Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Software suggestions for faster future computing.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Software suggestions for faster future computing.  (Read 6448 times)
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 07:38:33 AM »

Sorry for the delay.
I just clean reinstalled Vista Mon, which was fairly easy, as it saves the old in a folder, and then you can transfer the old folders (in Roaming) so apps like Firefox and Open Office pick up from where they left off when you reinstall them. But now i have a new suggestion: it would be good if we could right click on any app or folder and choose a shortcut key combo. Thank God i found an free app that let you write your own scripts to do so, or even launch a series of apps at once, AutoHotKey

Yes, Quick verse lives up to it's name! I am glad i found the last freeware version (basic), which was made for W/3.1 but runs on Vista! I like it because it is fast and easy, and i can choose to copy text paragraph style with the formatting. And E-Sword does the rest.

As for text formats, i pretty much stick with .doc, as it is standard. Thank God for Open Office and  those who who make it.  I have never really used MS Office (never had it), and searched for   replacements and found OOo to be the best. And it is very customizable, so that i can make my own Toolbars.  I use the OOo .sxw format for some with bookmarks and links, which i open up in ver. 1.1.5, rather than 2.4.1, as the former does not require you to hold down the Ctrl key to go to them.  And 2.4.1 messed up a web page that was made in the former version, but it  i think OOo is the best WYSIWYG web page creator for those who know not html, and all my site is done with it. Sometimes NVU worked to supplement it. I am limited however as to what i can do without knowing html (no drop down menu's, et.).  I think the farmer's almanac page is about the best looking site i have seen, but i cannot sanction all that is on it. 

Praise God that the Bible study edifies. And praie God for "wells" like Henry! More than i can handle now.

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the