Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will the Body of Christ Go Through the Tribulation? [MUST READ]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the Body of Christ Go Through the Tribulation? [MUST READ]  (Read 90209 times)
GunShowOnTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »

Hello GunShowOnTheNet,

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the Bible Quote, so I'll just say that we need to use caution in not mixing Israel with the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

"Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

- Matthew 24:3

There is no seperate body in the eyes of the Lord:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

- Galatians 3:28
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:12:33 PM by GunShowOnTheNet » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »

This is true, however there is much to be kept in mind that there is a difference between under the law and under grace. We must be careful in understanding which portion of scriptures is speaking of which. Also there needs to be an understanding of the promises made to the Jews and those made to non-Jews.

The portions of scriptures that you are speaking of in regards to being no difference between Jew or Greek is speaking of the gift of Salvation, the law of grace ... not the promises given to Israel as a nation.

It appears that you may be speaking of a mid or post tribulation rapture and that is okay, too. It is not a subject that should divide Christians. We can all agree that there is indeed going to be a rapture. When that rapture will take place is not of great importance. Whether it is before, in the middle or after, God's promises to those that accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour remain the same and will be kept for God does not lie.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

There are many highly detailed threads on this subject that are great for Bible Studies. Please allow me to make a contrast that should help everyone who wants to study this issue.

1 - Those who have accepted JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR are members of an eternal CHURCH not made with human hands - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. "IN CHRIST" is an accurate term for Eternity. HERE is where there is no difference between the Jew, Gentile, Greek, slave, free, etc., etc. etc. However, this is NOT Israel. ONLY the Jews who have JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR are IN THE BODY OF CHRIST - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. GOD has made many specific Promises that ONLY pertain to THE BODY OF CHRIST. We've already been rescued from the curse of sin and death, and we already have our KING. In fact, we are already Children of the KING OF KINGS. Our Kingdom is Heavenly, and our KING is already on the THRONE.

2 - GOD is not through in dealing with the LOST Nation of Israel. Israel is still waiting for her MESSIAH and KING, and Israel is still waiting for a Promised earthly kingdom. Israel was set aside for rejecting JESUS CHRIST, but this doesn't mean that GOD won't still fulfill the Promises made to Israel. JESUS CHRIST is the rightful and anointed KING of Israel, and HE will take HIS Throne after HIS SECOND COMING. Israel will be restored, and CHRIST will rule and reign over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem. Israel will have the promised earthly Kingdom, and CHRIST will rule from HIS Rightful Throne. Israel is not THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and Israel is still waiting for rescue from the curse of sin and death.

I hope this little brief helps those who want to go to their Bibles and do a detailed study. The distinction between Israel and THE CHURCH must be understood before many important issues of the Bible can be understood.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:58:51 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »

Everyday is a gift from God who gives us the opportunity to witness to a dying world that there is hope.  It really does not matter the tribulation for we have hope of life eternal.  Our Father waits for us that we will be reunited in heaven because of the blood of His Son Jesus.  Christians need not argue but look up to the One who has done it all that we can live life abundantly and victoriously until we reach our final home.
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »

The righteous and all who believe shall endue the times of trouble together. One unto glory and one unto gnashing of teeth.

The short answer is yes!

The Path Which is Truth is being prepared:

http://www.ubgone82

Truth is stranger to fiction...

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »

The righteous and all who believe shall endue the times of trouble together. One unto glory and one unto gnashing of teeth.

The short answer is yes!

The Path Which is Truth is being prepared:

http://www.ubgone82

Truth is stranger to fiction...

This is a matter of opinion, and we can agree to disagree. Ref. the Truth, the truth has already been given in God's Word. I doubt you're saying that you're the only holder of Truth. At least I would hope not, but your post makes it appear that you're preparing the path for Truth. We are both just men with different interpretations of the Truth that God has already given.

walkwiththeLord

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:08 AM »

Yes we will.  Christ & His Apostles taught of One gathering of people, after the tribulation, before Armegeddon.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »

Yes we will.  Christ & His Apostles taught of One gathering of people, after the tribulation, before Armegeddon.

And you back that up with what?  Is this your opinion?  We are of course all entitled to our opinion and no one knows the day or the hour.

Let us fight the good fight!
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Gen 5:24  And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. Heb 11:5  By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Enoch is a picture of the church. Enoch didn't go through the flood, but was taken up by God before it happened. The church also will be raptured before the tribulation. This is reinforced by: 2Th 2:7  For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8  And then shall be revealed the lawless one,

The antichrist won't be revealed until the one who restrains or hinders (the Holy Spirit) is taken away. The Holy Spirit dwells within believers (the church). When the church is removed, there will be no restraint at all on evil and the tribulation will begin.

Gen 7:15  And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. Heb 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Israel, like Noah, will go through the Tribulation. But a remnant will be saved: Rev 12:13  And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14  And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. Rev 12:6  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that there they may nourish her a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
duval

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:05 AM »

My understanding is that the spirit of anti-Christ is already here and has been and that it is not any one person.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »

My understanding is that the spirit of anti-Christ is already here and has been and that it is not any one person.

Christ was one person - the anti-christ will also be, as he is a false Christ.

Rev 13:18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Six is the number of man - always just short of perfection (7). The triple 6 is man as god, the false trinity. The anti-christ will claim to be the messiah, God incarnate. Six is the number of a man, so the anti-christ will be a man, not a "spirit".

As Jesus said that even the angels don't know the time of His return, Satan as a fallen angel doesn't either. Therefore he always has to have an anti-christ waiting. So the anti-christ is always alive on the earth at any time, but not always the same person.

I suspect you are basing your argument on the following verses: 1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.   2Jn 1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. But you have to distinguish between "an antichrist" and "the antichrist". There is a spirit of antichrist - it is manifested in anyone who denies the real Christ was God come in the flesh. There are a lot of "antichrists" around today in the sense they deny Christ was God, His resurrection, or even that He really existed. They are anti-christs in the sense that they oppose Christ and are deceivers.
There is also a man who will reign as antichrist in the last days during the tribulation. 2Th 2:3 clearly states he is a man: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
duval

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »

1.  Because Christ is one person is no proof the anti-Christ is one as well.

2.  666 is indeed the # of man (  failiure after failure, never  reaching perfection ) but its no proof of a  "false trinity".

3.  666 is the # of man but no proof the anti- Christ is such.  Is it possible the "man of sin" bespeaks a system of unbelief and deception"?

4.  Is it possible you have assumed too much?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »

2Th 2:3  "that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" is definitively speaking of one person as is shown with the word 'that' and 'the'. While there are indeed many anti-Christs in the world and were even in the time that scripture was written it is also a definite that "The Anti-Christ" as he is referred to today (The Beast mentioned in Revelations and "that man of sin" mentioned in 2Th 2:3 ) is one man. If you read on in 2Th 2 following verse 3 it continues with wording that is definitely describing one person.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »

Such as the pope or do you have any other suggestions? 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

Such as the pope or do you have any other suggestions? 

I don't think that person has been revealed as of yet. Could it be the pope? Perhaps so but personally I don't think so. When that person finally does come forward I am sure that there will be no doubt for those that do know scripture.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the