Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Transformation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformation  (Read 2234 times)
wc4Jc

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »

Transformation 2007-2008

The # 7 denotes “the completion of”.
The # 8 denotes “a new beginning”.

That being said, and taking a look at everything that is going on in our world today , I feel compelled to share this devotional with you.

I  believe that we are seeing more and more signs of the Return of our Lord and Savior.

In this first section, I want to focus on today December 31st, as it is “the completion of” the year of our Lord, 2007. I will be making 3 basic points as to how I feel we must handle ourselves in order to maintain our wait upon His coming.

I
<Romans 13:11-14>
11And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

In order to begin something new, we must make sure that what we have set out to do, will not be hindered by things left undone. How many of you resolved last year to do something and have not found the time to finish it? Thus in order for the new to be successful, we must learn to leave things behind. Especially those things that may hinder, what we need to do to carry on our lives following God. “The completion of” is necessary to “a new beginning”.

So what do we need to leave behind? Let go of?
1.Resentment (unforgivingness)
2.Worries (get out of the rocking chair, it can take you nowhere)
3.Failures (in order to succeed one must let go of previous failures) End with failure=start with failure=end with failure, oh what a vicious cycle.

< I Kings 8:33-34>
33 "When your people Israel have been defeated by an enemy because they have sinned against you, and when they turn back to you and confess your name, praying and making supplication to you in this temple, 34 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and bring them back to the land you gave to their fathers.

To God Be The Glory...Great Things He Hath Done
wc4Jc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »

Nothing worse than a Christian Gone Bad!

II

Grab a hold of the future! Seek what tomorrow brings!
Let us enter into the New Year...eyes wide open!

Hopefully, we have realized that we can not move forward while clinging to those things that will hinder us, into our “new beginning”
What should we hold onto? While seeking a closer walk with God and being able to qualify our selves capable of doing that which he desires us to do?

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING! Let it go, leave it behind!

We just finished a very special time of the year. The celebration of the coming of Jesus. His glorious birth. The beginning of the End, that ever so glorious time that we as Christians look so forward to..being called HOME to spend eternity with Him and those who have gone on before us.

Focus: “What is it that God wishes us to do?”
: How are we to comply?

We are to be FAT! Ok now, wait a minute before getting all worked up and getting your liver in a quiver. What is FAT? Is it what we consider ourselves, when we get on the scales, or maybe for the now generation, [PHAT] does it mean HIP! Cool! I don't believe so.

F.A.T. Is an acronym for....how we must be in acquiring a closer walk with God...
1.FAITHFUL
2.AVAILABLE
3.TEACHABLE

<Ecclesiastes 1:1-3>
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless." 3 What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun?
What is He saying? Maybe that what we hold dear to us of the world, is meaningless? Useless? Has NOTHING to do with getting us to Heaven. He is talking about “Worldly Things”.

wc4Jc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »

III

Our Walk.
<Matthew 6:35>
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

We should walk “Circumspectly”. As a cat walking along the top of a chain link fence, surrounded on either side by pit bulls.

Out of all of the necessary priorities, let's look at the top 3.

1.Worship (status quo will no longer be acceptable, we will find news ways to Worship.
<Mark 3:35>
35Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

2. Work (for A.UNITY & B. our COMMUNITY) everyone doing something.

<Hebrews 10:22,25>
22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

<Romans 6:12>
12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.

<I Corinthians 15:58>
58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

<Romans 12:11>
11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

1.Witness

<Matthew 28:19-20>
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

<I Peter 3:15>
15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

We must make a “COMMITMENT” Are you willing? Below please find 3 things that will assist in your walk....

1.Spend 15 minutes a day “Listening to God”
2.Spend 15 minutes a day “Talking to God”
3.Spend 15 minutes a day “Talking to God about Others”

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the