Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Head of Arizona ACLU Arrested in Protest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Head of Arizona ACLU Arrested in Protest  (Read 1858 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »

Head of Arizona ACLU Arrested in Protest

Human rights protesters lined the sidewalk in front of Pruitt's Furniture in Phoenix, chanting and holding signs saying things like "don't buy from racists".

Protester Dorleen Kunkel says she's here to fight intimidation. Her anger is aimed at Sheriff Joe Arpaio. His deputies have been hired by Pruitt's to keep day laborers away.

Kunkel says stepping over the border doesn't rate with committing real crimes, like robbery and murder - things she says the Sheriff's Department should be persuing.

The Sheriff says they will take care of business, if they violate any illegal immigration laws they're going to jail.

And that's exactly what happened Saturday. The head of the American Civil Liberties Union's legal division was arrested. Not for violating immigration laws, but for trespassing.

Deputies say they told him 6 times to leave the property, he refused to leave, so he was put in handcuffs. He has been booked into 4th Avenue jail.

Despite the arrest the protest continued.

Pruitts is not only tired of protestors - but Mayor Phil Gordon. In the past, Pruitt's owner claimed Gordon and Phoenix Police wouldn't address his problem of day laborers - so he looked to Sheriff Joe.

Protesters say they think what he's doing is wrong. They say he's bothering people who are just trying to make a living for their families.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:56:40 PM »

They say he's bothering people who are just trying to make a living for their families.

So are people who rob a bank. They are still law breakers and so is the aclu head for being on private property. Jail is the right place for them.

Bystanders came by to shake the sheriff’s hand. One woman told Arpaio, “You kick butt.”

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

And that's exactly what happened Saturday. The head of the American Civil Liberties Union's legal division was arrested. Not for violating immigration laws, but for trespassing.

Deputies say they told him 6 times to leave the property, he refused to leave, so he was put in handcuffs. He has been booked into 4th Avenue jail.

Finally!  A heart warming story!  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:11:26 PM »

Protester Dorleen Kunkel says she's here to fight intimidation. Her anger is aimed at Sheriff Joe Arpaio. His deputies have been hired by Pruitt's to keep day laborers away.

YEAH Sheriff Joe! Now who in their right mind could dislike this guy? He enforces the law, and that's exactly what the people elected him to do. I think that we need an army of Sheriffs just like him. The last I heard, the air-conditioned jail is being used for abused and neglected animals that haven't broken any laws. The law breakers are in tent cities in the desert, so the ACLU big boy might have fun in the desert. NO - I'm not kidding - a humane society of some sort for animals is using the jail, and most folks think that Big Joe is doing just fine!   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:49 PM »

Now who in their right mind could dislike this guy?

lol ... That's the key words.

Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:21:46 PM »

YEAH Sheriff Joe! Now who in their right mind could dislike this guy? He enforces the law, and that's exactly what the people elected him to do. I think that we need an army of Sheriffs just like him. The last I heard, the air-conditioned jail is being used for abused and neglected animals that haven't broken any laws. The law breakers are in tent cities in the desert, so the ACLU big boy might have fun in the desert. NO - I'm not kidding - a humane society of some sort for animals is using the jail, and most folks think that Big Joe is doing just fine!   Grin

Oh!  Is THAT the guy??!!  I love that guy!  Heard about him years ago.  Figures the tents were good enough for our soldiers during Desert Storm so it's good enough for the inmates.  I heard they are fed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too.  When some inmates were asked if they'd ever break the law and return, it was an unanimous NO!  hahaha. Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

Oh!  Is THAT the guy??!!  I love that guy!  Heard about him years ago.  Figures the tents were good enough for our soldiers during Desert Storm so it's good enough for the inmates.  I heard they are fed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too.  When some inmates were asked if they'd ever break the law and return, it was an unanimous NO!  hahaha. Cheesy

Yep, that's him. His prisoners had it better than we did in Desert Storm. At least they aren't getting shot at or bombed and the peanut butter/jelly sandwiches would have been a great treat compared to the MRE's I ate. A major YUCK!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:42:23 PM »

Oh, so you were there?  I thought you were my age?  Or has time just flown by?
My goodness.  It's true isn't it?  Time goes by faster and faster the older you get!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:59 PM »

Yep, I was there. It was my last year in the Navy. 1969 to 1991. I am probably just a little older than you. I will be 57 in January.

Yes, time does go quicker by the day.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 11:01:03 PM »

Yes.  I'm 50.
So were you a champlain?  Or did you pastor afterward?  Don't mean to get personal and I think you did tell me already that you were Navy when I told you that my son was in the Navy.   Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 11:12:51 PM »

No I wasn't a Chaplain. I was enlisted not officer. My rating was Radioman. Being a pastor came after the Military. During Desert Storm I was the lead communicator for a 500 bed hospital unit that was all one big tent with a bunch of other smaller tents for our barracks. I left active duty in 1987 and went reserves getting reactivated in 1990 to 1991 for Desert Storm. I contracted the Gulf War Illness which ended my doing much of anything in 2001.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »

Way to go Sheriff Joe!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes.  I'm 50.
So were you a champlain?  Or did you pastor afterward?  Don't mean to get personal and I think you did tell me already that you were Navy when I told you that my son was in the Navy.   Smiley

Well so am I, in fact I just turned last month. So by my figuring, you are at least a month older then I am. Grin Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 11:24:40 PM »

That is all very interesting.  Having worked in hospitals it's hard to imagine a 500 bed hospital in a tent!
I'm sorry about your illness.  I've heard of that but don't really know much about it.  I know a lot were affected and the government tried to deny it.  I have an uncle, I think I told you about, that did two tours in Nam and suffers from the effects of Agent Orange.
Again I'm really sorry to hear that part.

Well I'm off to bed my friend.  Work day tomorrow for this gal. (darn, darn, darn!)  Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 11:32:08 PM »

Way to go Sheriff Joe!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well so am I, in fact I just turned last month. So by my figuring, you are at least a month older then I am. Grin Grin Grin

Hey!  Where'd you come from wise guy!  Grin Grin
Actually I had my birthday in March!
How are you feeling then "old man"?  Any better?  I've noticed you haven't been on here much the last couple of days.  And with Ol' Blackeye Bart sleeping all day and staying up all night, it's pretty much been me and Pastor Roger!

Might have to stay up another minute.  I'd really like to hear how you're feeling.  Huh

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »

I was in Nam also but so far I am not showing any symptoms from Agent Orange. I'm sorry to hear that your uncle is. Yes, they are still ignoring and denying anything in regards to it even though they are allowing Military to receive compensation for it.

Goodnight, sister and have a great day at work tomorrow.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the