Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pelosi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pelosi  (Read 4277 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »

I think Pelosi is obnoxious enough to deserve her own thread too.  As with Obama, she is like a bump on the skin that you can't leave alone.

SPEAKER OF THE FLOP: PELOSI SELLS 2,737 COPIES OF BOOK
Thu Aug 07 2008 08:11:48 ET

The most powerful woman in the history of American politics is suffering a humiliating defeat at the nation's bookstores, sales figures show.

In her first week at market, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sold just 2,737 copies of her book KNOW YOUR POWER, according to NIELSEN BOOKSCAN.

The DOUBLEDAY release was launched with a full media push, featuring high profile interviews on TODAYTHEVIEWTHISWEEK.

"I wrote the book in response to people asking me what it was like to go from housewife to House Speaker and for advice as to how young people, especially women, could balance family and career," Pelosi told the WASHINGTON POST.

Pelosi's sales debacle [#41 on the Non-Fiction Chart] is dramatically overshadowed by the first high profile anti-Obama book, OBAMA NATION, which debuts at #1 on both the BOOKSCAN and the NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller List, with 21,466 copies moved, industry insiders tell DRUDGE.

"The speaker was pre-occupied with house business last week," a source close to Pelosi explained Thursday morning. "She has now turned her focus to promoting this extraordinary book... doing local signings and speeches. I think we'll see an uptick."

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »

"The speaker was pre-occupied with house business last week," a source close to Pelosi explained Thursday morning.

Yup, like turning out the lights in congress.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »

True story.  Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:44:33 PM »

...but sad too.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »

Wanted: Nancy Pelosi, a susect in the torture and murder of Democracy.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »

Cindy Sheehan Qualifies to Challenge Pelosi
by Associated Press
Monday, August 11, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO — Cindy Sheehan, an icon of the anti-war movement, has qualified to challenge House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for her seat in Congress.

Sheehan, 51, says Pelosi failed to persuade her party to end funding for the Iraq war after Democrats reclaimed the House majority in the 2006 midterm elections. She also accused the speaker of failing to hold the administration accountable for the administration’s warrantless wiretapping program.

Sheehan, who lost her son in the war, is best known for beginning a vigil outside President Bush’s Texas ranch in August 2005.

“I feel like Nancy Pelosi, as the Democratic leader, has failed our country miserably, funding for more war,” Sheehan said Monday. “The speaker’s failed to hold George Bush and Dick Cheney accountable.”

San Francisco election officials on Monday said Sheehan turned in 214 more valid signatures than the 10,198 she needed to qualify for the November ballot as an independent candidate for the 8th Congressional District seat.

The speaker welcomes the challenge, said Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill.

“The speaker has the highest respect for Cindy Sheehan. Ms. Sheehan lost her son in the Iraq war and has the right — as every American has — to run for office,” Hammill said in a statement.

Pelosi, 67 and in her 11th term, has said she is disappointed that Democrats have not been able to stop the war in Iraq. Last year, the House passed legislation giving Bush $70 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with no deadlines for troop withdrawal.

Pelosi won her 2006 campaign with 80 percent of the vote. Sheehan also will be at a distinct financial disadvantage as she takes on one of the most powerful politicians in the country.

She said her campaign has collected more than $300,000, compared with nearly $2.4 million collected by Pelosi through the end of June.

The other candidate on the ballot for the 8th district seat is Republican Dana Walsh.

Cindy Sheehan Qualifies to Challenge Pelosi
~~~~~~~~~~

Good Grief!! Talk about your rock and a hard place!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »

Top 10 Energy Questions For Speaker Pelosi
by U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady
08/11/2008

10. Two years ago, you said, “Democrats have a common-sense plan to lower gas prices.” Since you took over as Speaker of the House fuel prices have nearly doubled, which is punishing American families. Will you be releasing that common-sense plan anytime soon??

9. So far, your Democratic House of Representatives has done nothing but propose gimmicks. Your first energy gimmick was to pass a law that allows America to sue OPEC, apparently so we can become more dependent upon Middle East oil. This is puzzling to most Americans. Remind us again what that accomplishes??

8. Your second gimmick was “Use it or Lose it,” based on the notion that millions of acres of land with vast energy reserves are leased by oil companies but not being developed. Unfortunately, no independent geological association in America agreed with that wild claim. And during debate on the House floor, Democrats couldn’t identify even one acre where that was happening. How embarrassing was that??

7. Your next gimmick was to stop filling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is the nest egg for America’s energy security if a major foreign country cuts off fuel to the United States. You predicted that fuel prices would go down, but instead they continued to rise. Was that more embarrassing or less embarrassing than the “Use it or Lose it” fiasco??

6. Apparently assuming that failed ideas are reassuring to the public, recently you proposed to sell off 10% of our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which you also predict will lower fuel prices. Unfortunately, that equals just 3.5 days of American oil, which changes nothing, so that gimmick collapsed on the House floor. Do you have any more ideas related to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, like selling it to China or donating it to a Hollywood charity??

5. You keep saying Republicans are beholden to Big Oil, which you despise and accuse of obscene profiteering. But I noticed your Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has accepted a whopping $809,000 from energy special interests this session -- which I’m sure you’ll want to return. I’m just curious, but when can those oil companies expect their checks back??

4. Turning to your unique interpretation of the Constitution, you have stated repeatedly that the House of Representatives will not get a vote on exploring for more energy here in America, such as in our deep ocean waters or U.S. Arctic Reserve, no matter that the American public supports it 2-1. In your mind, do you believe America is a democracy or a dictatorship??

3. Two weeks ago you hastily shut down the House floor, turned off the lights, microphones and cameras so that the American public could not hear Republicans debate the energy crisis and the need for Congress to stay in session to pass an energy bill rather than head out on a five-week vacation. Do you still believe in open government and the freedom of speech, or did all that change when you became Speaker??

2. Last Sunday on the news show This Week you said Republicans would have to “get creative” to receive an up-or-down vote on the House floor to explore for more energy here in America. Our founding fathers were creative, too. They established a legislative body where the pressing issues of the day would be openly debated and the majority will of the elected representatives prevails. Are you afraid that, if a vote were taken, you would lose? Isn’t America supposed to be a democracy of the people??

1. Americans don’t get a vacation from high gas prices, but you sent Congress on a leisurely five-week vacation. Republicans have stood on the House floor all recess and pleaded with you to call Congress back into session and schedule an up-or-down vote on exploring for more oil and gas here in America. Aren’t American families and small businesses who are getting hammered by high gas prices more important than your book tour??

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:59:39 PM »

Top 10 Energy Questions For Speaker Pelosi
by U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady
08/11/2008

10. Two years ago, you said, “Democrats have a common-sense plan to lower gas prices.” Since you took over as Speaker of the House fuel prices have nearly doubled, which is punishing American families. Will you be releasing that common-sense plan anytime soon??

They did ... air up your tires to conserve gas, if you still can't afford it then use city transits, if your city doesn't have a transit system then move to one that does

9. So far, your Democratic House of Representatives has done nothing but propose gimmicks. Your first energy gimmick was to pass a law that allows America to sue OPEC, apparently so we can become more dependent upon Middle East oil. This is puzzling to most Americans. Remind us again what that accomplishes??

it kills time postponing the inevitable and tries making it look like they are earning their money (I know they failed again.)

8. Your second gimmick was “Use it or Lose it,” based on the notion that millions of acres of land with vast energy reserves are leased by oil companies but not being developed. Unfortunately, no independent geological association in America agreed with that wild claim. And during debate on the House floor, Democrats couldn’t identify even one acre where that was happening. How embarrassing was that??

It wasn't embarrassing for them, after all they know more than anyone else does.

7. Your next gimmick was to stop filling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is the nest egg for America’s energy security if a major foreign country cuts off fuel to the United States. You predicted that fuel prices would go down, but instead they continued to rise. Was that more embarrassing or less embarrassing than the “Use it or Lose it” fiasco??

Nope, not embarrassing at all. It serves there purpose of turning the U.S. over to foreign entities and in making this a third world nation where the majority of the people have to rely on the government for everything.

6. Apparently assuming that failed ideas are reassuring to the public, recently you proposed to sell off 10% of our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which you also predict will lower fuel prices. Unfortunately, that equals just 3.5 days of American oil, which changes nothing, so that gimmick collapsed on the House floor. Do you have any more ideas related to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, like selling it to China or donating it to a Hollywood charity??

Yep, just give it away to our enemies.

5. You keep saying Republicans are beholden to Big Oil, which you despise and accuse of obscene profiteering. But I noticed your Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has accepted a whopping $809,000 from energy special interests this session -- which I’m sure you’ll want to return. I’m just curious, but when can those oil companies expect their checks back??

Figure the odds of that.

4. Turning to your unique interpretation of the Constitution, you have stated repeatedly that the House of Representatives will not get a vote on exploring for more energy here in America, such as in our deep ocean waters or U.S. Arctic Reserve, no matter that the American public supports it 2-1. In your mind, do you believe America is a democracy or a dictatorship??

In their minds it is a communistic nation with Obama, Pelosi and Reid the only ones intelligent enough to run it.

3. Two weeks ago you hastily shut down the House floor, turned off the lights, microphones and cameras so that the American public could not hear Republicans debate the energy crisis and the need for Congress to stay in session to pass an energy bill rather than head out on a five-week vacation. Do you still believe in open government and the freedom of speech, or did all that change when you became Speaker??

Yep. They believe in change.

2. Last Sunday on the news show This Week you said Republicans would have to “get creative” to receive an up-or-down vote on the House floor to explore for more energy here in America. Our founding fathers were creative, too. They established a legislative body where the pressing issues of the day would be openly debated and the majority will of the elected representatives prevails. Are you afraid that, if a vote were taken, you would lose? Isn’t America supposed to be a democracy of the people??

Yep, they're afraid of not being in control in their eyes it's only a democracy for them.

1. Americans don’t get a vacation from high gas prices, but you sent Congress on a leisurely five-week vacation. Republicans have stood on the House floor all recess and pleaded with you to call Congress back into session and schedule an up-or-down vote on exploring for more oil and gas here in America. Aren’t American families and small businesses who are getting hammered by high gas prices more important than your book tour??

Nope. They are all that matters. That's why the DNC got tax free gas for non government activities.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

Nancy Pelosi is feeling the heat of thousands of grassroots
phone calls, and faxes demanding a return to work, and an
increase in domestic drilling.

In fact, members of the GOP returning for their second week of
protest on the House floor have called on pro-drilling Democrats
to defect from Pelosi's staunch anti-drilling position!

"We know that a number of them are with us," said Rep. Mike Pence.
"I say to them, 'Come to this floor and let's make this
demonstration bipartisan.'"

The pressure on House Democrats is nearly bubbling over.
Politico.com reported that the House Speaker, no doubt
attempting to alleviate the pressure has encouraged rank-
and-file Democrats to support increased drilling if they
believe it will help them win their elections in November!

Pelosi and her cohorts have labeled the protesting Republicans a
"Shadow Congress", and called their plan a "hoax."

But she knows that she's hopelessly out of step with the majority
of Americans who are demanding their Congressmen take action. And
she knows that 40-50 Democrats support increased drilling.

Call, email, fax and mail EVERY DAY and urge your member of Congress to answer the
invitation of GOP protesters by joining them on the House floor.
Demand they support a comprehensive plan that includes:

* more offshore and Alaskan drilling;
     * opening up our vast shale oil reserves
     * expanding nuclear energy
     * promoting alternative energy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 12:09:02 AM »

Pickens, Pelosi plan environmental pocket picking
House Speaker, billionaire behind 'going green' racket

TV commercials touting a new clean energy strategy and an environmental ballot measure in California both have one thing in common: if they succeed, they'll make investors – from "big oil" to the U.S. Capitol – a lot of money.

The TV commercials champion Texas oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens' "Pickens Plan" to move our nation from foreign oil dependence to domestically produced wind power and natural gas fuel for automobiles. The plan is touted as a cleaner, more eco-friendly alternative to our current reliance on coal power and gasoline.

The ballot initiative is California's Proposition 10, known as the California Renewable Energy and Clean Alternative Fuel Act, which would spend $5 billion in California bond money ($10 billion by the time the interest is paid, according to the L.A. Times) to promote natural gas as an cleaner alternative for automobile and truck fuel.

Not surprisingly, the nation's largest provider of natural gas for transportation, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (alternatively known as CLNE) has a great deal to gain from the adoption of Pickens' fuel strategy and the passage of Proposition 10. In fact, according to the California Secretary of State website, CLNE has contributed $3,247,250 to supporting Proposition 10's passage.

CLNE, however, was formerly known as Pickens Fuel after its primary investor, T. Boone Pickens.

While Pickens touts a plan in the name of environmentalism that will also line his company's pockets, a #dontgo investigation has revealed that another environmental champion and backer of Proposition 10 has also invested in CLNE: House Speaker and California Representative Nancy Pelosi.

According to the investigation, "Nancy Pelosi Purchased between $50,000-$100,000 in CLNE stock on May 25, 2007, apparently on its initial public offering."

Now the California representative stands to make a large profit on her reported 22,000 shares of CLNE if she and other public figures can persuade the people of California to vote for Proposition 10 in the name of renewable energy and clean, alternative fuels.

In an L.A. Times editorial, Anthony Rubenstein was highly critical of Proposition 10, calling the measure billed as an environmental altruism a "raid on California's general fund" to support "Pickens' self-serving national gas agenda."

"The initiative deceptively reads like it's supporting all alternative-fuel vehicles and renewable energy sources," Rubenstein wrote. "But a closer read finds a laundry list of cash grabs. … Much of the measure's billions could benefit Pickens' company to the exclusion of almost all other clean-vehicle fuels and technology."

Rubenstein also noted that Proposition 10 charges environmentally conscious Californians with the bill for an initiative that may not benefit California at all.

"Even worse, private trucking and delivery companies could buy 5,000 natural gas trucks, collect California taxpayer-funded rebates of $200 million or more and immediately send those fleets out of state," he wrote. "It's like asking California voters to finance a new bridge with taxpayer dollars, without mentioning that the bridge could be in Ohio."

As WND reported earlier, Pickens touting of wind power is also tainted by his opportunity to profit, as The Economist reports Pickens' oil company, Mesa Oil, has invested $2 billion to build the world's largest wind farm in Pampa, Texas.

If the "Pickens Plan" calling for more wind power and natural gas fuel is implemented, it will further the billionaire's other ventures as well, including a major land and water investment in the Texas panhandle that would essentially enable Pickens' companies to control a water pipeline the way petroleum companies control oil supplies.

The venture, according to the Terrell Tribune, includes forming a fresh water district in Texas' western panhandle and spending over $100 million to acquire rights-of-way through as many as 12 counties to ship the water to water-needy Texas cities. Part of selling the plan to investors and thirsty municipalites, some of whom have balked at the idea of private water control, is coupling the water pipeline with power lines from Mesa Oil's massive wind farm.

"It is hard to tell if the water scheme is the device being used to seize the land or if the wind turbine scheme is the means by which he will fund the water scheme," wrote William R. Collier Jr. in the #dontgo investigation that uncovered the link between Pickens and Pelosi.

Collier further speculated Pelosi's investment partnership with Pickens will profit them both.

"No matter what the case may be, Nancy Pelosi will personally profit from whatever (Pickens) does as an investor."

Collier points out that Pelosi is one of the richest members of Congress and that her wealth comes primarily from investments, real estate and "now, of course, stocks in CLNE."

Likewise, Collier pointed to potential benefits for Pickens to have Pelosi's support, not only for the legislation CLNE wants passed, but also for her help with touting his "Pickens Plan".

"While the stock was initially offered at $14 and is now valued below that amount, the low of $10 in early July of this year is bouncing back," wrote Collier, "especially in light of ads by Pickens and growing consensus that the Pickens plan will gain support, especially if Pelosi is firmly behind it."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 11:12:52 PM »

Pelosi told: Planet has already been saved ... by Jesus
Congresswoman hits speaker: 'We all know that someone did that over 2,000 years ago'

Continuing her push for a comprehensive energy plan that includes increased oil drilling, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., reminded Americans that the Democrats message to save the planet doesn’t add up. The world has been saved already, she says.

Responding to Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s comment about creating an energy policy to help save the planet, Bachmann added religion to the energy crisis during her interview with OneNewsNow, a Web site run by Christian American Family News Network.

“[Pelosi] is committed to her global warming fanaticism to the point where she has said that she’s just trying to save the planet,” Bachmann said. “We all know that someone did that over 2,000 years ago, they saved the planet — we didn’t need Nancy Pelosi to do that.”

Bachmann said Democratic leaders are committed to stopping bills that allow drilling. Bachmann plans to join other Republicans in the House chamber on Friday to continue their protest during the congressional recess to bring members back for a vote on an energy bill.

The Minnesota DFL released a statement Tuesday denouncing the protest at the Capitol, calling it an “Olympics of meaningless rhetoric.

According to the statement, Republicans “would rather grandstand in a meaningless charade in Washington that will do nothing to reduce the cost of gas or the overall economic squeeze on Minnesota’s working families.”

Bachmann’s recent comments are reminiscent of her earlier religious comments in 2006 at the Living Word Church in Brooklyn Park when she said she was “hot” for Jesus.

“What does God say when he looks at you or looks at me? He wants to say, ‘she’s hot, he’s hot,’ because we are hot for him on the inside,” Bachmann said. “When you are hot for Jesus Christ, nothing is like that life.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the