Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  John 20: 23 can sins be remitted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John 20: 23 can sins be remitted  (Read 2181 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

I want to see someone can give a good reason, for remitting of sins , and give an example where it happened in the Gospels ?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »

When God forgives us our sins, He receives us into His favour, He adopts us into His family as His beloved children and heirs and He promises to care for us, to bestow upon us all good and to keep all evil from us or turn it for our good. He gives us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, to guide us, to sanctify us, and to teach us. But it starts with the basic doctrine of the forgiveness of our sins.

The remission of sins that Christ has entrusted to His servants is nothing less but the sound preaching of the Gospel. The power does not rest in the person of the preacher or in his office as such. It lies in the message that is delivered. The message is Jesus Christ and Him crucified, the only Saviour of sinners! The message is that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). As soon as ministers depart from this message, the preaching is robbed of its power and is no longer the ministry of reconciliation. Spiritual darkness will fall on the church. Ignorance, superstition and many other evils will encroach on such a church. Its people will grope in the dark, having no certainty about anything in regard to their salvation.

If anyone thinks he knows better than the Gospel, he will find out that this same Gospel that was sent to him, will condemn him. The Gospel is not one of many options we can choose from. It is the only way of salvation. There is only one Saviour and one way that leads to heaven. Any other way leads to destruction. Thus, we have thankfully,no other option than to believe what the Lord has said in His Word. “For there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved,” Acts 4:12

The Roman Catholic Church has distorted this commission by putting man’s salvation in the hands of priests. Unless one hears the word of absolution from the priest, there is no forgiveness. This binds the consciences of people and makes them dependent on a human priest, a sinful man, and bypasses our divine High Priest to Whom is given all power to forgive sin.

We can hold on to the sins against us or we can release those sins. When I forgive someone, I visualize that person being released. I can hold to the sins of other against me and try to get even in some way. When I release others, I am also releasing myself. There is freedom in releasing others from any bondage to ourselves. When we hold others in bondage, we also hold ourselves in bondage. When you retaliate against others, you also retaliate against yourselves.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »

I had a discussion with a RCC opponent. You know that they use scripture,and this the way that I answered  them,but I always need more ammo. In John 20: 23, this all under the Law, given only to the disciples per v20 . My answer to him is found in Matt 3: 11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. If they were baptized their sins were forgiven or if they rejected that baptism their sins were retain .
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the