Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Stamism?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamism?  (Read 1521 times)
doug

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

Programs are just facets of Stamism.
There is but one final day,
and if it be held that there be two resurrections, they are:
The resurrection unto everlasting life,
and the resurrection unto everlasting contempt. (Dan 12:2; Mat 25:46; Rev 20:6)
The 'Left Behind' series is a work of fiction. Christ is the prize for Jews and gentiles alike.
The Church is built on the Apostles and Prophets; not set aside from. (Eph 2:19-21)
They (the Jews) will not be made perfect without us (the gentiles). (Heb 11:40)
And we will not be made perfect without them. (I Thess 4:15)
Shame on anyone who teaches two heavens . . . or that somehow sacrifices will be instituted again. Christ is the final sacrifice and as many Jews that don't eventually come to that realization will take part in the second resurrection.
Oh . . . and there is only one second coming also. (They know who I'm addressing)

_doug
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:16 AM »

Programs are just facets of Stamism.
There is but one final day,
and if it be held that there be two resurrections, they are:
The resurrection unto everlasting life,
and the resurrection unto everlasting contempt. (Dan 12:2; Mat 25:46; Rev 20:6)
The 'Left Behind' series is a work of fiction. Christ is the prize for Jews and gentiles alike.
The Church is built on the Apostles and Prophets; not set aside from. (Eph 2:19-21)
They (the Jews) will not be made perfect without us (the gentiles). (Heb 11:40)
And we will not be made perfect without them. (I Thess 4:15)
Shame on anyone who teaches two heavens . . . or that somehow sacrifices will be instituted again. Christ is the final sacrifice and as many Jews that don't eventually come to that realization will take part in the second resurrection.
Oh . . . and there is only one second coming also. (They know who I'm addressing)

Doug,

Someone might want to debate portions of this with you. I don't. I'll just say that this is the place for debate and trying to start arguments. I must address Ephesians 2:19-21 and clearly state that you don't understand it. This is a Bible Fact that pertains to Salvation.

Ephesians 2:19-21  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;  20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;  21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord:

The "FOUNDATION" spoken of is FAITH in GOD. You'll need to understand this before much of the Bible will make sense. By "Stamism" you mentioned, I assume you are talking about Pastor C.R. Stam who helped to establish the Berean Bible Society many years ago. Pastor Stam did understand the "FOUNDATION" completely, and GOD used him in mighty ways for many years. It would be a good thing for you to seek some of his material and study it. If you want to argue it, do it here, not in the already existing thread. As a beginner, the apostles and prophets aren't a foundation for a single thing. You'll have the last word on this, and you're welcome to argue this most basic Bible Fact right here.

By the way, there are many outstanding materials from Pastor Stam on the forum that you're welcome to study.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »

Please explain why you think left behind is a work of fiction.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 12:23:29 PM »

Please explain why you think left behind is a work of fiction.

While I disagree with Doug, obviously "Left Behind" is a work of fiction. It is the author's idea of what may happen in the last days, based on the Bible, but it hasn't happened yet and the characters and events are made up (fiction). It may not happen in that way, either.
It is certainly not inspired Scripture, and is just one man's idea of what could happen. It is certainly not sold as "non-fiction".

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »

In this context, fiction means, it isn't correct.

Some people claim it is fiction for the following reasons:
They say Rapture is mid, post or there won't be one
They say characters wouldn't been able to be saved
The one believer who was forced the mark, should have lost his salvation

There are more but these are the biggest.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »

In this context, fiction means, it isn't correct.

Some people claim it is fiction for the following reasons:
They say Rapture is mid, post or there won't be one
They say characters wouldn't been able to be saved
The one believer who was forced the mark, should have lost his salvation

There are more but these are the biggest.

Brother,

For the "Left Behind" series to be non-fiction, everything that happened in the "Left Behind" series would have to happened already. Since the "Left Behind" series is dealing with the future, it is fiction since it hasn't happened yet.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »

*bangs head on table* That isn't what I meant

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:20:45 PM »

lol ... Don't bang your head on that table too hard. It might hurt.  Wink

The OP in this thread was a very mixed up person and didn't really know what to believe and quite often contradicted himself. He came here with the specific intent of stirring up trouble not to discuss anything truly Biblical.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 01:51:29 AM »

Hello Brother David,

First, I think that you're doing great. You're learning and growing stronger as a Christian by the minute. Anyone who knows you should know that you've learned a lot about the Bible in a short period of time, and we're very proud of you for your hard work.

The guy who started this tread wanted to cause trouble and would have argued with a fence post on any topic. Please don't let folks like that get you down or upset.

Brother, I didn't read the Left Behind Series, so I don't know a lot about it. If I understand correctly, the author designed characters and placed them in the future in events that fulfill Bible Prophecy. He tried to describe what it might be like in the future for people experiencing Bible Prophecy. It's possible that many of us reading this thread will live long enough to experience Bible Prophecy happening. As Christians, the RAPTURE could happen at any time, and many of us probably will still be living for it. The Bible doesn't give us a tremendous amount of details, but the RAPTURE will obviously be a beautiful and precious event. I know beyond any doubt that the RAPTURE will happen, but I don't know when. If I wrote a story about a family going through the RAPTURE, it would be fiction even though the RAPTURE will most definitely happen in the future.

Let me give you another example. I also know in my mind that Heaven is beautiful, but I only know what GOD has told us in the Holy Bible. I also know that many of my family members are already with the LORD in Heaven. The only details I could possibly have are general details that GOD gives us in the Holy Bible. Let's say that I write a book about day to day life in Heaven for a family of believers, and it could even be about members of my own family. I don't have those details, even though I love them dearly and know they are with the LORD. I would have to make up details if I wrote such a book. I can only imagine what the details are. The only way the book could be non-fiction would be to state GOD'S Promises to Christians from the Holy Bible. The only details I could state would be details stated in GOD'S WORD.

Brother David, some people don't believe there will be a RAPTURE ever, regardless of what the Bible says. I really have no idea how they explain it AWAY in their minds because GOD'S WORD most obviously and CLEARLY teaches that JESUS CHRIST will come and Catch UP HIS CHURCH, the dead and the living, to meet HIM in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

The RAPTURE is described above, and it's a BIBLE FACT - not just someone's opinion. It's a promise from GOD. The person starting this thread indicates he doesn't believe in the RAPTURE. If he read the above Scripture and still said the same thing, he would be calling GOD a liar. It's very silly and unwise to call GOD a liar, but many people do. Brother, please let me give one more example. If you asked me if the RAPTURE is FICTION, I would say, "NO! - It's a future Bible FACT and PROMISE from GOD. It hasn't happened yet, but it will happen".

Brother David, Christians get their glorified bodies at the RAPTURE. We must remember that the dead will be raised first and then the living. GOD will change our bodies into something fit for our inheritance. Our spirit is already fit because GOD made it so. Flesh and blood bodies aren't fit, so we will receive Glorified Bodies like the Body of JESUS CHRIST to spend Eternity in. We already know that our Glorified Body won't have illness, disease, pain, and the problems associated with the flesh and blood body we have now. Christians receiving this Glorified BODY is another BIBLE FACT! It hasn't happened YET, but it most certainly WILL HAPPEN AT GOD'S APPOINTED TIME!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 191 - Isaiah 13:9-13 Behold, the day of the LORD
cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land
desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. 10 For
the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give
their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the
moon shall not cause her light to shine. 11 And I will punish the
world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will
cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the
haughtiness of the terrible. 12 I will make a man more precious than
fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir. 13 Therefore I
will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place,
in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the