Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HOW IMPORTANT IS THE WILL OF GOD TO YOU?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW IMPORTANT IS THE WILL OF GOD TO YOU?  (Read 3636 times)
Stephanie

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »

Ephesians 5:17 says - "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."  There are so many who are foolish and senseless when it comes to the will of God. They are ignorant of their duty and negligent of their souls. The Apostle Paul encourages the believers in Ephesus not to be fools in the employment of their time or in the manner of their life.

What about you? Are you foolish and senseless when it comes to the will of God? Are you ignorant of your duty and negligent of your soul? Just how do you spend your time or in what way are you living your life on this earth - for God or for yourself?  
In 1 Peter 4:2, the  Apostle Peter indicated how a true believer in Jesus Christ conducts himself in this world when he said - "That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." All those who have "ceased from sin" (1 Peter 4:1) live to the will of God. In other words, they live in such a manner as He commands. They understand that the object of their redemption was to rescue them from being swayed by wicked lusts and to bring them to being completely conformed to His will. They not only retain truth but live according to it.

Just look around you today and count how many are living to the will of God rather than their own desires or lusts or someone else's. Sad but true - the number is very small.

However, Peter made it very plain and clear that a true believer will no longer live "to the lusts of men, but to the will of God."

What about you my beloved sister/brother, Would you be counted as a true believer?

On two separate occasions, Paul mentioned "the will of God" when writing to the church at Colosse. In Colossians 1:9, he says "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding." In Colossians 4:12, he added - "Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God." In both cases, he referred to "the will of God" as a matter of serious prayer.

He personally prayed for the Colossian believers that they would "be filled with the knowledge of God's will." Notice the wording he used here - "do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will..." He never stopped praying for them that they would know fully what God would have them to do. He wanted them to have a full knowledge of their duty. The wording used here exhibits an earnestness, passion, and seriousness about the matter. 

He then went on to mention a fellow laborer - Epaphras - who he described as "always labouring fervently" for the saints that they would "stand perfect and complete in all the will of God." How many of us today pray such a prayer for ourselves and others? This servant of God felt it was imperative that the believers were fully assured and persuaded in their faith in that they performed all things willed by God. His desire was to see them full of LIGHT, GRACE, WISDOM, and HOLINESS. He yearned to see them completely performing the WILL of the Lord in every aspect of their lives. Perhaps, if more of us prayed like this today, we would not have to contend with so many phoney Christians in our churches and days.

What most people do not realize (or do not want to admit as true) is that God requires holiness of heart and life in all who profess to know Him as Lord and Savior. Some would ask - what is the will of God for my life? For one thing - it is that you cease to do evil and learn to do good. In 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Paul made it apparent when he said - "For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication." What he is saying here is that it is the will of God for every Christian to abstain from associations which degrade the soul...to overcome tendencies to do evil...to check and subdue unholy habits...and to cultivate positive principles of holiness in our soul.

The Lord when He said - "For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother" (Matthew 12:50) and "For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is My brother, and My sister, and mother" (Mark 3:35). These are the ones who submit to Him in all decree.

In John 7:17, He said - "If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of Myself." In other words, if any man is willing to do or wishes to do God's will, he will have entrance into the "Light" of His instruction for his life.

In Matthew 7:21, He made it a matter of Heaven and Hell when He said - "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven." The Apostle John shared the same sentiments when he wrote in 1 John 2:17 - "And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." What they both are saying is that only those who love God - not this world or their own fleshly will - will make it to heaven. Many on the basis of a mere profession are claiming admittance into heaven but that is not true as the Word of God informs us that they will have to do God's will before they gain entrance.

All Christians must exercise faith in Jesus for life and salvation - commit themselves to Him...trust in Him at all times and for all things...rely on Him...and obey Him in the small and great things. Preachers must be faithful dispensers of the Word of God - fully and faithfully preaching the Gospel...declaring the whole counsel of God...keeping back nothing profitable to the souls of men...being not afraid of the faces of men...and speaking the truth boldly with all sincerity.

My sister/brother How important is the will of God in your life?

Along with the Apostle Paul and Epaphras, David made it a point of constant prayer. In Psalm 143:10, he prayed - "Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God..." He had a desire to do that which was agreeable or pleasing to God. Hence, he prayed not only for help in doing it but for greater instruction on how to always get it done. He understood that it was a lifetime learning process.

My sister/brother How important is the will of God in your life?

God recognized David as - "a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfill all My will" (Acts 13:22). God bragged on him for seeking to do His will instead of showing stubborn disobedience like Saul. Unlike Saul, he obeyed the commands of God. He maintained the worship of God in Israel...sought to promote the universal obedience to God among the people...and ruled the people according to His Divine Will.

My sister/brother I repeat How important is the will of God in your life?

Remember - it's only those who do the will of God who make it to Heaven. "Not every one that saith” unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 12:50)

May the good Lord bless you,

Living for Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

Hello Sister Stephanie,

I know that you meant well, but I have to correct you to prevent confusion for others. You have NOT talked about GOD'S Plan of Salvation. You have offered a mixed up presentation of isolated thoughts and Scriptures that would make it impossible for any man or woman to be saved.

1 - GOD'S Will for us is that we be perfect, Holy, Righteous, without sin, and in complete obedience. NO man has ever lived on this earth that fits this description except Very GOD made manifest in the flesh - JESUS CHRIST.

2 - Look at the above and you will find out why JESUS CHRIST died on the CROSS for our sins. Salvation is offered from the Love and Grace of GOD as a GIFT because no man deserves it, and no man can earn it. We must believe and put our faith in JESUS CHRIST to accept GOD'S GIFT of Salvation because there is NO OTHER WAY!

3 - NO man has any righteousness of his own. The only Righteousness we have is imputed to us from JESUS CHRIST. Christians are seen in and through JESUS CHRIST by GOD, and JESUS CHRIST is our Righteousness. If we attempt to establish our own righteousness, we are foolish and not submitted ourselves to the Righteousness of JESUS CHRIST. Our righteousness is as filthy rags.

4 - NO Christian has ever been able to live without sin and in the perfect Will of GOD. This is why JESUS CHRIST is the mediator between GOD and man. This is also the reason why we have need of the HOLY SPIRIT living in our hearts as a comforter and guide. This is also the reason why Christians have a continuing need to pray and ask forgiveness when we sin. If we say that we have no sin, the TRUTH isn't in us.

5 - Even the Apostle Paul spoke of a lifelong struggle between the old man of flesh and the new man in CHRIST. The entire Bible makes it perfectly clear and blunt that NO man is worthy or can become worthy of the inheritance with the Saints in Light.

6 - You have chosen some beautiful portions of Scripture, but you have taken them out of context and mixed Law with Grace. You have also mixed Israel with the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST - also out of context.

7 - The work and method of Salvation is from GOD - NOT man. NO man has ever been saved by the Law or by obedience to the Law, especially considering that no man has ever been able to obey the Law. The same is true for living within the perfect Will of GOD. Again, that's why JESUS CHRIST died on the CROSS for us. NO man gets himself to heaven, and NO man ever will. Faith in JESUS CHRIST, HIS Perfect Sacrifice on the CROSS, and the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST is what gets a Christian to Heaven. ONLY the Law of Faith in JESUS CHRIST sets us free from the curse of sin and death.

Sister, see the next post for GOD'S Plan of Salvation.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:52:55 AM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Stephanie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:47 AM »

My bloved brother in Christ,

I greet you in the name of our wonderful Lord and Saviour, I see that my post was misunderstood I was not referring to God 's Plan of Salvation but the Will of God for you and me"the saved".I am referring to you and me here who are saved by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ,who are no longer under the bondage of the devil, who have been freed from the bondage of the flesh to sin. 
Though I partly agree with you that:
1. "NO man has ever lived on this earth that fits this description except Very GOD made manifest in the flesh - JESUS CHRIST." but I think you missed the point that I was making here.  In 1 Peter 4:2, the  Apostle Peter indicated how a true believer in Jesus Christ conducts himself in this world when he said - "That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." All those who have "ceased from deliberate  sin" (1 Peter 4:1) live to the will of God. In other words, they live in such a manner as He commands. They understand that the object of their redemption was to rescue them from being swayed by wicked lusts and to bring them to being completely conformed to His will. They not only retain truth but live according to it. We are not to continue living the life of deliberately sinning or disobedience, that is we are not to be lawless./font]
2. I fully agree with you on this point.
3. Totally agree with you
4. It is one thing to deliberately and continuously sin and use the word of God to justify your sins/disobedience and another to to live by His grace which is sufficient when tempted to sin.  The Holy Spirit's works in our lives is very clear from the scriptures and should not be confused. 
5. Yes, there is a struggle of the flesh and the spirit, we daily deal with hence a need for us to completely surrender to God and die to self.
6. I still need to know how this was done and which scriptures is being reffered to here as I can not find any mixture of the Law and Grace and how I have taken things out of context.
7. From this point I am definitely sure that you took my post out of context, either you did not understand or confused the topic.
Stay blessed and God loves you.

Living for Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »

My bloved brother in Christ,

I greet you in the name of our wonderful Lord and Saviour, I see that my post was misunderstood I was not referring to God 's Plan of Salvation but the Will of God for you and me"the saved".I am referring to you and me here who are saved by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ,who are no longer under the bondage of the devil, who have been freed from the bondage of the flesh to sin. 
Though I partly agree with you that:
1. "NO man has ever lived on this earth that fits this description except Very GOD made manifest in the flesh - JESUS CHRIST." but I think you missed the point that I was making here.  In 1 Peter 4:2, the  Apostle Peter indicated how a true believer in Jesus Christ conducts himself in this world when he said - "That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." All those who have "ceased from deliberate  sin" (1 Peter 4:1) live to the will of God. In other words, they live in such a manner as He commands. They understand that the object of their redemption was to rescue them from being swayed by wicked lusts and to bring them to being completely conformed to His will. They not only retain truth but live according to it. We are not to continue living the life of deliberately sinning or disobedience, that is we are not to be lawless./font]
2. I fully agree with you on this point.
3. Totally agree with you
4. It is one thing to deliberately and continuously sin and use the word of God to justify your sins/disobedience and another to to live by His grace which is sufficient when tempted to sin.  The Holy Spirit's works in our lives is very clear from the scriptures and should not be confused. 
5. Yes, there is a struggle of the flesh and the spirit, we daily deal with hence a need for us to completely surrender to God and die to self.
6. I still need to know how this was done and which scriptures is being reffered to here as I can not find any mixture of the Law and Grace and how I have taken things out of context.
7. From this point I am definitely sure that you took my post out of context, either you did not understand or confused the topic.
Stay blessed and God loves you.

Sister Stephanie,

I looked for the possibility of misunderstanding, and there is none. You were talking about getting to Heaven, and that is Salvation. If you don't understand the mixing, maybe you simply don't know. I don't know how my reply to you could have been any more clear unless I wrote a book to you. I'm not trying to be mean with you at all, and there is nothing picky about my reply to you.

Without writing a book, there are basics to "rightly dividing the WORD of TRUTH", and there have been books written on this single subject. I'll be brief, and I'm sure that others will offer an opinion here also.

1 - You must determine who the speaker is.

2 - You must determine who the audience is.

3 - You must determine the context and purpose of the message.

4 - You must determine if the message is applicable before, after, or both before and after the CROSS.

5 - You must determine if the message is to Israel, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, or both.

6 - You must determine if the message is applicable to the Law, Grace, or both.

As an example, JESUS CHRIST was born under the Law, lived under the Law, and died to fulfill the Law. The significance of the CROSS was a mystery until GOD revealed it to the Apostle Paul.

Sister, I won't argue with you, but I will always make it plain what GOD'S Plan of Salvation is. That I will always do without apology to anyone. Maybe you need to read your post again. We can also wait for others to read it. I didn't offer an opinion, rather the basic facts about Salvation. You have confusion in your second post also. To say that sin is no longer a master over us is much different than saying that we have no sin. The (7) things that I tried to clearly explain to you are Bible Facts and not just my opinion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »

I got the same impression that blackeyedpeas did from your post. It does lean to teachings of a works oriented salvation. While it is important for all Christians to seek His will for each of us we need to realize that perfection is not hinged to salvation for no one will achieve perfection in this lifetime on earth.  It is not out of "duty" that we do this but rather because we love Jesus and out of this love wish to please Him.

I won't argue this either as blackeyedpeas has already presented a wonderful post from scriptures on salvation that pertains to all. I will simply say that we must be careful to not put works back into it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the