Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Outlawed Christians: The danger of TOC's and Hate Crime bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outlawed Christians: The danger of TOC's and Hate Crime bills  (Read 939 times)
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »

Hi, i am one that tries to read thru the EULA's (End Users License Agreement) that comes with software, and and TOC's (Terms of Service), or TOU (Terms of Use), that Forums require, and find therein a real potential danger for believers. While most of the terms are valid and just (no commercial resale, etc. no slander, etc.), within  the idealogical area are terms that are so broad, or so ambiguous and left up for interpretation that they can easily be used to  outlaw Christians from expressing valid Biblical positions or even using software in accordance with their faith.

Fr example, i like to post answers to theological type questions on Yahoo Answers (in accordance with 2Cor. 2:14), and part of their TOC requires that posters agree not to:

A. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening,..."  or is "otherwise objectionable;"

B. harm minors in any way;

K. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law,

Our own forum forbids the posting of an content that is "in violation of ANY law," as do most Christian sites.

Now suppose a State or country passes "hate crime" legislation that forbids  making available to the public anything that is offensive to those who favor homosexuality, or that warning souls of Hell is unlawfully "threatening" - as many militant atheists see it - or even that the teaching of Creationism or religion itself is harmful to minors.  If i am not mistaken i believe Ted Kennedy's hate crime bill a couple years back would outlaw activity that might recruit minors into any organization that fosters anti-homosexual views (usually otherwise know as evang. churches).  It is also quite possible that posting Biblical views that put down other religions in the way Jesus did in Mt. 25, and Jn. 14:6 can be deemed a violation of the laws in the UK (a station came close to losing their license to broadcast Charles Stanley and Michael Usef over their). 

Though less likely presently, the ambiguity of some restrictions could allow an entire company as MS or Google to deem that Biblical views that offend political correctness fall into the "otherwise objectionable" category.  Indeed, Google Sync requires that you agree not to use it to "upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate,...or unlawful Content."  An MS site prohibits the posting, etc.  of any inappropriate name. Keep in mind that California (which governs Yahoo) just passed into law a law outlawing the term "Mother and Father" within the public school system as it was "gender specific" and offended those who favor Sodomy. 

Some software EULA's have not waited for laws that implement their rebellion against God.  Kodak Easy Share Software requires you to agree not "to store, print or transmit any pictures, text or other material that is unlawful,  ... or that fosters hatred of any.. religion, ... or sexuality."

Another one i would like to use (i do not use any of the software with such restrictions) is one called Linux reader, which states, 

"You may use this SOFTWARE in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, use, display or
distribution of this SOFTWARE together with material that is ... promoting hatred, discriminating or displaying prejudice based on religion,... sexual orientation .. is strictly prohibited.

That certainly eliminates my web site (peacebyjesus.com).  Again, while faithful  Christians are certainly not seeking to foster hatred of persons, but just the opposite,  hatred of sin, while we seek to save those in it, is deliberately misconstrued in today's post Christian society as fostering hatred, while Christians are (legally slandered) as racist hate mongers (Katie Couric even implicated Jame Dobson in the murder of Matthew Sheppard).

I hope and must pray that we can legally maintain our freedom of speech as long as needed, and that real Christians,   by the Holy Spirit will use what mediums there are to share it  - while we still can.  And that Christian site will not make is lawbreakers by just copying the typical universal TOC's that forbid such things as "violative of any law" - unless it is governed by God's law.   

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:57:58 PM by daniel1212av » Logged

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »

This is true. But i hope some administrators consider (and comment on) the future ramifications of requiring submission to every law of man in order to post on CUF. 

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the