Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Being a Man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being a Man.  (Read 13304 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2004, 10:03:55 PM »

I wonder what's happened to ALLinall.

Thank you , Ollie.

I was thinking we're here existing in our bodies, unaware that we're an independent created being completely self-contained, created that way by design(after the likeness of our creator),  that we had nothing to do with it.

Don't you remember wishing that you had real people to put in our little toy trucks, and in our little toy houses, etc.  We always wanted to see those toys somehow driven independently of our having to move them about physically and say "varoom, varoom".   Roll Eyes

And the girls were always bring their dolls by--and the more "live" the doll the better it was--dolls that would talk, dolls that would cry, dolls that would weewee( Roll Eyes), dolls that would walk.

But here we all are, real "live" dolls.  'cept we're not the one watching us.  We ARE us.

Huh
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2004, 08:31:07 PM »

Yep-we get to be the little peanut human beings. It's kind of nice, in a way. If we weren't, we'd have no sense of wonder. No excitement in discovery. No awe from staring at the black, endless universe. No joy and excitement in learning. So, it's cool being the created. I like it. Smiley

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2004, 09:45:51 PM »

Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2004, 01:31:37 AM »

I just captured some tiny people to drive my Matchbox cars, but I want to drive and they won't let me. All they will let me do is watch and say "varoom".

Well, I'm off to lead my plastic soldiers into battle.   Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2004, 11:20:08 AM »

Well, I'm off to lead my plastic soldiers into battle.

Oh man.  This got me thinking about my hobby and my oldest daughter's viewpoint thereof.  You see, I collect and paint fantasy/historical miniatures - which my daughter calls "daddy's little men."  But she has taken quite an artistic interest in my hobby.  I was painting Orcs, mind you, Orcs the other day.  She asked what they were called and what they were.  I explained that they are brown or green bad guys called Orcs.  So the other day, she's talking to my wife, telling her about how daddy likes to paint his Dorks.  

I need a male child... Cheesy

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2004, 04:50:02 AM »

I need a male child...

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Grin  I think you need a couple more daughters.  I actually like the idea of visualizing you playing with dolls and having tea parties.   Cheesy  I know, I shouldn't be so cruel.  I'll make up for it by sending you a new Barbie for Christmas.  I think the devil made me say that. I really shouldn't laugh, as I raised 1 daughter and 1 son. OK, I'll fess up - Yes, I did play dolls and have tea parties with my daughter when she was young.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 02:43:34 AM »

I always wanted to be in the car, or be the plastic solider. Look at me now I am a real life Sarge... WOO HOO!! I even have a car...

My daughter likes horses so we play horsies on the weekends when I actually get to spend time with the kids, then its time for cars or zoids, and usally wrestling on the trampoline with my 2 sons. I like to think God is up there thinking how much he loves to see us play and be together as happy as can be. I really think that we should be more loving as men. I know I sometimes tell the kids to quit pestering me, but often I just can't resist the puppy dog look that follows.

Ever notice the wonderment in a 6 yr olds eyes? I had almost forgot what it looked like until last sunday. I had to run to work to pick up some papers. I asked my eldest son if he wanted to go. Well of course I knew he would but I didn't want to tear him away from Bob the Builder. "Where are we going Daddy?" "Were going to work and I'll show you the airplanes" "REALLY?!?!" "Sure will I'll even take you up where the pilots sit" The excitement that boy had was astonishing. When I took him inside the hanger and he finally saw that massive airplane those big brown eyes of his got as big around as dinner plates. "Daddy that is a big plane! You work on that?" "Yep what do you think?" "I wanna look closer" We went all over that plane. I showed him engines, wings, crew compartment (cockpit is not PC anymore Wink) weapons bays, landing gear you name it.(In case you'll didn't know I am a mechanic on the B-1B Bomber. Stationed at Dyess AFB TX. I currently am a Chief Inspector for the Phase Docks. Its kind of like overhauling your entire car every 600 hours that you drive it.) He still talks about it. I want to be more like my son. I want the same intense wonder back in my life. I don't like being jaded. I think I speak for a good many men. Daily life grinds you down, just makes you tired. It used to make me mean, but Christ healed that wound.

Wonderment and love are my goals to being a more Christ like man.

God Bless,

Jim

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
tony350

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2004, 12:07:01 AM »

I like being a man becouse:

I don't need but one pair of boot's(they last at least a year)

I can kill my own food.

I don't need to know but a few colors.

I know how to fix my own truck.

It takes me only about 2 minutes to shop  Grin

I ain't scared of snakes,gatoes,etc..

and so on....

Yet you married men are lucky!
I have not married yet.

If/when I do marry I will wear the paints in the house.

you know why?

the wife can never make up her mind. Grin

I will have to let her KNOW I can't read minds too.

Do you hate it when you know something is bothering her but she say's "nothing."

Then the female will shop all around town trying to find the cheapest prices. When she does find the item like a 2 dollor idem...it would have cost her 10 for the gas to get all around town Grin

But I'm gonna run now....FAST Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the