Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama Losing Votes in California by Backing 'Same-Sex Marriages'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama Losing Votes in California by Backing 'Same-Sex Marriages'  (Read 449 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2008, 03:03:31 AM »

Obama Losing Votes in California by Backing 'Same-Sex Marriages'

by Staff
July 8, 2008

SACRAMENTO, (christiansunite.com) -- Campaign for Children and Families, a leading California-based pro-family organization that defends marriage for one man and one woman, is predicting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama will lose votes for his support of homosexual "marriages."

In a public letter read Sunday at the Alice B. Toklas Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Democratic Club in San Francisco, Obama wrote:

As the Democratic nominee for President, I am proud to join with and support the LGBT community in an effort to set our nation on a course that recognizes LGBT Americans with full equality under the law. That is why I support extending fully equal rights and benefits to same sex couples under both state and federal law. That is why I support repealing the Defense of Marriage Act and the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy, and the passage of laws to protect LGBT Americans from hate crimes and employment discrimination. And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states.

Obama's opposition to legal protection for natural man-woman marriage is the opposite of Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who, last Thursday, expressed his public support for Proposition 8, the California Marriage Amendment, on the November ballot:

I support the efforts of the people of California to recognize marriage as a unique institution between a man and a woman, just as we did in my home state of Arizona. I do not believe judges should be making these decisions.

"Despite his claims that he believes marriage is only for a man and a woman, Barack Obama is promising to destroy marriage protection in our nation and to oppose protecting marriage licenses for a man and a woman in California," said CCF President Randy Thomasson, a registered independent.

CAMPAIGN FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES (CCF) is a leading West Coast nonprofit, nonpartisan organization representing children and families in California and America. CCF stands for marriage and family, parental rights, the sanctity of human life, religious freedom, financial freedom, and back-to- basics education.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion07369.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2007 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the