Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Poetry/Prose (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will I Dance?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will I Dance?  (Read 2164 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »

WILL I DANCE?

When I get to heaven Lord,
What will I see…
Will I see Your glory
Will You welcome me…?
Will I see gates of pearl
And streets of gold,
Will I be young
Or will I be old…?
Will I laugh, will I fly
Will I dance, will I sing
How long do we have
 Is there anything I should bring…?
Will I sit with You and talk
Will You tell me things…
Will we go for a walk…?
Can I see Your throne
Will my friends and family be there
Or will I be alone
Will I have a care…?
 Will there be peace in the valley
And rest for my soul
Besides my loving you
Should I have another goal…?
And what about the lion and the lamb;
Will they lie together and play,
Will You really take me just as I am
Are You the potter who molds His clay…?
Will I see Moses, Joseph and Abraham
All the disciples, and Paul
Will I meet Sarah, Ruth and Esther
Will I get to see them all…?
Can I talk to Your angels
Will I hear them sing,
How loud do they get
And how big are their wings?
I have so many questions
And lots of concerns
But for now I’ll just wait
While for heaven, my heart yearns.

Yvette  © 2004

Let us fight the good fight!
LittleLulu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »

I enjoyed your poem.  Nicely done.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:44:23 AM »

WILL I DANCE?

When I get to heaven Lord,
What will I see…
Will I see Your glory
Will You welcome me…?
Will I see gates of pearl
And streets of gold,
Will I be young
Or will I be old…?
Will I laugh, will I fly
Will I dance, will I sing
How long do we have
 Is there anything I should bring…?
Will I sit with You and talk
Will You tell me things…
Will we go for a walk…?
Can I see Your throne
Will my friends and family be there
Or will I be alone
Will I have a care…?
 Will there be peace in the valley
And rest for my soul
Besides my loving you
Should I have another goal…?
And what about the lion and the lamb;
Will they lie together and play,
Will You really take me just as I am
Are You the potter who molds His clay…?
Will I see Moses, Joseph and Abraham
All the disciples, and Paul
Will I meet Sarah, Ruth and Esther
Will I get to see them all…?
Can I talk to Your angels
Will I hear them sing,
How loud do they get
And how big are their wings?
I have so many questions
And lots of concerns
But for now I’ll just wait
While for heaven, my heart yearns.

Yvette  © 2004

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »

Well my goodness!  When I went to post it said there was an error and that it was blank.  Now that it finally posted I see it is there twice.  Well the second one is for those with short term memory loss!  tee hee!
Grammyluv

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »

Well my goodness!  When I went to post it said there was an error and that it was blank.  Now that it finally posted I see it is there twice.  Well the second one is for those with short term memory loss!  tee hee!
Grammyluv

Amen Grammyluv,

I liked it enough for it to be posted twice anyway.   Cheesy   It was probably a "hiccup" of some sort from a big computer server between you and Christians Unite. Things like that do happen from time to time.

I do like to think about what Heaven will be like. There are a few descriptions in the Bible that are quite beautiful, but I'm sure that everything will be beyond human imagination. I'll give you just one example that Christians with pain and disability think of. Flesh and blood can't inherit the things of Heaven that GOD has prepared for us. Christians will be given a Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has at HIS Appointed time. There won't be any more pain, illness, sorrow, or tears. The Bible doesn't contain many details about this Promise from GOD, so we will have to be content to wonder about this for now. I have imagined that it might be a body of LIGHT. We won't have need of the sun or the moon because of "THE LIGHT OF THE LAMB" - JESUS CHRIST. If my imagination is right, our light would obviously be much smaller than the LIGHT OF JESUS CHRIST.

Regardless, Heaven will be beyond human imagination.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:51 NASB  Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 NASB  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 NASB  For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54 NASB  But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 NASB  "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1 Corinthians 15:56 NASB  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

1 Corinthians 15:57 NASB  but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »

Amen Brother and great poem Sister!

I keep thinking how great it will be to walk and move period!

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »

Thank you for your comments!  This one in particular is one of my favorites that I've written over the years.  When I was writing it, I was thinking with child-like innocence and just had fun with it. 
I know it is going to be so far beyond what any of us can imagine!  Sometimes the anticipation just kills me. (smile)  And yet there is still so much work to be done!

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »

I luv this one to, its definitley a winner! its wonderful to just sit and try to imagine what heaven will be like.. when i go to place flowers etc on the graves of loved ones that have gone on before me... its usually so quiet and surrene there (even tho its right next to a somewhat busy road) and when im there i just stand there imagining where they are and how beautiful it must be!!

Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 01:47:04 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was just thinking again about this thread and giving thanks for many things. Christians have different thoughts about physical death because of the Promises of GOD. We are absent from the body and present with the LORD. This is the ultimate REALITY, and the world doesn't understand this. We still grieve when a family member or friend dies, but our grieving is also different than what the world does. We know where our loved one is if they are a Christian. We know that this world isn't our home, so physical death for us means a "Home-Coming". It will mean great joy for the Saint going HOME, and the joy will be for Eternity.

For Christians, The Holy Bible tells us that our current body in this short life is like a tent. It's a shell that we will use temporarily just for this short life. It's really just a temporary dwelling place for our Eternal Spirit. This is far too complex for the world to understand, but it's a beautiful Truth for those of us who belong to CHRIST. There are many things that the world doesn't understand, and the world laughs at us many times when we tell them the TRUTH. As another example, we've already been made Eternal Members of the BODY OF CHRIST. When we say things like this to the world, they look at us like we're crazy, but we're not crazy at all. As another example, one that I love, the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in our hearts. Brothers and sisters, this is an absolute REALITY right NOW for Christians!

Brothers and Sisters, we only have a beginning understanding of the beautiful and wonderful things that await us. Our hopes aren't of this world, and I give thanks for that. This world is a disappointing place that grows worse by the minute. Just think for a minute - rejoice - and give thanks! We are children of the KING OF KINGS. Our Citizenship is in Heaven. We have a full inheritance with the Saints in LIGHT for Eternity. That LIGHT is JESUS CHRIST - our LORD and SAVIOUR forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:19-22 NASB
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the