Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Satan, Adam, and Sin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Satan, Adam, and Sin  (Read 2522 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:57:25 AM »

Satan, Adam, and Sin

Adam might be considered the original “bad boy” in the Bible; after all, he succumbed to temptation and sinned. But he was not the originator of sin—the first creature to sin was Satan. Satan's creation is not described in Scripture, but Jesus said that He saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven (Luke 10:18). The New Testament identifies Satan as the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Rev. 20:2). He is a fallen angel and is capable of appearing as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14). Jesus characterized Satan as a murderer and a liar (John 8:44). Satan and the other angels who fell with him will eventually be punished in the lake of fire (Matt. 25:41; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6).

If Satan was the first of God's creatures to sin, why does Romans 5:12 say that sin “entered the world” through Adam? Why not say that sin entered God's created order through Satan? Or why not say that sin entered the world through Eve, since she was the first to be deceived and the first human being to sin (1 Tim. 2:14)? The Bible points to Adam as the entrance point, because he was our representative. This representative function helps us to understand why Paul says that death came to all because “all sinned” in Romans 5:12. Adam's sin affected our position and our nature. All men and women share the guilt of Adam's sin, and all are born with a fallen nature as a result. We compound the guilt incurred through Adam's sinful choice by our own disobedience.

Although we may chafe at the thought of having our spiritual fate linked to the choice and actions of another, God's selection of Adam as our representative actually paved the way for redemption. Jesus Christ is called the “last Adam” (1 Cor. 15:45). Since sin entered the human race through one man—Adam, grace and forgiveness are now offered through one man—Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:15-19). Consequently, Adam was not merely the primary source of sin for the human race, but in a sense he was also its first agent of grace.

The theological term that is sometimes used to describe the relationship between Adam and Christ is imputation. To impute something to someone is to credit it to them. The connection between Adam and Christ means that Jesus Christ's death and resurrection can be credited to us by grace and through faith.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

Well Actually, satan's sin is recorded in Isaiah 14:13,14; "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the most High." His sin was pride and self-exaltation.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the