It's one of subjugating the world to their ideology. There is not room for another ideology, according to the radical Muslim ideology, and it's frightening," he said. "But it's part and parcel of the ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood and the al-Qaida types that they want to impose their will on everyone."

The film acknowledges that part of that mindset stems from a fear that the West is out to destroy Islam, and that the religion's followers must strike first.

Hasan agrees that there is a radical strand that claims adherence to Islam. But she dismisses them as brainwashed and "sick, sick individuals" who don't practice Islam but rather a singular and misguided hatred of America.

Hasan, who is married to a physician and has homes in Denver and Beaver Creek, returned from Washington, D.C., Thursday after being invited to the White House's annual dinner observance of Ramadan. Hasan, an ardent supporter of the Bush administration, said she spoke last week with a Brazilian ambassador about the problems at the Brazilian-owned JBS Swift plant in Greeley.

She believes the Somalis in Greeley will assimilate within about eight years. Resettling people to the United States from a country of poverty and poor education is a complex process, she said.

The U.S. or United Nations should assign social workers to the refugees to smooth their transitions, Hasan said, "then the communities where these people are sent to, it would be a much happier atmosphere."

cont.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »

cont.....

Hasan, whose Muslims for America organization works to get Muslims more involved in the American political process, believes Islam can coexist peacefully in the United States.

"American Muslims are very happy, very satisfied because they are allowed to enter mainstream America," she said. "We are not held back. We are not judged against."

Conflict inevitable

Lindsay, the CSU professor, said the Muslims who flew the airplanes into the Twin Towers felt they were doing God's work.

Muslims who say "jihad" means the struggle for personal betterment aren't giving the full picture of what's written in the classical text, he said. Rather, the text says the Islamic practitioner is preparing himself to be a better warrior.

"The idea of the jihad as laid out by extremists is one of the doctrines within the Quran itself," Lindsay said. "It's a fundamental tenet of Islamic religion and it has been in Islamic history -- engaging in warfare against the enemies of Islam."

Conflicts between the West and Islam are inevitable, Lindsay said, because the demands of Islamic law are in conflict with the West's approach to law and religion. The Quran speaks of creating a society that's obedient to God's law, not obedient to men's model, he said.

Lindsay believes the way to deal with Muslim immigrants -- as in the case of the JBS Swift workers -- is to explain how employment rules and policies operate in the United States. "I have no desire to make any accommodations to Islamic law, and that's my opinion."

Amin Kazak, a professor of Middle Eastern and Islamic studies at the University of Colorado-Denver, said he believes a middle ground can be reached between JBS Swift and the Muslim workers.

"The workers have to be flexible as much as the owners of the (company) have to be flexible," he said. "Not jeopardize the ritual and spirit of Muslims, and not jeopardize also the other (non-Muslim) workers' rights and so on."

Hasan argues that they reflect the majority of Muslims worldwide. She believes moderate Muslims can help bring change.

"Everybody now in the world who really cares about this issue of spreading hatred is trying to bring the religions together and doing peace dialogue," she said. "That's mostly what needs to be done -- come closer together, sort out whatever differences that we have."

Lindsay has a more jaundiced view. He considers the gulf so wide, and the militant element within Islam so vehemently anti-West, that finding a path to peace is unlikely. He points out that the extremists believe they are doing the work of God and "that is a tremendous motivator. They don't mind dying."

Lindsay doesn't expect to see an end to the conflict between radical Islam and the West in his lifetime.

"If we value who we say we are, we have to be vigilant against this ideology, which is hell-bent on our destruction," he said.

PUBLIC OPINION ON MUSLIM RELIGION

A Washington Post poll in 2006 found that 58 percent of Americans say there are more violent extremists within Islam than in other religions and 46 percent have a negative view of Islam.

When asked, "Do you think mainstream Islam encourages violence against non-Muslims, or is it a peaceful religion?" 33 percent said it encourages violence and 54 percent said it's peaceful (13 percent said no opinion).

In 2007, a CNN poll found that 53 percent of Americans believe conflict between Islam and Christianity is "inevitable," up from 45 percent in 2003.

Greeley's latest chapter in Islamic relations

It's an unlikely pairing.

The dispute between Muslim workers and JBS Swift & Co. is the latest intertwining of Islam and the conservative, agricultural-oriented city of Greeley.

The first came about 60 years ago.

The six-month stay in Greeley by an Egyptian student in 1949 made him so angry that he wrote books to express his anti-American diatribe. Sayyid Qutb (SIGH-yid KUH tahb), studied at the University of Northern Colorado and wrote disdainfully of the city's teen dances, loose morals and "behavior that could not be further from religion."

Qutb became one of the founders of Islamic terrorism and is referred to as the godfather of al-Qaida.

In 1965, he published his most famous book, "Mallem Fittareek" (Milestones), in which he condemned Western morals, partially because of what he witnessed in Greeley. It led to his arrest on the orders of Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser. He was executed in 1966 in Egypt.

Greeley, largely thanks to Qutb, is more than a simple footnote in modern Islamic history. The recent friction between the Muslim workers and the meatpacking plant is adding to that history.

"I think we've been in religious and cultural conflict with Islam since the Middle Ages," said Bill Jerke, a Weld County commissioner, "and this is simply one of Greeley's small chapters in that worldwide discussion of culture and religion."

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:26:29 AM »

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West ~

I ordered this documentary through my Netflix and have been watching it this morning before I have to go to work.  There is so much that I will watch it at LEAST one more time before I return it.  There is so much information in it that I had to take a break.
This is real stuff folks!  You haven't seen it, GET IT, WATCH IT, HEAR IT AND UNDERSTAND IT!!!!
The one line that keeps sticking out is that Radical Islam's threat to the Jews, the U.S. and the English in under percieved by us.
We as a nation and our government are underestimating Islam and their hatred of us.  Of course, some of us know that they are here in the U.S. already.  For those that don't know....BELIEVE IT!
This movie is an excellent way to get informed.
Most interesting so far in this movie is it's simularity of propaganda to the Nazis.  Even their logos.
I wish I could make everyone of you get this today and watch it, but then there is that "free will" thing.  Just do it.  It's important.

Wow honey, I got a one hour DVD in my newspaper today about this, I have watched it yet but I am about too, thanks so much for reminding me!!

Love Always, YSIC \o/

MsGuidedAngel

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the