Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:33:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Yet ANOTHER Faked “Hate Crime”
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER Faked “Hate Crime”  (Read 1344 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »

Yet ANOTHER Faked “Hate Crime”

Baltimore Firehouse Noose Incident Was a Hoax

A firefighter who reportedly found a rope and a threatening note with a drawing of a noose in a Baltimore station house last month admitted to placing the items there himself, it was reported.

The Baltimore Sun reported Sunday that Donald Maynard, a firefighter and paramedic in-training, who is African American, confessed to police.

In a written statement Fire Chief William J. Goodwin Jr. said Maynard wanted to create a "perception that members within our department were acting in a discriminatory and unprofessional manner," the Sun reported.

The noose incident sparked outrage two weeks ago and lauched a federal hate crime probe.

On Nov. 21, Maynard and another fire department employee who is white, discovered a handwritten note that read, "We cant [sic] hang the cheaters but we can hang the failures. NO EMT-I, NO JOB."

A stick figure with a drawing of a noose and the word "Stop" was written below the message.

It is believed the note was referring allegations of cheating and a move to push emergency medical technicians to become certified as paramedics, the report said.

Maynard was among those that could be affected by the proposed changes. He was suspended and will likely face additional punishment, The Sun reported.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »

Fire Departments are facing this everywhere. Fire safety is preventing more and more fires and Fire Departments are forcing their members to become EMT certified so they can pertty much stay in business. Me personally I don't think you should force anyone into healthcare. If should be a desire and passion to want to be medically trained. But even the local departments here are feeling the strain and doing the same. I love being a Paramedic it is what the Lord called me to do but I do not want to be a fireman so I understand how they feel. This still does not justify what this idiot did. People always play the race card to try to get ahead. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:06:30 PM by MusicMedic5150 » Logged

God is greater than any problem I have!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

From my understanding he already was an EMT. The push was just to get certified.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:47:54 PM »

Yea I believe he was already an EMT. We have different ranks within EMS and the skills each rank can perform. With Paramedic being the highest certified. The letter that said "no EMT-I no job" was referring to him obtaining his Intermediate level. Here in NC that is the level where you can began to initiate IV's in the field and certian medications. Basically moving from a Basic Life Support Service to an Advanced Life Support Service. That term you hear all the time with BLS and ALS.  Grin Sorry to rant but I love my work. lol

God is greater than any problem I have!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »

Our fire dept here requires certified paramedics. I have a heart condition and if it weren't for the hand of God and certified paramedics I probably wouldn't be here.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the