Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Possible death in a C.U. members family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible death in a C.U. members family  (Read 6921 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »

Some of y'all may not know this member...... He goes by the name of Bronzesnake, or BRNZ for short he has been a member here for a while. Anyway, his dad has disappeared last Monday.

John dad is 83, and there has been a search for him the past 5 days. BRNZs dad is a World War Two veteran, his wife has already passed on.

John is asking for prayers for his family, that God eases their hearts, in this matter.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »

My prayers are with John and his family in this matter.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »

I will unite in prayer for Bronzesnakes dad.  I can't begin to imagine how difficult of a time he is having right now.  My prayers go up for him and his family.

God Bless and Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »

Brother John and his family have always been in my prayers, and this will always remain true. I appreciate the more specific information so that I will know better how to pray during this difficult time. May GOD give this family peace and comfort.  Amen

Love In Christ,
Tom

Precious2God
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:57:52 PM »

Will be praying for this family member and his family. 
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »

Hello my friends.
Thank you so very much for all your love and prayers.

I must apologise to Roger and Tom, I have lost my e-mail address book, and have not personally contacted you both.
I did go through Bob, who has been e-mailing me occasionally for years, otherwise I wouldn't have known his e-mail either.

Here's the situation...

I spoke with the police this morning and they have called the search off and are now moving into strictly investigative work following any new leads which may come in.

My feeling is that dad couldn't stand living without mom and I believe he went to be with her.
The search is/was the largest ever in our region, and the police have been wonderful. It is very obvious that these men and women truly do care and are not simply doing a "job"

There are two possibilities as far as we can think - dad may have went through a hole in the ice on Lake Simcoe, which we live on, or, he may have walked into the bush and laid down.
We live in a rural setting, our small town of Keswick is surrounded by many thousands of hectares of forest and brush.
We may have to live with never finding dad.
If he went into the water, we may have to wait until spring.

He snuck out of my sister Ivy's home where he was living sometime around 1:30am last Monday morning.
He left his wallet with money and bank card, his watch and some paperwork including his will on his dresser, so he had intentions before he walked out of that house. police say his bank accound has had no movement.

He was spotted at 2am that Monday morning, which is roughly half hour after he left the house, by police, but he told them he just lived up the street, and couldn't sleep and that he was just walking to clear his head.
That was at the end of the road where he lived and is right at the boat launch where there was open water at the shoreline.
That hole was checked by camera and saw nothing.
Three separate people reported spotting him at between 7:30am and 8:00am on that same Monday morning, and a thorough search of that area involving helicopters with heat seeking cameras, police on ATV's, and foot came up empty.

The search involved an airboat which scoured the Lake and checked many open holes with cameras as well.

I will keep you posted my dear friends.

John
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that, brother. My prayers are with you and your family throughout this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »

Brother John:

I am very saddened by your update. Please know that my prayers go out to you and your family.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:40 AM »

Hello Brother John,

Please know that you and your family will remain in my prayers. I will also be sending you an email so you will have my address. It should be the same one you've used in the past, but maybe not.

Love In Christ,
Tom

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »

Hello my friends.

Well Dad is still missing, and we may never find him, but we are learning to accept things as they are and trust Jesus has a plan.

We're getting back to our daily rutines as best we can.
I am in contact with the lead investigater on a weekly basis, but nothing new to report.

Thank you all again, very much for prayers and support.

John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »

Hello Brother John,

I can only say that it would be hard to imagine being in this position, and your entire family will remain in my prayers. Brother, you're already doing the Number One Thing - Trusting GOD.

Please do KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »

We will continue to pray for you and your family brother.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 09:47:16 AM »

Hello Brother John,

I can only say that it would be hard to imagine being in this position, and your entire family will remain in my prayers. Brother, you're already doing the Number One Thing - Trusting GOD.

Please do KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

I could not express my adequately gratitude for your concern and brotherly love Tom - yourself and everybody else here who has supported me in this tragic time. All I can say is thank you from the furthest ends of my heart. I will never forget.
Jesus is holding me up, and it is times such as this that we truly understand the power of the one, Awesome, Holy, and Almighty God of eternity.

God Bless you all.

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

Hi Bob.
I was just about to e-mail you my brother.
Dad's body washed ashore Sunday afternoon a short distance from our home.

John
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Missing man found in lake never got over wife's death, son says

Apr 22, 2008 11:24 AM

By: John Slykhuis, Staff Writer
Michael Chesterman served bravely aboard the British aircraft carrier, HMS Illustrious, during the Second World War that came under enemy fire more often than any other Royal Navy ship, but the highly-decorated veteran could not endure the death of his wife, Jean, last year.

Despondent over her passing and contemplating the loss of his independence, the proud, quiet man left all his possessions carefully lined up on his bedroom dresser and vanished into the windy night Jan. 14.

Last Sunday, a resident walking along Lake Drive found Mr. Chesterman’s body floating near the shore, just a stone’s throw from the home where he lived with his stepdaughter, Ivy.

The family had been prepared for the news, his son, John Chesterman, said.

“As soon as I got the call the day after he disappeared last January, I knew he’d gone into the lake,” he said. “A while ago, when my mom was really ill, we were prepared for her to die. He said to me in private, ‘You know if your mom passes away, I’m not going to stick around and be a burden to you kids’ and I said, ‘What are you talking about?’ He said, ‘No I won’t, I’ll just go for a swim’.”

The police came over to his home soon after his father’s body was found, Mr. Chesterman said.

“They said, ‘We think it’s your dad’ and they knew it was and I knew it was, but they had to wait for a positive ID. I was ready for it. I’ve been preparing myself for the past three-plus months. It’s still hard. He was my dad, but it’s a relief, too. I know where he is and it’s over.”

Mr. Chesterman had high praise for the York Regional Police who led an exhaustive search for the missing man.

“They have been just fantastic. They all genuinely cared.”

The familiar photograph, circulated by police, on posters and in media reports, had been taken after Jean’s death.

“You could see how unhappy he was by that photo(graph). It’s not like he was before at all. He was a really strong, vital man,” Mr. Chesterman said of his father.

He will remember his father for his quiet kindness and intelligence.

“He wasn’t an emotional man. He never ever cried or showed any kind of emotion. He never told us he loved us or anything until I was 28 or 29 when he did. But he never had to. We knew,”

Mr. Chesterman said. “The day before he disappeared, he walked to Sutton to Briar Hill Cemetery to visit my mom’s grave. He really missed her. The only time I saw my dad break, ever, wasn’t the day she passed away, it was when I took him to funeral home in Sutton and we walked through the door and he said to the funeral director ‘Hi I’m Mike Chesterman. I lost my wife’. And then he went quiet and slumped over. It was the first time I saw him as hurt. He was never the same after that.”

There were many things his father kept to himself, Mr. Chesterman said.

“He was a boxing champion in the navy, but he never told anybody, not even mom. She caught him throwing some stuff out one day and she said, ‘What are you throwing out?’ He said, ‘Never mind’. She went and looked and it was his boxing trophies and his war medals. We never knew about any of this stuff. He would never talk about his wartime experiences.”

Mr. Chesterman’s father was very intelligent and well-read, he said.

“I read in his log book he achieved the highest standards in the Royal Navy academically. He loved poetry, birds, flowers, he was a great gardener. I’ll really miss him.”

His mother and father were also devoted foster parents, helping dozens of children over the years which resulted in their being awarded the provincial Heart of Gold Award in 1988 by then-Advocate owner Harry Stemp.

Michael Duke Chesterman was born in Warwickshire, England in 1924.

He died sometime in the early morning hours of Jan. 14 at age 83.

Missing man found in lake never got over wife's death, son says

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the