Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama's Church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama's Church  (Read 10067 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »

www.tucc.org/about.htm

I'm curious, because I got an email on this, what you all think.  I won't tell you what my email said until I get some opinions.  This is Obama's church's website.

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:20:17 AM »

I got this email over a week ago, so have had a chance to look it over.

Mission Statement: What Trinity Is About

Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

We are called out to be "a chosen people" that pays no attention to socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves and the have-nots; the economically disadvantaged, the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!

W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls to Christ.

http://www.tucc.org/mission.htm

Thats says a mouth full!! The only way someone can join this Church is to be of African descendent. I have no problems with those of African descendent, but the fact is we are all of Christ, not only the African descendent's. There is a racial problem from what I read, reverse discrimination..... Who would have thought??

As God has told us, love will grow cold....................... Cry

Matthew 24:12 And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity,

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 02:19:10 AM »

1 - Bluntly and Boldly this church claims allegiance to the homeland of Africa and none to America. The mission is bluntly labeled as for Black people, and it's obvious that it's SOLELY for Black people.

2 - Bluntly and Boldly this church web site is one of the most racist sites I've ever seen. I've never heard of a church publicly proclaiming such horribly RACIST views. They even openly mention militant and violent organizations that are also horribly RACIST!

3 - I've never seen such a large church web site with so little mention of GOD and JESUS CHRIST. RACE appears to be the god. They claim that the church has roots back to the homeland of Africa, but the details are sparse. From what I can find, the root church is the UCC, but each individual UCC church is different. Most generally, the UCC is a "oneness" cult. However, there is no statement of faith for this church web site to find out what they specifically believe and teach about GOD. ALL stated work and mission statements are RACE RELATED - NOT GOD RELATED! I think that one could read the site multiple times and only make one conclusion: IT'S A BLACK RACE MINISTRY WITH ALLEGIANCE TO AFRICA!

Brothers and Sisters, I'll simply say that I'm shocked to see something like this from a church. Race hatred is all I could see. If a white presidential candidate went to a like church, they would call his church the KKK and that person couldn't be elected to local dog catcher. In other words, white persons would not vote for this white person, and black persons obviously wouldn't vote for him. In fact, it would be ridiculous for a white person in like circumstances to even try something like this. I am NOT a RACIST, and I don't like people who are. Color is not an issue to consider when trying to determine who to vote for! Please look at this web site for yourself and pay NO attention at all to any of my opinions. Form your own opinion based on what the church publishes about itself. Remember this is their information they want KNOWN, not some second or third party from a biased source. I really think this web site is the most sad and pitiful thing I've ever seen! Look at it before they change it and make up your own mind! If politics works the way I think it does, this web site will be changed dramatically and pretty quickly. If not, it will end Obama's run for the presidency.

http://www.tucc.org/mission.htm

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 06:44:37 AM »

This web site has had this posted now for many years. It is really nothing new, only new to those that are just now being made aware of it. Yes, it is highly discriminatory and against the teachings of our Lord and Saviour which is love for all irregardless of race. This is clearly stated in the Bible when it tells us "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." The word "all" means just that ALL and all are our brothers and sisters in and through Christ. After all Christ was a Jew while here on earth and His arms are open to ALL that were not Jew as well as to the Jews.

btw - "reverse discrimination", this is a term that really gets to me. To be the reverse of something is to be in opposition of it and "reverse discrimination" as it is used today is far from being the opposite but rather it is the exact same thing. Discrimination is discrimination irregardless of the source and it is completely wrong and just as horrible. It is hatred and not the love that Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, has taught us to have for ALL.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
wc4Jc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Lord Help Us! if he makes it to the presidency!

To God Be The Glory...Great Things He Hath Done
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

I'm glad to see that you're all of the same opinion and conclusions that I have. 
Also what bothered me was the mention of African and Carribean religious roots knowing that many Muslims and Rastas reside there.
I think it would be a very sad day for America should either Obama or Clinton make it to the White House.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »

I'm glad to see that you're all of the same opinion and conclusions that I have. 
Also what bothered me was the mention of African and Carribean religious roots knowing that many Muslims and Rastas reside there.
I think it would be a very sad day for America should either Obama or Clinton make it to the White House.

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister, I agree and think that would be a nightmare! Regardless of who's elected, I think there are rough roads ahead. If we had a near perfect person elected for President, the rest of the system is already broken. I doubt very seriously that our government will be much better than a Three Stooges Episode until CHRIST takes the government on HIS Shoulders after HIS SECOND COMING. However, I don't hint that this relieves us of our responsibility to try. This is very sad and not meant as comedy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:2-7 NASB
The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them. You shall multiply the nation, You shall increase their gladness; They will be glad in Your presence As with the gladness of harvest, As men rejoice when they divide the spoil. For You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders, The rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian. For every boot of the booted warrior in the battle tumult, And cloak rolled in blood, will be for burning, fuel for the fire. For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »

I am not sure which Muslem leader said that they would take over the world without a shot being fired. If he is elected then I guess this would open the doors for that to happen. The people of the U.S. has already turned Seperation of Church and State to their advantage. Also they have completely twisted Freedom of speech.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

Sister, I agree and think that would be a nightmare! Regardless of who's elected, I think there are rough roads ahead. If we had a near perfect person elected for President, the rest of the system is already broken. I doubt very seriously that our government will be much better than a Three Stooges Episode until CHRIST takes the government on HIS Shoulders after HIS SECOND COMING. However, I don't hint that this relieves us of our responsibility to try. This is very sad and not meant as comedy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I totally agree with you.  I really have no hope what-so-ever for our country but I agree that it is our responsiblity to take care of our responsibilty to the best of our ablilty.

In Christ,
Yvette

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

www.tucc.org/about.htm

I'm curious, because I got an email on this, what you all think.  I won't tell you what my email said until I get some opinions.  This is Obama's church's website.

In Christ,
Grammyluv
We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.***

*** http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

I don't think this should be a credo for a president of the United States of America.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »

*** http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

I don't think this should be a credo for a president of the United States of America.

ollie

Hello Ollie,

It's great to hear from you. I honestly have a hard time understanding how anyone could get this far belonging to such a radically racist group. Even more amazing, nothing much has been said by other Democrats in the primaries. If he becomes the Democratic Party Candidate, this would have to become an issue, and we can be sure that his opponents in the Republican Party will NOT remain silent about something this BIG. Frankly, I can't understand why this hasn't already become a MONSTER ISSUE with people in his own party and people of his same race. Nobody is slick enough to explain something this big and bad away.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »

Obama's pastor disses Natalee Holloway
'White girl goes off and gives it up' in Aruba, preacher pal says

Sen. Barack Obama's longtime friend and spiritual adviser trashed the memory of a missing and presumed dead American teenage girl, according to church publications reviewed by WND.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

The circumstances involving the coed's disappearance remain unclear, and the case remains unsolved. Holloway left Mountain Brook, Ala., on a May 2005 senior class trip to Aruba.

Attempts to reach her family for comment were unsuccessful. But her mother, Beth Holloway, has written a book, "Loving Natalee," in which she reveals her daughter named Jesus Christ as one of the most influential people in her life in a trove of writings she found in her bedroom.

In the same 2005 church publication, Wright suggested "white America" had the 9/11 attacks coming, while calling for business "divestment from Israel," which he refers to as a "racist" state along with America.

"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01," he wrote on page 7. "White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared,' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns."

Obama says he is "proud" of Wright and values their 20-year friendship.

Though Wright has nurtured Obama's political career as a close adviser and mentor, the Democrat presidential hopeful says they don't agree on everything. Wright married Obama and baptized his daughters.

In the November/December 2007 issue of Trumpet, Wright sang the praises of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has described whites as "blue-eyed devils" and Jews as "bloodsuckers."

"He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest," Wright said. "Minister Farrakhan will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African-American religious experience."

Wright then held Farrakhan up as a pillar of "integrity."

"His integrity and honesty have secured him a place in history as one of the nation's most powerful critics," he continued. "His love for Africa and African-American people has made him an unforgettable force, a catalyst for change and a religious leader who is sincere about his faith and his purpose."

Farrakhan's photo is splashed across the cover of the church magazine, which gushes "the Minister truly epitomized greatness."

On Nov. 2, 2007, Wright presented Farrakhan with a "lifetime achievement" award during a Trumpet gala held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The tribute included a three-and-a-half minute video lionizing "the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan."

"For his commitment to truth, education and leadership, we honor Minister Louis Farrakhan with the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award," the video announces.

Last week, Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan, but did not distance himself from Wright or disavow his praise for Farrakhan.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

No matter what color you give it prejudice is prejudice and one that supports it in this manner does not belong in public office nor does the support of the most violent "religion" in the world.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »

Obama's pastor disses Natalee Holloway
'White girl goes off and gives it up' in Aruba, preacher pal says

Nice way for a "preacher" to talk.

Sen. Barack Obama's longtime friend and spiritual adviser trashed the memory of a missing and presumed dead American teenage girl

Most "long-time-friends" stay friends because they have thoughts and ideas in common.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

Yes, I think you are.  Darfur, Sudan, etc. aren't in America and that MIGHT be one reason that they aren't in OUR news.  This is just a guess, mind you.

In the same 2005 church publication, Wright suggested "white America" had the 9/11 attacks coming, while calling for business "divestment from Israel," which he refers to as a "racist" state along with America.

"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01," he wrote on page 7. "White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared,' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns."

If America and the Western world is too white for Wright, he'd like to take his treasonous talk and move EAST.

Obama says he is "proud" of Wright and values their 20-year friendship.

Maybe Mr. Obama would like to go with him?

In the November/December 2007 issue of Trumpet, Wright sang the praises of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has described whites as "blue-eyed devils" and Jews as "bloodsuckers."

"He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest," Wright said. "Minister Farrakhan will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African-American religious experience."

Wright then held Farrakhan up as a pillar of "integrity."

"His integrity and honesty have secured him a place in history as one of the nation's most powerful critics," he continued. "His love for Africa and African-American people has made him an unforgettable force, a catalyst for change and a religious leader who is sincere about his faith and his purpose."

Farrakhan's photo is splashed across the cover of the church magazine, which gushes "the Minister truly epitomized greatness."

On Nov. 2, 2007, Wright presented Farrakhan with a "lifetime achievement" award during a Trumpet gala held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The tribute included a three-and-a-half minute video lionizing "the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan."

"For his commitment to truth, education and leadership, we honor Minister Louis Farrakhan with the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award," the video announces.

I wonder how many Sunday Sermons have revolved around this topic?

Last week, Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan, but did not distance himself from Wright or disavow his praise for Farrakhan.

I really wouldn't have expected anything less.

Now you all didn't think I'd let THIS one go, did ya?  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19:39 AM »

Darfur, Sudan, etc. aren't in America and that MIGHT be one reason that they aren't in OUR news.  This is just a guess, mind you.

Actually the situation in those areas are in the news almost daily. This person just wants people to think else wise in order to spread his hatred.

I wonder how many Sunday Sermons have revolved around this topic?

Probably a very large number of them.

Now you all didn't think I'd let THIS one go, did ya?  Grin

Nope.   Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the