Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Our Tithes are used fund Anti War Protesters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our Tithes are used fund Anti War Protesters  (Read 3753 times)
Serving Him

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2003, 03:19:48 PM »

Please read, this is true!  
What can we do?

Funding Anti/War Protesters with our Tithes? YES!

Could it possibly be that my church is supporting and financing our peace protesters who carry signs calling our President sick and horrible names while burning our flag and denigrating everything that is good about this Country?  That Tithes are being used to finance such a cause?  Is it possible that Pastors baptizing our courageous sons, daughters, fathers and mothers on the battlefields this very day are at the same time undermining our Troops efforts on the home front? Is this possible! The answer is yes and this is how.

The "National Council of Churches" web site at http://www.ncccusa.org, front page under "Quick Reference/Member Communions" I found my religion was listed along with thirty-five others denominations as "members".  Included were, American Baptist Churches, Christian Methodist, Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Presbyterian Church, United Methodist Church and many more, all of whom support the NCC.  

Scrolling down the front page to "Links to Denominational and Ecumenical Statements"; Clicking on "Related Web Sites" and scrolling down finding " United for Peace: http://www.unitedforpeace.org., I was directly taken to the "United for Peace & Justice" Anti/War web site.

At this site I read twenty-two pages of instructions for Anti/War Protests for "California" Christians of the Protestant, Orthodox and Anglican congregations.  Twenty-two pages of dates, locations and targets, (listing everything from Naval bases, Corporations) and ways to harass the President of the United States.

If asked directly to donate to the Anti/War movement my response would be a firm "NO"!  Therefore, I was astonished to find that I already make donations with my Tithing.

If the church chooses to finance groups that undermine our democratically elected President of the United States we must all ask ourselves just exactly what is going on in this great Nation?

However, not every Pastor necessarily needs to agree or does agree with the agenda of the NCC; the few I spoke with are down right disgusted.  Nevertheless, as long as the Mother Church is a member; pressure to conform to the NCC policies is passed down to her congregations, worse yet, a portion of our Tithes are passed to the National Council of Churches who finance the Anti/War protesters.

I am not asking anyone to leave his or her House of worship. I ask that Christians spend time on the NCC web site, it is your right and responsibility to know.  If you come to the conclusion that this is an outrage, please voice your opinion.  Speak with your Pastors and all Church leaders.  Never compromise who we are as followers of Christ, we must stand firm in our morals as we stand with Him.

God Bless

John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 08:18:56 PM »

Please read, this is true!  
What can we do?

Funding Anti/War Protesters with our Tithes? YES! ...

(zapped)

I am not asking anyone to leave his or her House of worship. I ask that Christians spend time on the NCC web site, it is your right and responsibility to know.  If you come to the conclusion that this is an outrage, please voice your opinion.  Speak with your Pastors and all Church leaders.  Never compromise who we are as followers of Christ, we must stand firm in our morals as we stand with Him. ...

John here:

[You say] that:  "I am not asking anyone to leave his or her house of worship."

The Master's Word says: "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her My people, that ye be not PARTAKERS of her sins, and that YE receive NOT OF HER PLAGUES." Rev. 18:4

Seems that 'your' message is a tad bit soft of the mature Faith of 'believing' ALL of the Word's of Christ.  Cry Cry
---John

God Bless

Serving Him

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 08:54:06 PM »

Thank you for speaking the correct Word.  It is so refreshing to hear from someone that doesn't have a political motive and is speaking for the good of all.   It amazes me that some Christians seam to think their right to worship in this great Country came FREE.   The people in Iraq now have the same freedom to worship that we have been so blessed with.

I would never ask anyone to leave his or her House of worship. But I feel strongly that people have the right to know where their Tithes are going.

God Bless You.
John the Baptist
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 09:46:37 PM »

Thank you for speaking the correct Word.  It is so refreshing to hear from someone that doesn't have a political motive and is speaking for the good of all.   It amazes me that some Christians seam to think their right to worship in this great Country came FREE.   The people in Iraq now have the same freedom to worship that we have been so blessed with.

I would never ask anyone to leave his or her House of worship. But I feel strongly that people have the right to know where their Tithes are going.

God Bless You.
Hi again, John here:
You did not mention the verse in your post? Does it not seem that there are many people supporting known 'false doctrinal' folds with God's tithe? (even 'known' perverted ministry) Surely the verse is that of Truth & leaves one in a fatal 'eternal' decision?

You say that you, "feel strongly that a person have the right to know where their tithes are going?" Huh True, but what then?

----John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the