Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:05:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  So You Don't Want To Be Religious? Terrific!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So You Don't Want To Be Religious? Terrific!  (Read 3486 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2003, 09:24:44 PM »

So You Don't Want To Be Religious? Terrific!

The following is for those:

1. Who have not considered Christ because they think any religion is on the nose.

2. Who (believing in God) say they are Christians but are not sure why.

3. Have tried man made religions and found them lacking.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:27:24 PM »

Congratulations!

If you fit any of the above categories, you are just the person God is waiting for.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 09:28:59 PM »

Religious Fanatics.

Most of us dislike religious fanatics. Some are found in the major sports stadiums around the world, or brawling in the streets nearby, while others, pumping their peculiar bent, can be seen at odds with anyone who does not agree with their point of view or was unfortunate enough to be born with different skin or nationality.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 09:30:18 PM »

Should Christians be this Bad?

Certainly there have been times when Christians(?) have sullied the name of Christ in ways too foul to mention, and possibly folk near you, calling themselves Christians or called so by some of the media, have likewise engaged in unchristian activities.

If you look and wonder about it please don't feel alone. How any person can think of taking the goods and lives of others, or act unpleasantly and name himself or be named after Christ the loving Son of God, is also a constant source of amazement to millions of genuine Christians world wide.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 09:31:53 PM »

Zeal results in good and bad.

Maybe it all comes down to zeal. We can be zealous for a thing, but zeal must not impinge on the life and liberties of others. Can we be zealous for a God of love so as to murder a man made in his image? Here zeal contravenes the very nature of God, as well as His explicit commands for today.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 09:33:19 PM »

Bible Bashers.

Many Christians want to share The Lord with their friends and acquaintances and in so doing step into the comfort zone, but it should never result in harm or loss. Those who really know Christ should exhibit compassion, love and friendship to others without ever offending. They are motivated by a lifelong commitment to The One who never harmed a soul.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 09:35:02 PM »

A Christian should never be a religious fanatic.

You will be happy to know that The Lord Jesus Christ does not demand a life of rigid religious adherence to rules and regulations. As a matter of fact, He does not demand we be zealous beyond responding to the love He has given us. And if you follow Him your life will be upwardly mobile in all the important ways.

The most important thing to remember when considering Christianity is that Christ came because He loved you and to die on your behalf.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 09:37:50 PM »

So what is a Christian?

One who has believed on Christ (Messiah) The Son of God, as their Saviour & Lord.

Note this does not include actions. How an individual behaves after believing in The Lord is not the means whereby they became a Christian. Believing or faith coupled with God's grace is the key. No-one is a Christian by being religious.
Are you beginning to see that Christianity is right for you?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 09:39:19 PM »

God's Free Gift.

If I offered eternal life for one million dollars ($1,000,000), the queue would wind around the world and the banks would offer incredible interest rates to all. But God offers eternal life for free, and the world ignores it because it does not want to face up to God, or the thought of being religious is too unpalatable or they reject Christ, the only way to God.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 09:41:05 PM »

So what makes you a Christian?

Take the following simple steps made without moving a muscle. We have already seen that believing is the key, so here are some wonderful facts to believe.

1. God loves you.

He has proved it by sending His Son to pay the penalty of sin on your behalf. Remember, He made you in the first place, you are His creation.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that,while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom. 5:8.
BELIEVE IT. God loves you just as you are, no conditions.

2. We can approach Him freely.

Now when Christ died, the enmity between God & us was abolished. The penalty for sin & sins was met and God was satisfied.

".....God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;" 2Cor. 5:19.

Can you see that our sin has been dealt with and we have free access to God. He is waiting for us to come to Him.
"And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom." Mark 15:38.

Only one man could enter the inner part of Israel's temple before Christ died, but when He died, the veil was torn from the top to the bottom, signalling that, through Christ alone, we have free access to God. We do not need priests or denominational codes of conduct. We can each approach God on our own and wherever we are.

3. Acknowledge your sin.
Don't try and list your sins. Just admit you are a sinner like everyone else in the world.
There was a man in Christ's day who had the strength to admit as much:
"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner." Luke 18:13.
King David said:
"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." Psalm.51:3.
The Bible is very clear, we have all sinned.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom.3:23.
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" Rom.5:12.

We all die because of sin, but Christ reversed it all on the cross.

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness
...for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."
John 12:46-47.

".Christ died "FOR" our sins according to the scriptures;" 1Cor.15:3.

Becoming a Christian is not listing the wicked deeds we or others have committed, but recognising our own weakness and inability to save ourselves.

Now if I asked you were you a little angel you would smile and say, "hardly". It is just as easy to face God who loves you and say, "Yes Lord, I am guilty".

Each of us needs to confess to God we are sinners, it is agreeing with Him. Now He declared that death was the penalty for sin, yet because He loved you so much He came as the Son and paid the penalty on your behalf.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13.

God has proved He loves you hasn't He? Our sins have been dealt with, have no fear about approaching God our loving Heavenly Father. Those who believe in Him look to the day when He provides His promised gift of eternal life:
"Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." John 14:19.

Confess you are a sinner, and say I'm sorry to God.
WHY NOT DO IT NOW!

4. Believe and Rejoice.

When Christ died on the cross, He died for you.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:16-17.

Tremendous isn't it that God sent His Son, and His Son willingly came. Our eternal life depends on God's actions, not ours. All our Heavenly Father wants us to do is believe.

There was another man in the New Testament times who thought he could do something to save Himself, but he was told that believing was the only way.
"And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep,....called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, ...." Acts 16:27-31.

Believing is the key.

Faith is not the exclusive prerogative of religious people. We are not saved by following any religion, we are saved by faith in the faithful Christ. You have faith that the dentist can fix that sore tooth, that the doctor can recommend a course of medicine to combat the pain. All our Heavenly Father asks is that we have faith in His Son Christ Jesus.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians.2:8

The trouble with us is that we are so resourceful, we find it difficult to believe that we can have no part in our own salvation, and so we become religious hoping to please God, but this is doomed to failure.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 09:42:31 PM »

Forget man made religions, Christ is the only way.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6.
You can believe on Christ right now at your computer terminal.
Why not begin to enjoy the fact that you have God's free gift of eternal life. Nothing to join, nothing to pay, Christ paid the price for you.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2003, 09:44:04 PM »

Come On! Say this prayer right now!

Dear Heavenly Father.
Thank you for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die for me and through Him provide me free access into your presence.
I am sorry for the wrong things I do.
Thank you for your gift of eternal life.
Please help me to be the kind of person you want me to be.
In Christ's name I pray.

Amen.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2003, 09:47:55 PM »

Send a Instant Message to me!

You will need to tell someone of your faith in Christ. Instant Message me if you like, I can send you some material to help you grow in your new walk with The Lord. But before I go here is one more verse to encourage you.

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1John 5:12.

God really loves you doesn't He!

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2003, 09:53:31 PM »

Please Remember Actions have never made anyone a Christian.

This is the great chasm of difference between Christ's way and the myriad of man made religions. Do this, do that and you will make it to heaven or where-ever. Don't do this and that and you might get a better place than the next one, and so zeal for gain spills out in wrong actions.
The apostle Paul wrote of some in his time:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge." Rom. 10:2.

So in those examples above, if the perpetrators of unsavoury acts were Christians, they were definitely not acting according to the guidelines found in the Bible.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 05:27:17 PM »

Reminder...

A Christian should never be a religious fanatic.

You will be happy to know that The Lord Jesus Christ does not demand a life of rigid religious adherence to rules and regulations. As a matter of fact, He does not demand we be zealous beyond responding to the love He has given us. And if you follow Him your life will be upwardly mobile in all the important ways.

The most important thing to remember when considering Christianity is that Christ came because He loved you and to die on your behalf.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the