Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  So, I am here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, I am here  (Read 1996 times)
Crazee

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »

That has been my general method of announcing myself online, so why not? I mean, sure you have no idea who I am. But why let that stop me?

There are a million jokes I planned to start with, but as you don't know me I'd rather not have people get the wrong idea of me when I go all "deadpan" humor. My humor is very strange, but hey...the Lord made me the way I am. My name is Josh, I'm a 22 year old man living in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. Right now, I am an aspiring author seeking to become an inspiring author. I'm putting together my first novel right now, and for the purposes of the story I have had to remind myself of a lot in my memory banks...and therefore unfortunately, I have to spend quite a bit of time with my own thoughts remembering certain details of my life(not always pleasant). And I have been deprived of new fellowship, which is ..not good due to the fact that most of my friends and family aren't saved. So, I need Christian companionship where I can find it. I've looked at a few sites and hope I can find one where I'm comfortable, and where I can learn and grow. Frankly, I have a lot to learn.

Jesus has done a lot for me since I was saved in 2004, and I can see the evidence in the way I type even now. To be honest, I was always a kid with good ideas that could never express himself. I know that God has unlocked my gifts orally and with written words because where once I never could find the words...today, I often can't STOP my words. I practically stumble over myself trying to make 30,000 points at one time haha. I have also seen His work in the way I view the world, my sense of right and wrong and how I see others has changed dramatically. I have found compassion for those that , to be frank, aren't very worthy of it at times. I find myself praying for people that, I am sad to say, I have hated at times. I don't really say this to talk about myself, I have done nothing positive. I generally see my status as "Anything good is God's will, anything bad is my will". So, I am grateful that God has done this. I bring this up because at many times I have doubted my salvation, I'd look at my life and say "Look? I still suffer from lust!" or "See? I still have trouble forgiving my ex, even while trying to reconcile with her". I think that was my biggest issue, thinking "I'm mad at her. Sure, she's shown no remorse and continues to slander me but shouldn't I let it go? Isn't that forgiveness?" . It's a hard lesson, and we never feel good enough. But thanfully, we don't have to be! We should be thankful for what faith we have and what He has done for us. But all of it is a miracle. Were I not a Christian, I have no idea what I would have done with my anger. Frankly, it scares me. I might not be here today...so, Praise God for that! Praise God that I do want to forgive. Praise God that I can pray for someone who even now is still in my heart and has caused me so much pain, I could never even care without the grace of God.

...I have probably already been a little odd, but I wanted to not just say Hello. I wanted to contribute something of my own, and let people know what Christ does for me. I'll probably post a testimonial tomorrow.

No, I'm not always this formal and using big words. See? I could have used "convoluted dialouge". I promise you, I just use the words I want to use. lol God bless.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:09:16 AM by Crazee » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:02:57 AM »

Hello Crazee,

WELCOME!

That's an unusual user name, but it's fine with me. I hope you enjoy Christians Unite. We have a bunch of sweet Christians here who enjoy fellowship together. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:13-17 NASB  When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »

Hi and welcome to Christians Unite forums.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »

Hello Crazee,

Welcome to the forum...

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »

To quote and old Waylon Jennings song.....I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Hello Crazee and welcome!  We have some "crazy" fun on here and there are a lot of fun and good people here.  Hope you enjoy it!

Grammyluv  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 05:11:26 AM »

Hello Crazee and welcome to Christians Unite forum. We do have a wonderful bunch of crazy folk here. Two of them posted above me. Wink But I'll let you guess who they are.............. Grin Grin Grin

Seriously though we do have a wonderful time Praising the Lord. We also have good clean Christian fun. Sometimes it involves pie throwing............. Grin Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »

Hello Crazee and welcome to Christians Unite forum. We do have a wonderful bunch of crazy folk here. Two of them posted above me. Wink But I'll let you guess who they are.............. Grin Grin Grin

Seriously though we do have a wonderful time Praising the Lord. We also have good clean Christian fun. Sometimes it involves pie throwing............. Grin Grin Grin

A wise guy uh?  Why I oughta.....

Let us fight the good fight!
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »

Welcome to the forums. I often say that being a little crazy keeps me from going insane. Grin

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »

Welcome to the forums. I often say that being a little crazy keeps me from going insane. Grin

WELCOME!!!

Being crazy helps keep me from going insane too.  Praise God, He had a great sense of humor when He created me.

There is something here for everyone.  Fellowship, fun loving people, and Godly posts.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Love in Christ, Eva   

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the