Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Boondock Saints
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boondock Saints  (Read 11617 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 11:54:18 PM »

So now there are words that are inherently evil? Did I miss that memo? Roll Eyes Was I asleep for that vote? Wake up up that one, I might have been a swing vote! Grin

Since when has Christianity become a democrecy, the last I knew it was a theocracy GOD Rules, no voteing. We are to stay away from even the pretence of evil.

First of all, that was sarcasm. But, if we are to take was I said literally... then for what you said to apply in this situation, we would have to assume that this word we are referring to was chosen to be evil by God, and that you have the right to speak for God in the first place, by telling us what things he has chosen to be evil.

The man was nailed to a tree. He has seen and heard everything there is ever and will ever be to see and hear. He made the planets then paved out their orbits. I do not believe one word that is "evil" by the FCCs standards will phase him to much.  

So Jesus is just a man to you, and as to FCC I don't care what they say I follow my Saviour,And GOD. Cry Cry Cry

Good, it appears we all know the truth. First of all, what I said was not addressed to you. Secondly, nothing I said even resembles what you just posted. If you are going to answer someone else’s reply for them, at least do it correctly. Roll Eyes Would Jesus put words in peoples mouth? I think not. If you are going to follow him, live by his example, and stop trying read into things that aren’t their.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 03:27:23 AM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Neo
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2004, 01:59:44 AM »

1.) Don't like the swearing? Don't worry! Those words didn't exist when Jesus was around. Grin (Note - this is a joke.)
2.) Don't like the violence? Don't worry! The Bible is full of it, too. Smiley (Note - this is not a joke. I like 1 Samuel 15:3 in particular.)

Again, if you can't see past the language and the violence to the heart and philosophy of the movie, then you really do have a few issues to work out.

Of course, just my two cents.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2004, 11:00:19 AM »

Again, if you can't see past the language and the violence to the heart and philosophy of the movie, then you really do have a few issues to work out.

Of course, just my two cents.

YIKES!!!  I agree with Neo! Someone take my temperature!  Grin

Neo: Actually, I've never seen the movie, but your two cents is exactly how I feel about a lot of novels I read and movies I watch.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2004, 02:25:19 AM »

So, what you are saying is, when you watch movies and read novels, you judge not what the words are, but what they say?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2004, 10:08:14 AM »

Tibby - ha-ha - you're a funny guy.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
I judge a lot of things.  I judge whether or not it's safe to cross the street.  I judge whether a person is innocent or guilty of a crime.  I judge whether or not I should wear a jacket in the mornings.  I judge whether liberals are mentally ill or just morons.  Grin
I judge actions and reactions.  
What I am unable, unqualified and unwilling to judge is what is in a person's heart.
'nuff said???
  Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004, 03:44:25 PM »

I wish more Christians felt like you do!!!

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 12:25:07 AM »

I wish more Christians felt like you do!!!

Whoa! Not me! I know me all too well!  So often, because of the guilt I feel, it's all I can do to address Jesus in prayer - I am SOOOO unworthy!  Praise Him for accepting me as I am through my faith in Him!
Tibby - do you sometimes feel as I do, in that I wish I could suffer and die for Him in return?  I know it's not possible for either of us...  just something I occasionally think of... He is so wonderful...

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 09:33:19 AM »

Actually, I posted on this on my website the other day. Some friend of mine were saying what you where saying. I believe all to often we look about ourselves as pieces of feces that god sprinkles magic dust on the make us special. I believe we are perfect. The Bible calls us "Fearfully and wonderfully made." We are not feces, we are beautiful pieces of art work, that overtime get a little dusty, and need a little bit of a cleaning.

That’s my 2 cents Smiley

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 10:47:02 PM »

I believe all to often we look about ourselves as pieces of feces that god sprinkles magic dust on the make us special. I believe we are perfect. The Bible calls us "Fearfully and wonderfully made." We are not feces, we are beautiful pieces of art work, that overtime get a little dusty, and need a little bit of a cleaning.
Nope - not gonna argue with you on that one.  I think you are stating fact, whereas I was stating feeling (how unworthy I feel).

Nope - can't argue.  Thanks for the reminder.

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2004, 03:23:20 AM »

Well, you are a woman, so that is expected. Tongue

Grin Grin Grin Just joking.  Kiss

You're welcome, any time. We get so bogged down in the deep stuff, something we forget the basics.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the