Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Looking forward to fellowship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking forward to fellowship  (Read 4579 times)
Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »

Hello Everyone!!
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself,  I am a 42 year old married woman who would love to make new christian friends.  If there are any woman out there who would be interested in maybe being online penpals..  prayer partners.. or just want to meet new people and be old fashioned friends.. ~smiles~  I'd love to hear from you!

Suzi....
"Striving to be as faithful to my Lord as He is to me"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

Hello Suzi65,

WELCOME!

We're happy to have you with us and look forward to reading your posts. We have lots of sweet Christians here, so I hope that you enjoy the fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »

I'm not a woman (or I wasn't the last time I checked  Grin), but welcome to the forums, Suzi.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »

Hello Suzi,

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »

Hello Smiley 
Jon-Marc..  I didnt mean to imply that I only wished to hear from woman... oops.. so thank you for your welcome ( I can tell I have met one of my Christian brothers who has a good sense of humor... Roll Eyes )  Tom and Tina I would also like to thank you for the warm and kind welcome,  I am unable to get online everyday but I hope to meet and make some good friends and hopefully some wise counselors as well... So if I may be so bold what is the best way to get to know my fellow members,  I enjoy posting in forums but with my limited time here its not very personal usually, what do Yall (lol yep Im from the south Tongue) suggest?

Suzi....
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »

Hello Suzi,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm one of the resident grandpas here. My wife and I have three children (adults themselves now), 8 grandchildren (two of them twins) and two great grand children.

The best way to get to know all of us is to find a few topics you like and just jump in on the fun and great Christian fellowship.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »

Hello Again Suzi,

I'm another resident grandpa with two grown children and 3 grandsons. I agree with Pastor Roger about the best way to get to know everyone - just jump in and have fun.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 04:15:08 PM »

Im feeling more at home here all the time!
I am a Grandma as well..  Grin   My son is currently serving in the Navy ( I love your tag Pastor Roger) and him and his wife are stationed with my grandson in Norfolk, Virginia ( Thank You Jesus for keeping him out of harms way and All my prayers for the families and service men and women  who are in more dangerous circumstances) I  read your responses to me about posting graphics.... what about links to Christian sites?  God Bless You All, you have made this site feel very welcoming. Smiley

Suzi....
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »

Please do send our thanks to your son for his service. Appreciation for our Service men and women cannot be said enough nor can enough prayers for them ever be given.

I attended a Navy school in early 1970 at Norfolk for a very short time. Then I processed through there on my way back from Bahrain after Desert Storm. Neither time was really long enough to really know much of anything about the base but it was an enjoyable stay for me as short as it was.

Posting links to Christian sites are ok as long as they do not include items or services for sale nor ask for donations. That would constitute advertising which is against the forum rules. If you are talking about using their URL's to post graphics here then it would apply as the other graphics. doing a direct URL link for graphics would use a lot of their bandwidth which then could cause them to have to pay more for their websites. It is still better to use a photo web hosting site that is set up for that specific purpose.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:14:23 AM »

Hello Suzi,

My son also served in the Navy and has been out for about 2 years. It was a very wise thing for him to do, and I'm very proud of him. He served on the Nimitz Aircraft Carrier, and the Navy trained him to be a nuclear engineer. He stepped right into an excellent civilian job because of the education and training that the Navy gave him. He also got to serve his country. I would also like to extend my thanks to your son for serving us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »

Hi Suzi, and welcome to Christians Unite forum. I pray that you enjoy your time on the forum, and in fellowship. Some of the sillier ones have already welcomed you. Wink

I am also one of the resident grandpas on the forum.

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

Wow Tom...   You must be so very proud of your son,  lol my son just "thinks" hes a rocket scientist  Wink  no actually hes always been a fairly good kid.  I kinda felt alittle sorry for him, his recruiter had him ready for adventure and travel and seeing the world,  however when all was said and done he has spent his last three years stationed in Norfolk, Virginia working in the personnel dept.  I think when all his kidding is aside about it, he really does like his work and the Mom in me counts it as nothing but an answered prayer that he is somewhere safe...  even if the only traveling hes doing is back and forth to the office... Cheesy

Suzi....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »

Hello Suzi,

Sister, I'm really proud of all young people who start their adult life in serving their country. There are many wonderful opportunities for education in the Armed Services. My son took advantage of that, and the Navy did exactly what they said they would do. It was really a pretty hard decision for my son to either get out after 6 years or do another tour. He decided to get out. Regardless, I think joining the Navy was great for him. He worked hard and did earn his way. Right now I'm thinking about many extremely sharp young people serving now. My home is Lawton Fort Sill, and they've been together for over 100 years now. We are very proud of the soldiers who serve and live here.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 03:07:58 PM »

DreamWeaver,
Hello and thank you for the kind welcome!  I just visited your web sites and I must visit them again when I can really go over them.. I didnt have time to really focus and read everything, but from what I did read I know Id love to learn more... you must have a strong teaching gift.. I was thinking how great it seemed that you are able to explain (well the part i was reading was the why and how of the plan for Salvation) you took a complex subject and clearly explained it step by step. There is a real talent to it.  I can know exatcly what quote Im wanting,  or thought Id like to share,  and by the time it escapes my mouth,  it just well, lets just say I have experienced my share of dazed and confused stares... Roll Eyes      Hope to be friends..   

Suzi....
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

Suzi, I make it a point anything on my website can be freely copied and given. The Word, of God is free for anyone. The only thing I ask is the Word be used to Glorify God.

Bob

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the