Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:45:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A picture is worth a thousand words
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A picture is worth a thousand words  (Read 2174 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:03 PM »

HOW STUPID CAN OBAMA GET ??

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words!!

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin
stand during the national anthem.

Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)...... the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE..... how can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief??
~~~~~~~~

Barack Obama Stops Wearing American Flag Lapel Pin

WATERLOO, Iowa  —  Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement: "We all revere the flag, but Senator Obama believes that being a patriot is about more than a symbol. It's about fighting for our veterans when they get home and speaking honestly with the American people about this disastrous war."

Obama was campaigning in Iowa Thursday, the second day of a four-day trip to the early voting state.

At one stop, he called for new restrictions on deployment of National Guard and Reserve troops along with an expansion of benefits for them and their families.

"I will not be a president who extends tours for our Guard units overseas while Americans are stranded on rooftops right here at home," Obama said.

He said he would require "a period of rest and standard of readiness" before troops could be redeployed. He called for the head of the National Guard to be elevated to four-star rank and given a seat among the Joint Chiefs of Staff to reflect the heavy reliance on Guard soldiers and reservists during the Iraq war.

Since 2001, Obama said, more than 580,000 reservists have been activated, a level not seen since World War II.

In making his case, Obama pointed to an Iowa unit in which members learned from family and friends back home that their deployment had been extended. That unit — the 1st Battalion of the 133rd Infantry — recently returned after a 22-month deployment in Iraq.

"When we've got service members who have to find out that their tour has been extended in a phone call home, we're not keeping that trust and we're not keeping this country safe," Obama said.

He also called for increased mental health services, including screening and treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. He said nearly half of the National Guard troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan suffer from psychological problems, yet little emphasis is put on treating those disorders.

"We're not providing adequate treatment, screening and benefits," said Obama. "We need more mental health professionals and more training to recognize the signs."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

.. how can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief??

I have seen this and it is exactly as I've said about it. How can a person expect to be CIC and receive due respect if he cannot show respect for the symbol that represents not only our nation but all those that have fought and died for it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »

"Barack Hussein Obama"

I'm suspecting, closet Muslim.

Where is he/ his family from anyway?  Anyone got the low down?

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »

His father was Kenyan and his mother American, from Wichita, Kansas. He spent a good part of his childhood in Hawaii except for four years in Jakarta, Indonesia. He graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School (both very liberal schools). While in Jakarta he was enrolled in a Madrassa and was raised and educated as a Muslim. He currently attends services at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago’s South Side which has been in the news recently for it's tendency toward racial epithet's of a pro-black only community.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

I Love it!
They just keep shootin themselves in the foot!!
The Sad thing is?
When they become the Majority in America, People like him WILL be in control of every aspect of OUR Country!
And that's only in a matter of time from now it seems...

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »

Can I call em' or what?!   Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »

Yep. I nailed him back in 2003 when he first ran for Senator in Illinois. I couldn't get any information at that time to confirm it. It finally came out about his past just recently.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »

His father was Kenyan and his mother American, from Wichita, Kansas. He spent a good part of his childhood in Hawaii except for four years in Jakarta, Indonesia. He graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School (both very liberal schools). While in Jakarta he was enrolled in a Madrassa and was raised and educated as a Muslim. He currently attends services at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago’s South Side which has been in the news recently for it's tendency toward racial epithet's of a pro-black only community.

Went back to my sewing room for a while but I can't get this out of my mind.  I've heard that Obama has lots of money:  Where did he get it?  I am sure that every Muslim in America and over seas has donated to his campain.  Do you know anything about it?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:59:09 PM »

HOW STUPID CAN OBAMA GET ??

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words!!

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin
stand during the national anthem.

Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)...... the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE..... how can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief??
~~~~~~~~

WATERLOO, Iowa  —  Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement: "We all revere the flag, but Senator Obama believes that being a patriot is about more than a symbol. It's about fighting for our veterans when they get home and speaking honestly with the American people about this disastrous war."

Obama was campaigning in Iowa Thursday, the second day of a four-day trip to the early voting state.

At one stop, he called for new restrictions on deployment of National Guard and Reserve troops along with an expansion of benefits for them and their families.

"I will not be a president who extends tours for our Guard units overseas while Americans are stranded on rooftops right here at home," Obama said.

He said he would require "a period of rest and standard of readiness" before troops could be redeployed. He called for the head of the National Guard to be elevated to four-star rank and given a seat among the Joint Chiefs of Staff to reflect the heavy reliance on Guard soldiers and reservists during the Iraq war.

Since 2001, Obama said, more than 580,000 reservists have been activated, a level not seen since World War II.

In making his case, Obama pointed to an Iowa unit in which members learned from family and friends back home that their deployment had been extended. That unit — the 1st Battalion of the 133rd Infantry — recently returned after a 22-month deployment in Iraq.

"When we've got service members who have to find out that their tour has been extended in a phone call home, we're not keeping that trust and we're not keeping this country safe," Obama said.

He also called for increased mental health services, including screening and treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. He said nearly half of the National Guard troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan suffer from psychological problems, yet little emphasis is put on treating those disorders.

"We're not providing adequate treatment, screening and benefits," said Obama. "We need more mental health professionals and more training to recognize the signs."

Dreamweaver....do you have the link to this picture?  Where did you find it?
Yvette

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »

Never mind.  I got the picture.  Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

Went back to my sewing room for a while but I can't get this out of my mind.  I've heard that Obama has lots of money:  Where did he get it?  I am sure that every Muslim in America and over seas has donated to his campain.  Do you know anything about it?

That is a good question. I am sure that there is something on the internet about who his contributors are.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

WOW!

I had heard about the flag pin, but I haven't heard about the rest of it until now. I'm shocked and now wonder what else the Democrats are up to. I have an idea that the rest is very ugly. I just turned on Fox News for Hannity's America, and it just so happens that it's an expose on funding of Clinton campaigns - past and current. VERY UGLY! - RED CHINA!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

I've got Hannity's America on too!  Next up: 666.  Wonder what that's about?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »

I watched both of them.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »

I've got Hannity's America on too!  Next up: 666.  Wonder what that's about?

Well I didn't get anything out of that segment.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the