Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Healer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Healer  (Read 4170 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »

~~~ I AM - The Son ~~~
(Originally written in 2000)
Healer

Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we  esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded  for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the  chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His wounds we ourselves  are healed. (Is53:4-5)

"Jehovah opens the eyes of the blind; Jehovah raises those bowed down.."  (Ps146:8 ) "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of  the deaf opened. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of  the dumb shall sing." (Is35:5-6a) "So says Jehovah God, creating the  heavens and stretching them out; spreading out the earth...I, Jehovah,  have called You...for a Light to the nations; to open blind eyes..."  (~Is42:5-7)

After the people had acclaimed Jesus as the "Son of David" coming into  Jerusalem, the "blind and lame ones came to Him in the temple, and He  healed them." (Mt21:14) Fulfilling Isaiah 35. Sick people were not  allowed in the temple. Notice how the lame man whom Peter and John  raised up was sitting at the 'gate' of the temple. But Jesus was doing  things differently again. He allowed the infirm to come to Him -in- the  temple area. And He healed them.

Modern charismania has as one of its foundational doctrines, Is53:5,  "with His wounds we are healed." However, they don't heal as Jesus did.  They conjure and proclaim "be healed". It is possible that many of their  subjects are healed psychosomatically. And there are many cases where  various practitioners actually do heal. But there are also countless  people who had "be healed" pronounced over them, who continued to be  sick...many, who also died.

When Jesus healed, it says, "..He healed them -all-." (Mt12:15) Never  forget that Pharaoh's magician/priests (Ex7:11) duplicated Moses' and  Aaron's signs; but after a certain point, they were no longer able.  (Ex8:18-19) False prophets may get -some- prophesies correctly; but they  also have many errors, by which you know they are false. God's  prophesies are 100%. In the same way, healings that are from God are  100%. When these practitioners conduct their healing meetings, claiming  to call down God's power, yes, some probably actually -are- healed. But  statistics and accounts tell that many are not. They are healing 'some',  but their power is not from God.

The one born blind from birth was asked "What do you say about Him  because He opened your eyes? He is a prophet" (Jn9:17) Oooh...but He did  it on the sabbath!! (vs16) But when Jesus healed, everyone He touched  was -actually- healed. This was one of the things that would  characterize Jesus. The O.T. prophecies did not say that He would "keep  the sabbath"; we learned a couple lessons ago that He is "Lord of the  sabbath". But the leaders were comparing Him to their notion of what  they presumed the sabbath should be. But were not comparing with  Scripture.

When John, from prison, sent his disciples to find out, for sure, if  this was -really- Jesus, Jesus responds, "Going, relate to John what you  hear and see: The blind receive sight, and the lame walk; lepers are  cleansed, and the deaf hear; the dead are raised, and the poor are given  the gospel." (Mt11:4-5) Jesus pointed John to His fulfillment of  Isa61:1.

When the sick were brought to Jesus, He did not do a sweeping general  'prayer' over the sick multitude in a separate room, prior to going in  to perform the 'main show' where certain chosen ones were brought up to  the platform in front of the TV cameras. It says "they brought to Him  -all- the ones having illness...and He healed them." (Mt4:24) He didn't  'pick-n-choose' the ones He knew He could heal or con. In another place  "He healed them all". (Mt12:15) And rather than having complaints and  repeat trips to doctors to fix what He botched up, the witness of the  people was, "He has done all things well." (Mk7:37)

If Jesus was opening the eyes of the blind, and Ps146:8 says that  "Jehovah opens the eyes of the blind", we can only conclude that Jesus  was telling the truth when He says, "I went forth and have come from  God" (Jn8:42) "I and the Father are One." (Jn10:30)

"..knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep;
for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. Let us
walk decently, as in the day...putting on the Lord Jesus Christ..
...redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
Romans 13:11-14~ Ephesians 5:16

From A Voice In The Wilderness
Free E-Mail Subscriptions: http://www.a-voice.org/mail

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »

~~~ I AM - The Son ~~~
(Originally written in 2000)
Healer

Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we  esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded  for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the  chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His wounds we ourselves  are healed. (Is53:4-5)

"Jehovah opens the eyes of the blind; Jehovah raises those bowed down.."  (Ps146:8 ) "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of  the deaf opened. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of  the dumb shall sing." (Is35:5-6a) "So says Jehovah God, creating the  heavens and stretching them out; spreading out the earth...I, Jehovah,  have called You...for a Light to the nations; to open blind eyes..."  (~Is42:5-7)

After the people had acclaimed Jesus as the "Son of David" coming into  Jerusalem, the "blind and lame ones came to Him in the temple, and He  healed them." (Mt21:14) Fulfilling Isaiah 35. Sick people were not  allowed in the temple. Notice how the lame man whom Peter and John  raised up was sitting at the 'gate' of the temple. But Jesus was doing  things differently again. He allowed the infirm to come to Him -in- the  temple area. And He healed them.

Modern charismania has as one of its foundational doctrines, Is53:5,  "with His wounds we are healed." However, they don't heal as Jesus did.  They conjure and proclaim "be healed". It is possible that many of their  subjects are healed psychosomatically. And there are many cases where  various practitioners actually do heal. But there are also countless  people who had "be healed" pronounced over them, who continued to be  sick...many, who also died.

When Jesus healed, it says, "..He healed them -all-." (Mt12:15) Never  forget that Pharaoh's magician/priests (Ex7:11) duplicated Moses' and  Aaron's signs; but after a certain point, they were no longer able.  (Ex8:18-19) False prophets may get -some- prophesies correctly; but they  also have many errors, by which you know they are false. God's  prophesies are 100%. In the same way, healings that are from God are  100%. When these practitioners conduct their healing meetings, claiming  to call down God's power, yes, some probably actually -are- healed. But  statistics and accounts tell that many are not. They are healing 'some',  but their power is not from God.

The one born blind from birth was asked "What do you say about Him  because He opened your eyes? He is a prophet" (Jn9:17) Oooh...but He did  it on the sabbath!! (vs16) But when Jesus healed, everyone He touched  was -actually- healed. This was one of the things that would  characterize Jesus. The O.T. prophecies did not say that He would "keep  the sabbath"; we learned a couple lessons ago that He is "Lord of the  sabbath". But the leaders were comparing Him to their notion of what  they presumed the sabbath should be. But were not comparing with  Scripture.

When John, from prison, sent his disciples to find out, for sure, if  this was -really- Jesus, Jesus responds, "Going, relate to John what you  hear and see: The blind receive sight, and the lame walk; lepers are  cleansed, and the deaf hear; the dead are raised, and the poor are given  the gospel." (Mt11:4-5) Jesus pointed John to His fulfillment of  Isa61:1.

When the sick were brought to Jesus, He did not do a sweeping general  'prayer' over the sick multitude in a separate room, prior to going in  to perform the 'main show' where certain chosen ones were brought up to  the platform in front of the TV cameras. It says "they brought to Him  -all- the ones having illness...and He healed them." (Mt4:24) He didn't  'pick-n-choose' the ones He knew He could heal or con. In another place  "He healed them all". (Mt12:15) And rather than having complaints and  repeat trips to doctors to fix what He botched up, the witness of the  people was, "He has done all things well." (Mk7:37)

If Jesus was opening the eyes of the blind, and Ps146:8 says that  "Jehovah opens the eyes of the blind", we can only conclude that Jesus  was telling the truth when He says, "I went forth and have come from  God" (Jn8:42) "I and the Father are One." (Jn10:30)

"..knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep;
for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. Let us
walk decently, as in the day...putting on the Lord Jesus Christ..
...redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
Romans 13:11-14~ Ephesians 5:16

From A Voice In The Wilderness
Free E-Mail Subscriptions: http://www.a-voice.org/mail

Brother Tom,
May "Isaiah 53: 3-5 be branded in my heart, when He picks me up He will see my branded heart.
Love in Jesus Def.

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:52:19 AM »

Brother Tom,
May "Isaiah 53: 3-5 be branded in my heart, when He picks me up He will see my branded heart.
Love in Jesus Def.

Amen Sister Def!

HIS Wounds should have been our wounds, and HIS Death in our place is a love higher than can be expressed by mankind.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »

Amen Sister Def!

HIS Wounds should have been our wounds, and HIS Death in our place is a love higher than can be expressed by mankind.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!
I LOVE YOU  FATHER THANK YOU.JESUS MY LORD FOR THY BLOOD SHEED FOR US . THANK YOUBrother Tom Thank you.I really don't know what love is when i see God's  love for me ,I feel very small WHEN I LOOK UP  and just don't see How I can even say to God I Love you and that is were I see that it is  a GIFT.BY GRACE I AM SAVED....GLORY!!!!
Love in Jesus Def
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:37:02 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »

AMEN BRO TOM!

One thing I would like to point out in Isaiah 53:5 that so many seem to miss
...he was bruised for our iniquities...

When someone is bruised they bleed on the inside. "By his stripes we were healed"
He bleed on the outside for our diseases to be healed, but he also bleed on the inside
so that our insides (emotions,feelings,and our mind) could be healed as well

excellent post Bro Tom!

respectfully yours in Yeshua

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »

AMEN BRO TOM!

One thing I would like to point out in Isaiah 53:5 that so many seem to miss
...he was bruised for our iniquities...

When someone is bruised they bleed on the inside. "By his stripes we were healed"
He bleed on the outside for our diseases to be healed, but he also bleed on the inside
so that our insides (emotions,feelings,and our mind) could be healed as well

excellent post Bro Tom!

respectfully yours in Yeshua

ravenloche

Amen Ravenloche!

Brother, we have a lengthy post I think from the Mayo Clinic about what JESUS CHRIST would have suffered in the crucifixion. It's a graphic description that indicates the horrendous suffering involved in crucifixion. It's based on research by doctors, so it isn't just a simple statement, rather a detailed statement from professionals about what crucifixion would have been like for the person being executed. Our Precious SAVIOUR had the power to destroy the earth and prevent any power from harming HIM, but HE gave HIMSELF up freely to take our place and take our punishment in HIS OWN HOLY BODY.

Roman crucifixion was a lengthy and detailed process. It was a death sentence designed for ultimate humiliation and lengthy pain and suffering. It was a cruel and barbaric execution designed to put fear in the hearts of the Roman enemies. If anything, the graphic description of crucifixion by these doctors is probably an understatement and a conservative view of the horror and suffering involved in this type of execution. I think that the thread is labeled something like "What Did JESUS Suffer For Our Sins?"

AND here's why:

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the