Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Complete in Christ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete in Christ  (Read 4737 times)
Beloved

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2008, 02:44:06 AM »

I'm not good at expressing myself in writing, so here we go....

Please note while I have no problem w/corresponding scriptures I'm not looking just for doctrine, but life application, deeper understanding of what it means to be 'complete' in Christ.   

God is to be our All in All, first and foremost, yet I struggle with that - I am just not feeling the completeness.   

I typically view this as I won't feel lonely or even 'truly' need another person in my life.   Also, that I am perfectly content with my life in Christ that I won't depend on any human. 

I'm just getting some thoughts out here to try to express - any feedback possible? Smiley

2Corinthians 4:7(KJV)

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:55:10 AM »

To be complete in Christ is to be made whole, to be healed spiritually, by and through Him. When we accept Christ as our Saviour He makes us whole, He heals us spiritually through His righteousness. This does not mean that we will no longer struggle with the temptations and frailties of this fleshy body but that we are now His and He will continue to do a righteous work in us. We now realize completely that we cannot and are not complete without Him. That we cannot stand righteously without Jesus Christ. It means that when we are tempted we realize our weaknesses and turn to Him for our strength.

This good work that He does within us will not be finished until such time that He comes to take us home and gives us a glorified body. Until such time we will not be truly complete but are a continued work through and in Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
wc4Jc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:03:41 AM »

To Me, Being Complete, is an ever knowing feeling of security, that can only be through God.

"Footprints"
says it all.
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."[/color]

How more complete could one ever desire? I have lost many things, many of which God took away, because I was not following Him the way I should. Things that we as humans see a necessity. Things that we think we can not do without. And for a long time, I fought and became angry. I kept struggling to hang on and regain that which was lost, until I finally realized that what I was doing was my desire, and not God's.

I finally turned back to God, stopped fighting, and He again showed me, that in order to be complete, all I had to do is ask. I could no longer leave my "Footprints", so now there is only one set, as He remolds my life. One step at a time.

Completion is a never ending assurance of His presence, and knowing that no matter what I do, He will never leave nor forsake me.

To God Be The Glory...Great Things He Hath Done
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »

AMEN AND AMEN!

Brothers and Sisters, I'm extremely happy that my faith and Hope is in JESUS CHRIST - not myself or other men. All men fail, but JESUS CHRIST never fails. When we are weak, CHRIST is Strong!

The only way that we can ever be complete is in CHRIST. Our only Righteousness is in CHRIST, and I give thanks that we are seen in and through CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:6-17 NASB
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the