Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  United Methodist Church Groups Targeting Israel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: United Methodist Church Groups Targeting Israel  (Read 1028 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »

United Methodist Church Groups Targeting Israel

by Staff
March 13, 2008

WASHINGTON, (christiansunite.com) -- Several groups within the 7.9 million member United Methodist Church are targeting Israel with divestment proposals and hostile publications.

The United Methodist Board of Church and Society (GBCS), the church's official Washington-based lobbying office, is urging church members and church agencies to divest from Caterpillar, Inc. Their resolution, which will go before the United Methodist General Conference in April 2008, accuses Peoria- based Caterpillar of facilitating Israel's destruction of Palestinian property. Five regional annual conferences within United Methodism have passed similar resolutions.

The New York-based United Methodist Women's Division has published a children's book containing anti-Israel themes, "From Palestine to Seattle; Becoming Neighbors and Friends." The booklet portrays Israel as an oppressor of Palestinians while omitting nearly all mention of terrorism.

The Washington-based Methodist Federation for Social Action (MFSA), a liberal caucus group within United Methodism, has outdone the church's official lobby office by calling for divestment against ALL "companies supporting the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories and other violations of human rights in Israel/Palestine."

The United Methodist Women's Division also has released a mission study for 2007-2008 that portrays Israel as virtually the sole aggressor in the Middle East. The study is for use by nearly 700,000 United Methodist Women's members across the nation.

IRD Director of UMAction Mark Tooley commented:

"Israel is unremittingly portrayed as the chief obstacle to Middle East peace by these radicalized United Methodist groups, and by extension, the United States is viewed as directly complicit through its support of Israel.

"Widespread parts of the United Methodist Church bureaucracy are claiming one primary solution to Middle East violence: punish Israel.

"Church agencies should strive towards fairness and factuality. Targeting Israel as the Middle-East's unique villain, while virtually ignoring terrorism and radical Islam, is a gross disservice to members of The United Methodist Church and to the wider public."

The Institute on Religion and Democracy, founded in 1981, is an ecumenical alliance of U.S. Christians working to reform their churches' social witness, in accord with biblical and historic Christian teachings, thereby contributing to the renewal of democratic society at home and abroad.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion06962.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2007 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:06:45 AM »

Wo to them that turn their back upon Israel. 

I will agree that Israel has it's faults and does cause problems from time to time....however it is ignorance to even consider that Israel is the sole aggrivator of the region.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »

Good Morning Brother Jerry,

I just considered this as more evidence that things around the world, including this part of the world, are moving toward the End Days of this Age of Grace. I agree that Israel is far from perfect, but defense is what they are most frequently guilty of. Brother, we will see much worse as the End Days draw nearer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the