Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wooly Mammoth Dung Speeds Global Warming…
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wooly Mammoth Dung Speeds Global Warming…  (Read 1359 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »

This article starts out so hilariously that I almost posted in the Laughter section. The latter part of it does give some very good information.

Wooly Mammoth Dung Speeds Global Warming… Give me a Break!

Now, you’re gonna read that headline and laugh imagining that I must surely be employing the best hyperbole. Reuters can’t possibly be touting a story that says wooly mammoth dung could be making global warming worse… could they? I am sad to say that they are, indeed, making this claim in a story on the crackpot theories of a Russian “scientist.”

I know, I know. It seems like an entry from “The Onion” news satire website, but it isn’t. Reuters gives us the pooper scoop in “Mammoth dung, prehistoric goo may speed warming,” posted on the 16th.

Sounding like a bad copy of an old Cheech and Chong skit, “scientist” Sergei Zimov grabs some wooly mammoth dung, puts it to his face and proclaims, “It smells like mammoth dung.” Reuters gives him the space to revel in his crappy theory that this millions-year-old, melted mammoth dung is speeding globaloney.

But Zimov, a scientist who for almost 30 years has studied climate change in Russia’s Arctic, believes that as this organic matter becomes exposed to the air it will accelerate global warming faster than even some of the most pessimistic forecasts.

“This will lead to a type of global warming which will be impossible to stop,” he said.

Falling back on the “cow flatulence” theory of globaloney causes, this Russian theorist imagines that “methane gas” will be released by the melting of the ice and the returning to the air of wooly mammoth dung that was once seemingly forever frozen in the permafrost.

Why all that darn poop didn’t cause global warming THEN but will NOW doesn’t seem to come up in the story, but there ya go… or there the mammoth went… er sumpthin.

Naturally, our so-called scientist is still trying to destroy our economy with the Kyoto Protocols, a failed treaty filled with precepts that even countries that signed onto it cannot meet.

“If you don’t stop emissions of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere … the Kyoto Protocol (an international pact aimed at reducing greenhouse emissions) will seem like childish prattle.”

Sadly, Reuters finds other crackpots in the scientific community that might be willing to sign onto this foolishness.

It might be easy to dismiss the 52-year-old, with his beard and shock of wavy hair, as an alarmist crank. But his theory is grabbing attention in the scientific community.

Yet, even Rueters notes that the UN, no slouches for globaloney alarmism, cannot find any widespread melting permafrost.

A United Nations report in June said there was at yet no sign of widespread melting of permafrost that could stoke global warming, but noted the potential threat.

So much gas to spew, so little time.

From cow farts to wooly mammoth poop, the globaloney alarmists seem to be apt to saying anything to scare us into torpedoing our economy while letting worse polluters like China entirely off the hook.

“Smells like mammoth dung,” indeed.

A reproduced report from 16 Jan 2006 on this:

SIBERIANS SHIVER IN RECORD COLD

Record low temperatures were felt in western Siberia over the weekend, with temperatures in the Tomsk region reported at minus 58 degrees Fahrenheit and lower. “This morning people felt Arctic weather,” a local meteorologist told the Interfax news agency Friday. A state of emergency was declared in the Tomsk region, where at least one man died because of the cold and hospitals treated dozens of people daily for cold-related health problems, while public transportation and electricity supplies were disrupted, The Moscow Times reported Monday. In the Novosibirsk region, temperatures fell to minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit — the lowest in 100 years. In the city of Krasnoyarsk, celebrations for the Russian holiday known as Old New Year’s Eve were canceled Friday after temperatures were also predicted to fall to minus 40. In the Komi-Permyatsky autonomous district, where temperatures were as low as minus 49 Fahrenheit, 85 people — mostly preschoolers — were evacuated from a settlement after a heating system serving 600 residents failed, Interfax reported Saturday. There was some good news, however: Scientists in the Tyumen region said the thousands of school closures across Siberia would reduce the spread of an expected flu epidemic among schoolchildren.

So what is going on? Simple: Siberia is affected by a regular climate cycle called the Arctic Oscillation. So its temperature can vary considerably from year to year. There is no evidence of an overall change beyond the changes due to the oscillation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

Wooly Mammoth Dung Speeds Global Warming…

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:24:03 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

This sounds like a job for Al Gore himself and several of his Hollywood friends.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »

there sure is a lot of 'dung'  causing problems and it aint from the 4 legged animals!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »

I am completely Speecheless

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »

Do you think polar bear dung might chill things out a little bit??  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Or maybe we should have the makers of 'head on', etc., invent something for the environment such as CHILL OUT!!!!  Grin Grin

And one for Al Gore and his buddies  SHUT UP APPLY DIRECTLY TO THEIR MOUTHS!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »

ROFL

Now that is funny.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »

Grin

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »

Apply directly to the forehead.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 12:15:41 AM »

Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 07:25:13 AM »

No No No that might burn the little pea brain of his.
they need to apply it to their mouth so they can stop all this talk about dung.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the