Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  confused
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: confused  (Read 3301 times)
prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 07:32:48 AM »

yes he does and i'm busy too with school , work and my family. but i do not want him to think i've lost interest.i saw him at school and usually i would let him approach me seeing i'm a shy person  but instead i approached him and we were both glad to see each other and we talked for awhile. i will see what God has plan for me and this guy if it's Gods will.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2004, 10:17:07 PM »

Wonderful! Keep us posted on how it goes. We're rooting for you! Smiley

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 09:34:55 PM »

this week at school i have saw him twice and he was really happy to see me. he did not once ignore me even though last semester i gave him a card / letter telling what a sweet, wonderul and nice person he is and how he made me feel special on the things he said and done for me. i 've only had the guts once to walk up to him and say hello cause i'm afraid if i say anything i'll scare him away. he's really the one that does most of the talking while i freeze up and panic which i beleive he knows it because he always speaks to me and tries to get me to talk. i've prayed to God to give me courage and give the guy i like more courage and open to me i've just been hurt a lot in the past and i do not know what to do.  
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

It sounds like you're taking cues from him, which is a good thing, if you feel he's timid. You've expressed interest but haven't left his feelings out of the decision, either. What guy doesn't like that?

Yep-pain is all part of the process. There's no getting through dating or even marriage without it. I do still feel concerned about his spiritual beliefs, though, because that is crucial. I'm concerned that you'll develop an attachment to him, only to find out he isn't devoted to the Lord with his whole lifestyle. I even know of people who were in seminary that I'm certain didn't know the Lord, so this one takes a lot of time to really determine. Maybe if you watch for cues, see whether he invites you to church, see what kind (if any) church he goes to, whether he's involved, and that sort of thing. That is truly a better way to determine whether this really is God's will.

We're rooting for you. Smiley

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 02:30:10 PM »

he's only hinted to me about lunch and he works full time and takes about 20hrs in school like most college students we have to work on the week-ends. he does know that i have a brother who is a pastor which this guy did not ignore me or look at me funny when i mention that he still talks to me and i do wear a cross necklace and does'nt seem to bother him like most guys i've thought they were great or went out  on a date with  and does not like the fact i wear a cross necklace or a brother who's in the minstry. not this guy he talks to me more and ask alot of personal questions like if i'm married or have a bf or what is my plans after college  where i'm going to live do i want to get married and have children.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »

Wow-he's asking the big questions. So it sounds like he's looking for compatibility, then. THat's a good sign. I'm thinking this would definitely be the time to start bringing up your faith. Maybe invite him to church. If he's truly God's will, he'd be delighted by that. If he's offended, that would be a sign.

I wouldn't worry about being disappointed if he's offended, though, because it's better to find out now than later if he isn't a Christian.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the