Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Question for Pastor Roger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for Pastor Roger  (Read 2012 times)
Precious2God
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »

Pastor Roger,  how long have you been a Pastor?  Do you do any counseling?  I'm just curious.  Is this okay to ask?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »

I have no problem with the questions. I have been a pastor for the last 14 years after finishing a career in the Navy. I am currently retired due to several medical conditions. I still do what I can as the Lord leads. I do very little counselling except for some neighbors that I have assisted. That is mostly situations of parents with their children. I dislike counselling via the internet as it is not an ideal situation for any involved and most times leads to more problems than it solves.

If you are in need of counselling I suggest finding someone locally near you that you feel that you can trust as a face to face situation is much more effective.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Precious2God
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »

LOL,  Thanks, no I was asking for a friend who might join the group.  Honest.  My Pastor is a good counselor and has helped me tremendiously this past year. 
I'm glad you haven't given up the ministry alot of Pastorswould but I'm glad you are still working for God. 

Am I answering to many trivia questions.  I tried to let today's go without answering right away.  I don't want to take over or discourage others from answering the questions. 

See I told you I worry lol
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »

We would be glad to have your friend join us. Perhaps we can be of some help even if it is not in a professional counselling position.

Please feel free to answer all the trivia questions that you like. If need be I can always add more in each day so that others can have a chance also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Precious2God
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »

Thank you and others for being so nice.  I'm not use to this.  The other forums I was administrator of was so hard on me.   Cry Cry Cry  Praying God will heal the hurt real soon.  This board is different I don't see much judgement going on here and there is so much of it with the other boards.  Thank  you !!!!!!!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:43:19 PM »

Thank you and others for being so nice.  I'm not use to this.  The other forums I was administrator of was so hard on me.   Cry Cry Cry  Praying God will heal the hurt real soon.  This board is different I don't see much judgement going on here and there is so much of it with the other boards.  Thank  you !!!!!!!

Sister we try not to judge anyone, as thats not our job. That belongs to our Lord and Saviour.... Jesus Christ............ Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »

Amen. The judging done is as God has told us to, a righteous judgment not that of our own for only He is righteous.

Rest assured when trouble makers arrive we can deal accordingly with them. You have been far from being any trouble. In fact it has been a pleasure to have you with us.

Precious2God
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »

Cry :'(Thank you so much that means alot to me Cry  Cry

Well I'm going to lay down I have had a pretty bad headache all day and it has upset my tummy lol and you know when your sick your emotional lol lol

lol  My Pastor loves it when I get like this LOL  NOT  but he is patient lol
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »

Do get some rest sister and we'll yak with you later.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:11:35 AM »

Sister,

I may not have had a chance to welcome you to the boards since you joined. So I will do so hear. 

I have been real busy the past few weeks so my time here has been purely reactive....I am hoping that all slows down a little.

But welcome to the forums and I am sure you will enjoy it here.  You are right in that we do not judge, that is reserved for God.  And PR is still our pastor around here Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Precious2God, I look forward to reading more of your posts and having fellowship with you.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the