Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Should I question the lack of mention of pro-life issues at a friend's church?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I question the lack of mention of pro-life issues at a friend's church?  (Read 5169 times)
carlotta

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »

What would be the Biblical way to handle this? I often attend a friiend's church, a large and Bible-based one, but it bothers me that the preaching never, ever mentions abortion or euthanasia or the necessity of Christians to vote for pro-life poiticians. Should I ask the pastors, or just leave it alone?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:51:31 PM »

Hi carlotta,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums.

I notice that you said that you are just visiting this church as it is your friends church and not actually one you attend regularly. Perhaps these issues are covered on the times that you do not attend?

If I knew for a fact that they purposefully refused to address these subjects then I would have to say something about it then walk away and refuse to go to that church. That is what I personally would do and not necessarily what I suggest that you do. That is matter that you should take to God in prayer and then do as He leads you to do.

Many of our churches today are refusing to become involved in political affairs believing that politics are a matter of worldly affairs and they should be separate and not become involved. This is not what the Bible means when it says "be ye separate". We are to take a stand for Jesus and to teach His word to all that we can get to hear. For this reason I would have to disagree with such a church, to say that much to them and then to leave them if they refused to listen to God's word.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

Welcome to CU.

And I would have to agree with what Roger had to say about this.

you state you are visiting so who knows what is said when you are not visiting.  Also as a non-member of the church depending on your line of questioning could be taken completely the wrong way.  It would be one thing to approach it as if you were considering membership but noticed "this or that" and wanted to clarify the stance of the church on those topics.   But to just go up to the pastor and try and call him out on it, would be more disruptive to the church than helpful in any stretch of the imagination.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »

I have been attending this church with my friend  for a year and a half now, and I go every second week  (this was in order to encourage him to go, as his wife died  of cancer in the summer of 2006, and she asked me to make sure that he continued to go to church).  The teaching is definitely Bible-based, my problem is not with what I am hearing, only with what I am not hearing. I cannot understand the lack of mention of abortion, a terrible scourge here --the public schools are allowed to counsel girls over the age of 13 to have an abortion (and to arrange it for them) and if any school employee tells the girl's parents, they will be fired.  Also all abortions are free (paid by taxpayers' money, of course).
Perhaps I should bring some pro-life pamphlets and books and offer to donate them to the church?  If the church has a policy of not speaking out about abortion (maybe for fear of 'offending' women who have had an abortion--I often encounter that attitude), I would rather try to gently change that policy than to just leave. If they refuse to accept or display the pro-life material, then that would be a reason to leave, but of course would not help my friend at all.  You can see my dilemma!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 01:38:04 PM »

Yes, I can see the problem. Sister, I will be praying that the Lord guide you in the right way to go.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »

Thank you!  It's good to know that I have brothers and sisters on this site to pray for me.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

You can add my prayers to that list. 

Hard situation.  Not certain what I would do in that position either.  Except exactly what I will do for you...pray Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the