Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christian Screenwrite Announces Winners of Fifth Annual Contest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Screenwrite Announces Winners of Fifth Annual Contest  (Read 559 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »

Christian Screenwrite Announces Winners of Fifth Annual Contest

by Staff
June 23, 2008

BLOOMFIELD, (christiansunite.com) -- Christian Screenwrite today announced the winners of its 2007 Christian screenwriting competition. Winners will receive cash awards and passes to the WYSIWYG Film Festival, an internationally recognized event for wholesome, family cinema entertainment.

George Petersen of San Diego, Ca., won first place for his drama, NO REST FOR THE WICKED, about a professor who get's a call from the Devil on his cell phone and can't get rid of him. Leo Loving of Euless, TX., won second place for PHANTON MANDARIN, a biographical drama about John Birch, an American missionary who struggles between his passion to bring God's Word to the Chinese people and his patriotic duty. Cleo Bresett Jr. of San Antonio, TX., won third place for CHERISH THIS DAY, a drama about a Marine who returns home for his dad's funeral and remembers the lessons he learned about life, love, faith, and the everyday courage it takes to make a living.

"Selecting the winning entry this year was extremely difficult because all three of these scripts are worthy of first place," said LaVonne McIver-James, founder of ChristianScreenwrite. "After deciding on finalists, it took nearly a month to select a winner because the scripts were extremely well written."

Petersen, a professional photographer, wrote his winning script after he came across an Internet article posing the question: Can one call heaven on a cell phone.

"I am very pleased and excited to be honored as a finalist in the 2007 Christian Screenwrite Contest, a screenwriting contest that stands out for its recognition of the intrinsic dramatic nature of Christian values and for its uncompromising approach to artistic standards," said Petersen.

Loving, wrote PHANTOM MANDARIN after remembering a story he read about a missionary to China who became a field intelligence officer for the army in the second world war, performed heroically, and was brutally murdered by allies.

"Not long ago I mentioned to my good friend Robert Birch, who has been following along with me on this journey, and is the younger brother of John, the central character of my true-story screenplay, that I believed 2008 would be the year of success for Phantom Mandarin," said Loving.

"Since writing the screenplay 20 years ago, and after many rewrites, and the work collecting much dust, I dared not speak to anyone in such a hopeful manner about the script until I entered this contest. You cannot imagine the exhilaration I felt when I received word that I had been chosen a finalist."

Bresett Jr. , the third place winner, was inspired to write CHERISH THIS DAY by "fond childhood memories of working alongside my father as a common laborer." Bresett's simple and poignant story was an early favorite in the contest, according to McIver-James. "Emotionally, the script profoundly moves readers," she said.

To read interviews with winners, please visit, www.christianscreenwrite.com. To act as a sponsor, please contact, lavonne@christianscreenwrite.com.

About Christian Screenwrite

Christian Screenwrite is a contest designed to foster and promote awareness of Christian screenplays with the objective of utilizing the medium of film to spread the principles of forgiveness, faith, redemption and love that Jesus Christ demonstrated and taught, to both Christians and non-Christians.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion07319.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2007 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the