Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dutch Lawmaker Planning Film Criticizing the Koran
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dutch Lawmaker Planning Film Criticizing the Koran  (Read 7655 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »

Dutch Lawmaker Planning Film Criticizing the Koran

Thursday , November 29, 2007

THE HAGUE, Netherlands:  —
A Dutch conservative lawmaker said Wednesday he is making a film to highlight what he describes as "fascist" passages in the Koran, his latest high profile criticism of Islam.

The interior and justice ministers said they were concerned, but believed they had no authority to prevent the lawmaker, Geert Wilders, from screening his film.

Wilders plans to depict parts of the Koran he says are used as inspiration "by bad people to do bad things."

Less than 10 minutes long, the film is expected to air in late January. It will show "the intolerant and fascist character of the Koran," said Wilders, whose anti-Islam campaign helped his Freedom Party win nine seats in parliament in last year's election.

In the past, Wilders has said that half the Koran should be torn up and compared it with Adolf Hitler's book "Mein Kampf." He has claimed the Netherlands is being swamped by a "tsunami" of Islamic immigrants.

Immigrants from Muslim countries number about 1 million of the country's 16 million people.

Wilders' planned broadcast is reminiscent of the film "Submission" — a fictional study of abused Muslim women with scenes of near-naked women with Koranic texts engraved on their flesh.

"Submission" director Theo van Gogh was shot and had his throat slit by a Muslim extremist on an Amsterdam street in 2004. Prominent Muslim critic Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who wrote the screenplay, was threatened in a note left on Van Gogh's body. She now lives under round-the-clock protection in the United States.

Justice Ministry spokesman Wim van der Weegen said the government is "taking measures" before the broadcast of Wilders' film. He declined to elaborate.

"Based on the discussion, the ministers have expressed concern," Van der Weegen said. "But at the same time (they) have said that Mr. Wilders has freedom of expression."

Wilders said he is not afraid of reprisals if his film angers Muslims. "I have lived with 24-hour protection for three years," he said.

"I will make the film and see what reaction it creates."

Dutch Muslim leaders did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Dutch Lawmaker Planning Film Criticizing the Koran

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:15:17 PM »

Cabinet warns Wilders on anti-Koran film

Wednesday 28 November 2007

The cabinet is concerned about a ‘provocative’ film about the Koran by anti-immigration party PVV leader Geert Wilders which he expects to be shown on tv at the end of January.

The justice, foreign and home affairs ministers, who are worried about a backlash from Islamic countries, have warned Wilders about the risks of screening such a film.

Justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin stressed that while Wilders is free to express his views about the Koran, he also has a responsibility towards society in general. ‘Think about the what the repercussions could be,’ he said.

If the film is hard-hitting, it could evoke hard-hitting reactions against himself and others,’ says the minister. Those who want a free debate must show respect for all religions and for things that are sacrosanct for others, he said.

Wilders says it is not the aim of his film to insult people but if they are insulted, that is ‘a pity but not my problem’. He says he wants Muslims to realise that the Koran is a ‘terrible and fascist’ book which inspires people to commit ‘terrible’ deeds.

He repeated his belief that the Koran, like Hitler’s Mein Kampf, should be banned in the Netherlands.

Abdelmajid Khairoun, chairman of the Dutch umbrella organisation of Muslim organisations, said Wilders’ film would damage not only Muslims but the Netherlands in general. In addition it could lead to a boycott of Dutch products similar to the anti-Danish reaction which followed the controversy about cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed two years ago.

Cabinet warns Wilders on anti-Koran film
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only way for evil to thrive is for good people to do nothing. The truth needs to be told.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »

Ok, here is the film that gets shown on the side of our houses like Brother Jerry said to do.   Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:52:03 PM »

Ok, here is the film that gets shown on the side of our houses like Brother Jerry said to do.   Grin Grin Grin

AMEN!!

carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:30:49 PM »

Wow, I hope that Mr. Wilders and his family have an army of security around them.

I think we should all pray for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, now living in the U.S.  She rejected the Islam which caused her so much suffering, but unfortunately became an atheist, instead of looking for the true faith.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the