Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  prayer for recovery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: prayer for recovery  (Read 1692 times)
mapleleave

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

Brothers and Sisters:

I have gotten into the deep depression this year. I have struggled for seven months now. I want to come out to embrace my life. The story is like that.

In January, I was thinking about to have master of science degree by taking online courses. Instead, I talked to the local university professor. He was willing to let me sit in his classroom as registered. In February, my daughter broke her leg. She stayed the hospital for a week, her leg with cast for nine weeks. I had to cancel this course.
On the other hand, my manager in work place didn't like me to go back to school. He said that degree wouldn't help in my career development. I was so hurt that I could n't hope my future. I kept thinking how to spend the rest of my life. I went to bible study group to avoid those bad memories. Hope to cheer myself up. But I often tear and cry by myself. I couldn't control it.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 12:45:23 PM »

Hello mapleleave,

It's great to see you posting here again. It has been quite awhile.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with things. The greatest thing that we have is the knowledge that we are the children of God and that even through the tough times He is with us holding us near to Him. I am sure that God will open the doors in the direction that He wants you to go.

My prayers are with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:01:15 AM »

Hello mapleleave, my prayers are with you.

mapleleave

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:51:31 AM »

Thanks Paster Roger and DreamWeaver.

It is good to hear from you again. I am a very sad person. I couldn't find the job I like. I have to put up with the abusive supervisor for years. I don't have a warm home, either. In the dark side corner, I often cried to myself. I am so tried of my life.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »

As rough and disappointing as this life we as Christians have a much better hope of things to come. We have the promises of God of a much better life with Him. That time will come in His appointed time that we will no longer suffer through these things. It is a promise that we should look forward to and rejoice in daily. Praise God daily that this world is not our home.

Keep in mind that the Lord is there with you through all these things guiding you and holding you up. If we but lean on His strength and not our own we will get through in a much better light.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mapleleave

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »

Hi Pastor Roger,

I am doing the positive things. Reading the bible and everning prayer are my daily bread.

The reason that I felt so lonely, because I couldn't open my heart to my close friends about my suffering. In the history, I am the person who are energetic and enthusiastic. I care about my image so much. Now I have lost my confidence due to the discriminated working environment. I want to quit the job but I am afraid of poverty. I wish I could change my job to have a nice boss.  I am asking you to prayer for this dream.

God blesses you!

mapleleave
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:25:20 PM »

I am glad that you have come here to us with this situation. We all do need someone to help us through the hard times. That is the wondrous thing about Jesus. He is always there listening to us at every moment of the day and ready to carry us when we are not able to carry ourselves. What a friend we have in Jesus! No one that we could be closer to than Him as He knows our every thought, desire and need.

As I said, I am glad that you have brought this burden to us for prayer and I am most happy to join with you in this prayer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the