Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Where do you buy gas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do you buy gas?  (Read 1612 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

TIME TO FIGHT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.  READ ON.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it.  It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

Shouldn't we return the favor?  Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings?  How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS.  Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia .  Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead.   Don't you think it might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell...................................      205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco..................       144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil.......................       130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............       117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................       62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction!  (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC.  If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco.......................       0 barrels
Conoco.......................       0 barrels
Sinclair.......................       0 barrels
BP / Phillips................        0 barrels
Hess. ................................................       0 barrels
ARC0.........................................      0 barrels
Maverick......................       0 barrels
Flying J. ..........................................       0 barrels
Valero..........................       0 barrels
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »

Sister, I'm sorry to say that this information is not correct. A primer put out by the Energy Information Administration which is the center that publishes all information for the U.S. Department of Energy says in response to the question "Can I tell which companies purchase imported crude oil or gasoline?" says:

"While EIA cannot identify which companies are selling imported gasoline, EIA does collect data on which companies import crude oil and refined products. However, the fact that a given company imported crude oil or gasoline does not mean that those particular imports will end-up being sold to motorists as that company's brand of gasoline. The origin of the crude oil that a refinery processes is determined by market economics at a given time and may change from month-to-month or even day-to-day."

One of the many Sunoco branches does get it's oil from Venezuela. Several of the Conoco Phillips owned refineries get theirs from Libya as well as Venezuela. BP/Phillips is no longer under that name. It is now BP Products N America (Phillips portion is now a company called Conoco Phillips) of which BP gets some of theirs from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Venezuela and a number of other Muslim countries. ARCO is no longer listed as it is now a subsidiary of BP and uses their refineries.

As the paragraph that I quoted above says all this is subject to change on a daily basis according to the price of the oil from each country changes. It would be impossible to boycott any specific company. We would have to boycott them all in order to achieve this goal.

This is the problem that was created with the free trade agreement with these nations.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:41:25 PM »

It wouldn't make any difference anyway. There is only so much crude available. If we could buy it from non-Saudi sources, it would force other countries to buy from the Saudis who now don't, so they would make exactly the same amount of money.

High energy prices are hurting us, but think how they are affecting third world countries that have to import oil.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:46:22 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I really don't know what to say about this massive problem, but I do have some thoughts. We do have additional OIL resources right here, but various environmental groups have managed to STOP most of it. We also have excellent ways to produce electricity that doesn't involve using oil products. Again, various environmental groups have managed to STOP nearly everything. In short, these various environmental groups appear to be one of our biggest problems in being FREE from Arab OIL. We use HUGE amounts of oil products to generate electricity, and this is INSANE.

We should have been putting NEW and completely SAFE NUCLEAR plants online in big numbers many years ago, but we didn't. We have new technology for CLEAN COAL-FIRED electricity generation, but the environmentalists are stopping that also. We have COMPLETELY CLEAN WIND-GENERATED electricity, but environmentalists and bird-lovers have stopped most of this also. Our Legislative branch needs to pass some laws taking environmentalists OUT of the picture and start producing alternative sources for electricity RIGHT NOW IN EMERGENCY MODE. After all, this is a crisis, and our survival is at stake.

Fuel use by privately owned vehicles is an entirely different problem, and it needs to be addressed also. Rationing or any other method would be wonderful to force all of us to be wiser in transportation. Car-pooling and various kinds of public transportation are just two examples. Other GREAT examples would be walking, using bicycles, and just plain PARKING those vehicles. This is before talking about vehicles that use other than gasoline. If the demand was high enough, prices for vehicles using other than gasoline would come down pretty quickly. Further, the money spent on our own technology and kept RIGHT HERE would create many good paying jobs that would be GREAT for our economy.

We really could save HUGE amounts of gasoline just by using common sense. The most insane use of oil products is to generate our electricity. This ought to be against the law. We shouldn't have a single watt of electricity coming to our homes that was generated by oil products.

Sister Yvette, you made some great points. It is INSANE to buy oil products from nations that want to kill us. The only way I know to properly address this situation is to STOP USING OIL or USE ONLY OUR OWN OIL. YES - we could do that, and we should ALREADY BE DOING IT!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 03:50:02 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »

Thanks for the info guys.  I really don't know what the answer is to this problem.  I know that we could be self sufficient, but our government is getting something out of the deal or they would be doing something about it.

Let us fight the good fight!
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59402

"After three years of clandestine development, a Georgia company is now going public with a simple, natural way to convert anything that grows out of the Earth into oil."

These folks claim to have adapted the bacteria cows use to digest food (and produce methane) to be able to produce hydrocarbons.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »

Yes, I saw that. It is posted elsewhere on the forum. The process has been around for years but supposedly this person has figured a way to do it more efficiently and quicker. It would be nice all the way around if this really works.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »

Very Interesting! I find this one particularly interesting because it uses the non-edible portions of plants that are usually just thrown away. I read another article that had concerns of needed food being used for fuel instead of food. I can't see using food when there are still so many starving people in the world. The speed and cost of production is the next area of big interest.

Gas and oil prices are going to be out of reach soon for average people. Regardless, it will be expensive and I'd much rather CUT the Arab countries out of the equation and keep our money at home. At this point, I'd still rather keep our money at home even if the Arab oil prices came way down. Bluntly, we need to be FREE from the Arab oil forever and never again let any country hold us hostage over energy. Foreign policy decisions should have nothing to do with oil, and the only way to do that is cut the foreign oil OFF!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the