Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:00:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Question Please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question Please  (Read 4803 times)
Precious2God
« on: January 20, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »

This was mentioned today in Church and I never heard this before so I am curious.

Are the mountains of Ararat and Mountains of Sinai the same place?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »

Mt Ararat in eastern Turkey, the Biblical landing place of Noah's ark. Mount Sinai is in in the Sinai peninsula, the peak where Moses received the Ten Commandments. Mt. Sinai is also known as Mt. Horeb.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »

There is actually quite a distance between them. The mountains of Ararat, or Urartu as they are also known, is a ridge of mountains that is located in Turkey. One of those mountains is also called Ararat. Mount Sinai is located in the southern end of the Sinai Peninsula.

There is a Bible software that you can get on the internet that is completely free that is called e-Sword that is produced by Rick Meyers. There are numerous versions of the Bible available for downloading and using in this Bible software as well as commentaries, dictionaries and maps. The maps are numerous. Some of these maps show the Middle East as it is today and many of them show it as it was during Biblical times. They make for a wonderful study aid to add to your Bible studies.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Precious2God
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »

Thank you so much for helping me.  One more question?  Do you think I should point this out to my Pastor or just leave this one alone?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »

It was probably an honest mistake on his part and one that most likely was not a major part of any point that he was trying to make.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Precious2God
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

This is true,  the message was absolutely toe stomping today.  He used Noah as an example of a godly man who found favor in God's eye.  Said this didn't mean Noah didn't sin but he repented of his sin.  The world at the time had other people who thought (maybe others who believed in God) its okay to sin a little bit without repentance.  He message was about repenting of our sins and rededicating our lives to God. 

I struggle so bad with worry, negative thoughs and sometimes jealously when I see families of our church get together and I'm left out.  ( lol I am married with four children hubby doesn't go) so its not always easy for me to just "hang" out lol. 

I want to show my family, friend and co-workers that I have Christ in my life and I want them to see a happier me, a more postive me.  and I dont' want them to see the worrying me or the side of me that gets her feelings hurt all the time.  Grrrrrrrrrrr I don't if I'm explaining this the right way.  Anyway this was my prayer for forgiveness and repented but I still struggled tonight with worry and things. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »

Worry, negative thoughts, paranoia, feeling left out ... all these and much more are normal human feelings. They are ones that we must learn to turn over to God. To let Him take care of. Frequently these feelings may actually cause others to avoid us and then this just adds to more of those same feelings.

We must put our trust in Him. Trusting that He will take care of us in all things, being concerned with what God says and not with what others say or do.

Precious2God
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 10:37:42 PM »

Thank you Pastor Roger for your help and encouraging words and answering ALL my questions lol.Thank you DreamWeaver for helping also.  I knew it didn't sound right but I wanted to make sure.  Thank you both[/b} 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the