Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided  (Read 1337 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2003, 06:46:19 PM »

This is your invitation to    
Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided    

To Hear    

"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"    

Romans 10:17    

"In Whom (Christ) ye also trusted, having heard the Word of Truth..."    
Ephesians 1:13    

The Word Of God    

"For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two - edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner (critic) of the thoughts and intents of the heart"    

Hebrews 4:12    

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (God breathed) and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect (complete) thoroughly furnished unto all good works"    

2 Timothy 3:16, 17    

Rightly Divided    

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth"    

2 Timothy 2:15    

God's Message for This Age Teaches    

1. The total depravity of man - "There is none righteous, no not one." "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God"    

Romans 3:10, 23    

2. The all - sufficiency of the work of Christ on the cross - "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died "FOR" the ungodly." "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died "FOR" us." Much more then, having been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him"    

Romans 5: 6, 8, 9    

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testifiedi n due time"    

1 Timothy 2:5, 6    

"For He hath made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him"    

2 Corinthians 5:21                                                                                              

3. The simple means of salvation - "For by Grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast"    

Ephesians 2:8, 9    

"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"    

Romans 5:1    

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1) And I hope to give clear teachings on all the following:    

1. The distinctiveness of the revelation given by the Glorified Lord to the Apostle Paul for this age.......................................GALATIANS 1:11, 12    
a. Called the Gospel of the Grace of God..............ACTS 20:24    
b. Hidden in other ages, called the Mystery or secret....EPHESIANS 3:1 - 9    
c. Completes the Word of God...............................COLOSSIANS 1:24 - 26    

2. The oneness of all true believers in Jesus Christ.    
a.  There is one body................................................ROMANS 12:4, 5    
b.  Baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit.................1 CORINTHIANS 12:13    
c.  The seven - fold unity (oneness) of the Spirit.......EPHESIANS 4:3 - 6        

3. The perfect standing of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  Accepted in Christ................................................EPHESIANS 1:6    
b.  Seated in the Heavenlies.....................................EPHESIANS 2:6    
c.  Complete in Christ................................................COLOSSIANS 2:9, 10  

4. The joyful responsibilities of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  To God:    
     ...to glorify Him..................................................1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, 20    
     ...to be a faithful steward...................................1 CORINTHIANS 4:1, 2    
     ...to proclaim God's message...2 CORINTHIANS 5:19, 20; EPHESIANS 3:9    

b.  To one another:    
     ...to love the brethren.........................................................ROMANS 12:10;    

EPHESIANS 4:32, COLOSSIANS 3:12 - 14    

...to serve the brethren...................................................GALATIANS 5:13    

c.   To the world:    
     ...to manifest the love of Christ....................................ROMANS 12:17-21    
     ...to proclaim the Gospel of the Grace of God................ROMANS 3:24, 25;    

1 CORINTHIANS 15:3, 4      

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 09:27:43 PM »

The Bible itself gives the instructions on how to study.

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (KJV)
2Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

You see, all the Bible is for us, when it is rightly divided. The opposite of right division is wrong division. So we must conclude that care should be taken when studying the Word of God.
Many have never heard of dispensations or ages. These are not some theological words. Both of these words come right out of the bible

Eph. 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Col. 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (KJV)

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 09:31:26 PM »

Why do many, reject, dispensationalism?
1. Laziness it takes time to learn.
2. Fear of it being an error, of being rejected, ostracized, unchurched, laughed at, mocked.

3. Pride - many cannot admit that they are or have been wrong.

4. Low self esteem - pastors use confusion as a tool to control others. They have a need to control. They feel strong.

5. Money.

6. Deceived by Satan, they have eyes and see not.

7. Many are to religious. (man's way)

8. They have been trained that Bible Study is not that important.

Why is a knowledge of the Dispensations and ages so important???
1. It prevents contradictions.
2. It guards against doctrinal error.

3. It lets us know where we are in history.

EXAMPLE:

· Babylon captivity, Jewish Age
· Revelation Tribulation, future

· We are in between these, Age of the Mystery

4. It guards against a false sense of assurance.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 09:52:55 PM »

Many reject dispensationalism because they say, "God never changes." Well, let's test the validity of their rebuke. Again, lets use the Bible itself to examine their rebukes.

Luke 9:33 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.  

Now Read:

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 09:56:11 PM »

Many reject dispensationalism because they say, "God never changes." Well, let's test the validity of their rebuke. Again, lets use the Bible itself to examine their rebukes

Matt. 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Now Read:

2Cor. 12: 8-9
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 09:59:51 PM »

Many reject dispensationalism because they say, "God never changes." Well, let's test the validity of their rebuke. Again, lets use the Bible itself to examine their rebukes

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Now Read:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 10:02:48 PM »

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Now Read:

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 12:19:58 PM »

Matt. 23:2-3
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Now Read:

Gal. 5:11 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 12:22:16 PM »

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Now Read:

Eph. 3:1-3
1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 12:25:33 PM »

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Now Read:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 12:34:37 PM »

Didn't something seem to change in these verses? How do we explain the seeming contradiction? The answer is quite simple. God's Sovereignty never changes. God does change the way He deals with mankind, but His Holiness, His righteousness never changes. Simply put, God's character never changes as He deals differently with mankind.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 02:35:44 PM »

Still others insist that we must keep all the commands in the Bible. Is this possible? Again, let's test this theory.

Luke 3:11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.
This verse says you HAVE two coats. Do you have two coats? This verse says nothing whatsoever about knowing someone who had two coats. Either quit saying these passages are for you or obey them. Start with this passage.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
How are you doing with this one?

Ex. 20:8-10
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Which day was the sabbath day? How much work was allowed? Was the sabbath given to the Gentiles? Was any of the law given to the Gentiles? When does the sabbath start and end? For those who try to insist that we are to keep Sunday, how are the doing with the Sub-Sabbath commandments?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the