Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Image is Everything
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Image is Everything  (Read 1013 times)
write2witness

Be real.

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2003, 03:57:37 PM »

Below is a letter I just read in this mornings paper to Dear Abby. I was so amazed by this woman's ignorance and audacity that I had to post this here.

-------------------
DEAR ABBY: Please answer this quickly. There is no one else I can talk to. I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation. My late husband’s family treats me with respect and generosity. I was unhappy when “Henry” and I were married and I wanted to divorce him, but the man I was having an affair with at the time would not leave his wife for me. In spite of being devastated, I was also blessed because Henry died a short time later. I have been free now for 10 years. I love my freedom and the relationship I have with Henry’s family. But recently I have begun to wonder if I should confide in my brother-in-law, “Rick” (who is getting a divorce), that I was unhappy enough with his brother to have had affairs much of the time we were married. It might make Rick feel better about his own “mess” and possibly bring him closer to me. Should I open my heart to him? He thinks of me as a sister. -- UNSURE IN CHARLESTON, S.C.
-------------------

This is an excellent example of why people can't stand Christians. This woman starts off by doing the one thing that should be a BIG clue to anyone about her true motives: she openly boasts about herself as a Christian - "I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation."

Anytime you hear someone start off a sentence with a boasting speech about their great "Chrsitian credentials" you can rest assured they definitely have some deeper issues, which, of course, this woman certainly does. For right after her declaration of being a "devout Christian" she goes on to write about cheating on her husband and then being "blessed" because he died (as if God took him out of the picture so she could continue her cheating lifestyle).

Let this letter be an example to all out there. God doesn't want pretend or part-time believers - He's looking for the real deal. It's all about image with God - how we walk, talk, present ourselves to the rest of the world. How can we "walk as a light among men" when we behave just like everyone else?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 04:36:19 PM »

I think that lady represents the general thinking in mainstream Christianity.

And they don't realize it.

And their ministers won't tell them otherwise.  Yikes.  Yikes for the ministers.   Whew!

Thank you, Write.  Good point.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the