Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Theology Question....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Theology Question....  (Read 2184 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

I guess it's a theology question.

I am curious;  In Genesis 48:11-20, Jacob is blessing Joseph's sons and he puts the younger ahead of the first born.  What was the significance of that and how did and/or has it played out in history and/or modern times?

In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »

God many times picked the seemingly least likely to accomplish His work. Abel over the elder Cain, Shem above Japheth, Abraham above Nahor and Haran, Isaac above Ishmael, Jacob above Esau; Judah and Joseph were preferred before Reuben, Moses before Aaron, David and Solomon before their elder brethren. One person that seemed the least likely, Saul, became one of the most important people to convey the gospel to the gentiles, the Lord's servant Paul. We also see this today in God's choices of those that He uses to fulfill His work.

Ephraim became the biggest and eventually the most important tribe of Israel, being the one that ruled over all Israel. Manasseh became divided, one half on one side of Jordan the other half on the other side of Jordan and therefore being divided was weak.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »

Ephraim became the biggest and eventually the most important tribe of Israel, being the one that ruled over all Israel. Manasseh became divided, one half on one side of Jordan the other half on the other side of Jordan and therefore being divided was weak.

The first part I knew.  But on the second part:  So was it Ephraim's line that ruled over Israel and Manasseh's who ruled over Judah?  Israel had more wicked kings ruling than Judah did.  So that's an interesting twist if they were blessed above Manasseh's tribe.  I'm wondering if there is more to it in relation to Israel since it became a nation again or if there will be more to it in end times?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »

Eze 37:16  Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Eze 37:17  And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

Zec 10:6  And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them.
Zec 10:7  And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.

These verses are considered to be the prophecies that pertain to the near end times when Judah and Ephraim return and join together.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:20:27 AM »

Eze 37:16  Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Eze 37:17  And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

Zec 10:6  And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them.
Zec 10:7  And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.

These verses are considered to be the prophecies that pertain to the near end times when Judah and Ephraim return and join together.

Ahhhh.  Thank you Pasta Roga!   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »

Ahhhh.  Thank you Pasta Roga!   Grin

How is the little guy doing? Are you able to have some time with him yet?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

How is the little guy doing? Are you able to have some time with him yet?

Yes!  I got to spend two nights at my daughters last week!  Also I just found out today that I should be able to move into my new apt (owned by the mission) on the 1st of April!  After that I can get back to my normal routine of having him at Grammy's house on my days off!  Can't wait!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 10:35:40 PM »

I can understand that. I really miss my little ones when I don't get to see them in awhile. They do keep Pa Paw going strong.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the