Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for finances
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for finances  (Read 2057 times)
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »

This month I started getting a small check from social security for $163 that I thought would help me with my FIFTEEN medical bills I'm trying to pay. However, the government cut my retirement check by $345! I'm hurting financially--not to mention hurting from my neck down to my feet. I'm on four medications that I need, but I will probably have to stop some of them due to not having the money to pay for them. I canceled a blood test I was supposed to have, and canceled my next doctor's appointment. I just can't afford it. I will also be looking for a doctor closer to me because of the cost of gas. My present one is a half hour drive from me.

My health is fast deteriorating, and I'm spending more and more time with doctors and in hospitals. I owe over $12,000 in medical bills, and that is after insurance. I can't tithe unless I let my bills go to do it, and I don't have that kind of faith.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »

Hi brother,

I will definitely be praying for you in these matters.

I can definitely sympathize with you on the medical bills and health problems. My current medical bills are not quite as high as yours but they were up there above $40,000.00 at one time and they are starting to go back up again.

Some suggestions on the meds if you haven't already checked it out. There are a number of ways to get your meds if you don't have sufficient insurance to cover them. I have had to use a combination of these methods in order to get mine as if I don't have them I wouldn't last for long. As you probably alreday know there are pharmacies that now sell $4.00 generic meds. Most of this are the really necessary ones for heart problems and such. Drs offices quite often will have samples to give to you while you are making arrangements to get your meds elsewhere. These don't cost the Drs anything and they are more than willing to help in this manner for quite awhile. Pharmaceutical companies will sometimes be able to help out also with some meds and have a program where they will even mail them to you. Ask your Dr or pharmacy about this program. Then there are various agencies such as the center for the aged and handicapped, some county offices (same place that helps with energy bills) and there may be more that I can't think of right now.

As for tithing ... I have said it many times and there are a number of threads on here about it. God is not going to expect you to give up eating or your health in any manner in order to tithe and keep in mind there are ways to give to the church and needy besides in cash.

I hope that maybe some of this will be of some help to you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »

Jon-Marc, I agree 100% with Pastor Roger. My prayers are with you brother.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »

Double ditto for me. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the