Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Last Jihad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Last Jihad  (Read 5524 times)
phillip

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:20:35 AM »

I have a book named The Last Jihad by Joel Rosenberg.  This book is a good prophetic novel of the Endtimes.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:39:10 AM »

What is prophetic about it? I've heard the author admit it was nothing more than fiction?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:54:51 AM »

The only prophetic value of the book is it uses the Bible. I've read the book, and as Pastor Roger has said, it was nothing more than fiction, which Joel Rosenberg has stated.

phillip

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »

I think it is a prophetic scenario about how the last day's events could unfold even though it is fiction.   It has the potential of reaching many people to Jesus Christ!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:05:13 PM »

Phillip, think of the reasons Joel Rosenberg says his book is fiction. This so he can't be labeled a false prophet. Think about it......... if people think it is true, they could be led down a false path.

The same thing can be said about the "Left Behind", "Soon", and the "Babylon Rising" series of books.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:07:15 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

My two cents worth involves reading and studying GOD'S WORD - the non-fiction best seller of all times - and the complete TRUTH. I realize that other books can be motivating, but I think that many of them cause confusion or plant the seed that a fiction novel is a appropriate add-on to the Holy Bible.

I realize that the Holy Bible is much more difficult to read and study, so it requires considerable more effort. In my opinion, that extra effort and time to study GOD'S WORD is worth it. Anyone wanting to find out about Bible Prophecy might as well go to the ONLY COMPLETE TRUTH. It contains what WILL HAPPEN instead of what MIGHT HAPPEN. Studying Bible Prophecy also involves studying other large portions of the Holy Bible, so there are more benefits than just Bible Prophecy. Christians should know that Bible Prophecy is woven through some of the most precious portions of the Bible that minister to us in many ways, and these are the things that GOD specifically shared with us. I know there is a specific purpose for every Scripture, and GOD has Promised that HIS WORD will never return void. If someone learns something about Bible Prophecy, they are also sure to learn something about many other important topics. So, I'll spend my time with the Holy Bible.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:16-28 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,  17  and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.  18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  19  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.  20  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope  21  that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.  22  For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.  23  And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.  24  For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?  25  But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.  26  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;  27  and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the