Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will the Body of Christ Go Through the Tribulation? [MUST READ]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the Body of Christ Go Through the Tribulation? [MUST READ]  (Read 90202 times)
david749

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

Thanks Tom for the input.  Yes....we can all disagree on these secondary issues........that is no problem with me. 

I am only trying to make a simple point as the other poster mentioned that I was trying to make God a liar. 

I know that God will catch us up prior to unleashing His wrath.

Here is the point that I was trying to make.  We know that the final 7 years is referred to as Daniel's 70th week.

Therefore............why did humans some time ago also need a second expression to define it???

i.e. "The Tribulation Period"

As this is not in Scripture, it is an addition to Scripture. 

If some other expression were chosen........such as "Daniel's Period"..........you might have fewer misinterpretations when reading about end time events.

However, by choosing an expression with the word "Tribulation" in it.........."Tribulation Period".........and defining it as the final seven years.............and then also saying that "The Great Tribulation" is the final 3.5 years...........you will run into problems with you come across Scripture that contain the word:  tribulation....or great tribulation. 

God just put the word tribulation in the His Word to signify a time of great trouble.........that's it.

However, with the human addition of "tribulation period" added to our thinking.........many people will assign 3.5 or 7.0 years to the verse...........and this can result in error. 

For example, beginning in Mt 24:15 we have the abomination seen standing in the holy place.  A time a severe persecution is about to begin.  We then proceed down to verse 21 and 22:

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.  And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved;  but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened." 

Some people might get confused with this verse........because they assign the final 3.5 years to it........as they have seen the words:    great tribulation.

However, 3.5 years should NOT be assigned to it...........because "The Great Tribulation" is a human invention.

Without the human imposition, it is easy to see how God can shorten those days.  It is not a fixed 3.5 year period.

It is just a time of great difficulty.........and for the sake of the elect............God will at some point in time end it.

Moving to verse 29............"Immediately after the tribulation of those days.............."

Here again.........it is an error to place the section that follows this verse at the very end of Daniel's 70th week. 

Verse 29 is just referring to the point in time just after the persecution has been ended by God.  There is no way to tell exactly when that will be.

Error:    "Immediately after the human-inspired "Seven Year Tribulation Period" of those days............

It was probably justified because it is easier to say   "Pre-Trib" than "Pre-Daniel's 70th week".........however it can result in errors when reading Scriptures that contain the words tribulation or great tribulation.

It is a subtle error........but Satan is the master of half-truths......and has always been interested in dividing and confusing the Body of Christ.   This will be put to an end when Christ returns.    Praise God. 

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »

I think you make some good and solid points Brother Bob.  The only one that I disagree with is:

Daniel indicates that he will be a sexual pervert, most likely a homosexual. As Daniel puts it, the Antichrist will show no regard "for the desire of women" (Daniel 11:37).

While he may be a pervert, because evil is evil, I do not believe this means that he is homosexual but that it means that he has no regard for women.   As in Islam, where women are less than second class.  Islam also goes by a different calendar, does not believe in Jesus as the son of God or in the trinity.  Islam is waiting right now for the Mahdi, who I believe will be the antichrist.  The bible as talks of beheadings, which is a favorite of Islam.  I also don't believe that the antichrist, who is a man and his system, will take over the whole earth.  He will however take over the "world" as it relates to Bible lands.  Remember that Israel and Jerusalem are the center of the earth concerning God and the Bilble.  There will be countries that will fight even to the end and with Christ against the antichrist and his system.  I'm hoping that we are one of those.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »

(Computer started jumping on me before I was finished)

The antichrist will try to change the times and the laws.  I've already mentioned that Islam goes by a different calendar.  Islam also wants to change the laws.  Sharia Law.

I don't believe that antichrist will come out of a revived Roman Empire but from a revived Ottoman Empire (Islam) and out of Turkey.  The "wounded head", the Caliph, who is the supreme leader of Islam was taken out in 1924 after 4 centuries of rule and Islam was all but forgotten.  Now Islam has made a dramatic comeback and is waiting for another Caliph, the Mahdi, to arise and lead them to victory over the world but especially over Jews and Christains.

Two excellent books that lay this all out and explain it plain as day are: The Islamic Antichrist by Joel Richardson and God's War on Terror by Walid Shoebat.  These are "Must Read" books for everyone in these end times and especially for Christians.  We have seen Islam take over the Middle East, most of Africa and Europe and has made a big play for the U.S., Canada and Australia.  That's an understatement.
The Mahdi in Islam, fits our antichrist like a glove.  And their antichrist, our Jesus, son of our glorious God, fits like a glove.  I encourage you all to read these books.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »

(darn computer)

You can these books at the library, but also you can watch these two on YouTube.  Also Perry Stone has some excellent videos on there.
There also two good videos that you may still be able to get a hold of from Netflix:  One is, "Obsession" and I forget the other one, but I'll tell you when I get it back from my mom.

Food for thought folks, but I can't encourage you enough to check this out on your own.

Blessings,
Hisdaughter

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

Finally and lastly - on my part - what one views as truth or error on the Tribulation Period is a matter of opinion, including the nit-picking on terms. The 7 year period prior to the Second Coming of Christ is called the Tribulation Period, and it will be a time of horror, chaos, and bloodshed like the world has never known. The last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period will be worse than the first 3 1/2 years. The last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period is also known as "the time of Jacob's Trouble". The Tribulation Period is also Daniel's 70th week - a week of years - 7 years. It isn't a matter of opinion that the Tribulation Period will take place or not - this is a Bible Fact that it will take place at God's Appointed Time. I personally believe that time for the ushering in of the Tribulation Period is drawing near.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »

It isn't a matter of opinion that the Tribulation Period will take place or not - this is a Bible Fact that it will take place at God's Appointed Time. I personally believe that time for the ushering in of the Tribulation Period is drawing near.

I'm expecting it any minute!  Maybe I won't even make my bed today!

benny balerio

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »

The Bride will not enter Daniels 70th week.
So who was it that was restraining evil prior to the Day of Pentecost?...the answer is that it was the Holy Spirit who is omnipresent.
So!......If the Holy Spirit is omnipresent,..then why did the Lord send the Comforter?...is not the Comforter the Holy Spirit? How can you send someone who is already omnipresent?
The reason the Lord sent the Comforter was that He would indwell believers.
The Holy Spirit will not indwell a man unless he sincerely asks and Believes Jesus as his Lord and Savior.
The Holy Spirit will "only" seal a "true" believer with the promise of redemption.(God does not break promises)
And the result of being sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise is..."SAVED BY GRACE"

But those who enter Daniels 70th week and come to Jesus During those days,...Their salvation is conditional,...they must endure unto the end, and the same shall be saved.These are saved by faith that must be evidenced by their works of faith,...meaning that these were not saved by grace,...that these were not sealed of the Holy Spirit of promise when they first believed.
The reason why is because the Comforter no longer functions the same way as He did during the Church age,..Fore He was taken out of the way,..and since it is that the Holy spirit Indwells believers in the Church age,...then they too were caught up!(Taken out of the way)
The Holy Spirit did not indwell believers prior to the Day of Pentecost,..and as we can see,..the Holy Spirit will not be indwelling those who are left behind when the Rapture occurs.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »

Hello Benny Balerio,

First, I see that you're new, so WELCOME!

Second, I say Amen to your post and agree with you completely. I have loved the study of Bible Prophecy for years, mainly because it takes you all over the Bible and deals with God's Promises. I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »

If you could only sit with Christ for but a minute or two and listen...

But you can not. As I read and am aware of the Truth I see fish out of water. Flying, flapping and afraid - they are not even sure what is wrong. But think not that I come to belittle - no! I praise these for their attempt and proclamation as they try hard to find the Facts and suppress the fiction. I giggled slightly as one discusses the beast (anti-Christ) and within each post curses the computer. For the beast described to control all buying and selling is indeed the Computer and the Internet. 3 6's as a name is WWW and with a card as the mark in thy palm you try and remember your password hidden within thy forehead. And to speak of the Comforter in past tense is flawed as he is promised right before the 2nd coming (3rd actually - later discuss) and has been with man always. Tribulation - referred to as man made when it is referenced and repeated within Scripture? It is simple...

Lest ye come as a child: Open, innocent and seeking the simple truth. Ye shall not find it.

Love, Hugs and a Spoonful of Spirit. 

Sometimes the Truth is right under your nose and you can not see it for visions of fear and grandeur.

The day you feel you have spent too much time and put in too much work on your own version of the Truth that you can not throw it out and start over is the day your journey ends. Seek and ye shall find. Create and you will be fooled...

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »

If you could only sit with Christ for but a minute or two and listen...

But you can not.

I don't find this hard to do at all.

As I read and am aware of the Truth I see fish out of water. Flying, flapping and afraid - they are not even sure what is wrong. But think not that I come to belittle - no! I praise these for their attempt and proclamation as they try hard to find the Facts and suppress the fiction. I giggled slightly as one discusses the beast (anti-Christ) and within each post curses the computer. For the beast described to control all buying and selling is indeed the Computer and the Internet. 3 6's as a name is WWW and with a card as the mark in thy palm you try and remember your password hidden within thy forehead.

I have found that those that think they are aware of the Truth are not necessarily aware of the full Truth. I find it interesting that you say that you do not come to belittle and then immediately laugh at others for their thoughts on this subject.

Scripture specifically tells us that The Beast is a man, an individual not a thing made by men so I must disagree with you totally on your assumption. There are many theories associated with the Beast and the number 666 but that is what they are ... theories not fact. One that sounds very realistic and is more fitting to scripture is the Greek characters for 666 is also the Arabic characters for Allah and muslims, so far, use a system to put characters on the hand or forehead of those they have in subjugation (non-muslims) in order for them to buy and sell.

The day you feel you have spent too much time and put in too much work on your own version of the Truth that you can not throw it out and start over is the day your journey ends. Seek and ye shall find. Create and you will be fooled...
/

Exactly. When the time comes that the beast will be revealed, which I do not think he has been revealed to any as of yet, I do think that many of us will be surprised at how they have been fooled.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the