Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Galatians Bible Study
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Galatians Bible Study  (Read 54496 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2003, 03:14:13 PM »

Thank you, Tom and Forrest!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2003, 05:00:38 PM »

The Gospel Paul preached as related to the Church at Corinth:

1 Corinthians 15:1.  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
 2.  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
 3.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
 4.  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
 5.  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
 6.  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
 7.  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
 8.  And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
 9.  For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
 10.  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
 11.  Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
 12.  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
 13.  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
 14.  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
 15.  Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
 16.  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
 17.  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
 18.  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
 19.  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
 20.  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
 21.  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
 22.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
 23.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
 24.  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
 25.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
 26.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
 27    ..........

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2003, 05:17:30 PM »

Are we agreed that the scriptures teach only ONE gospel?
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2003, 06:53:12 PM »

I beleive so.
    Gospel = Jesus Christ born acording to scripture, lived acording to scripture, died acording to scripture, and raised from death again acording to scripture.
    No adding anything else no +law, or + work. Just Faith in the completed work of Jesus Christ done on the Cross.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2003, 09:15:52 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Forrest,

As a former cult member I can, and do atest to the fact that there are many false teachers out there, Paul in his second leter to Timothy warns that many will turn away seeking teachers that will tell them what they want to hear.

2 Timothy 4.
3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

AMEN!, thanks Brother.

In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 09:26:20 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2003, 09:55:34 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

The Gospel of the Grace of God revealed to the Apostle Paul is the only GOOD NEWS about how men of today can be released from the bondage of sin and death and be born again as a child of God (Saved).

In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2003, 05:58:38 AM »

I beleive so.
    Gospel = Jesus Christ born acording to scripture, lived acording to scripture, died acording to scripture, and raised from death again acording to scripture.
    No adding anything else no +law, or + work. Just Faith in the completed work of Jesus Christ done on the Cross.

All is True, but do you find this Gospel in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2003, 06:02:23 AM »

I agree!  The scripture has always given but one way to God - Christ.  From the Old Testament, to the New Testament it has always been Christ and His work that saves.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2003, 06:06:35 AM »

Here's another interesting thought, to me at least.   Smiley  Paul was more than likely considered slightly odd, even among the apostles.  He, by his own testimony, labored more than the other apostles.  He refused to take on support for his ministry, save but to encourage the giving of believers (Philippians) in the form of a gift, and worked for his living as a tent maker.  He longed, even pursued suffering!  He gave absolutely everything he had, both physical, financial, and spiritual to his service of Christ, and yet considered himself "chief of all sinners."  I see Paul as an excellent example of Christlikeness.  He was completely committed, yet human and fallible.  Just a thought...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2003, 06:26:50 AM »

I don't recall reading anything about this topic, so I snagged it.  Hopefully I'm not retracing other people's work!

"Jews' religion" - What is the definition of this term and how does it apply as used in Galatians 1:13?

Judaism is the practice of the Law as set forth originally by Moses at God's bequest, but perverted by the Pharisees and the Saducees of the day.  It may behoove us to understand what is meant by "Pharisee" and "Saducee" as well.

PHARISEE[/b]

The Pharisees were the lawyers as such.  They had by far the better understanding of the Law than the average Jew.  It is important to note, that not all Pharisees were in it for their own good.  Nicodemus, for example, was a learned Pharisee that came to Christ!  But for the most part, the Pharisaiacal sect was corrupt.  They insituted a system of righteousness based upon the Law that suited them, and based their adherence to such systems a reflection of their own righteousness.  For example,  no one was to work on the Sabbath.  It was determined that one could walk one mile without it being considered work on the Sabbath.  Then it was amended that one could walk one mile between possessions.  The day prior would find these Pharisees walking the path they intended to walk on the Sabbath and leaving a sandal, or some other possession at the mile marker so as to not be in violation of the Law.  They used this thinking regularly in their practice of the Law.  The problem was that the average Jew had these people as their teachers!  They to felt that they had to live up to a certain righteous piety exhibited by the Pharisees to be considered worthy.  To boot, such practices set the Pharisees above the others, financially, and socially.  Further more, the Pharisees ran the synagogues.  For a Jew to accept Jesus meant being cast out of the synagogue!  Do we see why Jesus called them vipers?

SADUCEES[/b]

The Saducees were the priests.  This ought to make us scratch our heads as they were considered the ones who rejected most of what scripture teaches (i.e. the resurrection)!  But, such they were nonetheless.  The Saducees were more corrupt in my opinion than the Pharisees.  The Pharisees held to their own system of righteousness.  The Saducees didn't much care.  For example, in temple sacrifice, the Jew would bring their sacrifice to the temple to be inspected by the priests.  The priests had a deal going where they would reject the sacrifice brought by the Jew, and point them to the sellers in the courtyard.  The Jew would then have to put the money down for another sacrifice (from which the priests received a cut), and lose the sacrifice they brought.  The sellers would then turn around and sell the "unacceptable" sacrifice to the next unfortunate Jew.  The problem is, they all knew this was happening.  But what could the average Jew do?  These were the people in charge!  What's more, the sacrifices offered were often not acceptable to begin with.

To be continued...

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2003, 06:38:46 AM »

CONTINUED...

As these two sects made up the Judaism of the day, the practice was diverted from it's original intent to the religion Jesus witnessed while on earth.  It is interesting to see how Jesus dealt with each of these groups, and Judaism as a whole.

For the Pharisees, He taught that it was not just the act that was unrighteous, but the heart behind the act.  If a man were to look upon a woman lustfully, but did not physically commit adultery, they were innocent of breaking the Law in the mind of the Pharisee.  Jesus said that lusting was equivalent with doing.  He spoke on hate and murder, and on the prayer lives of these people.  He poked holes in the very fabric of the Judaism of that day, and pointed them all back to the very point of the Law - Himself.

For the Saducee, He not once, but twice, drove out the moneychangers.  He pointed the people back to the purpose of His house.  He called wrong what the priests had called right!  Needless to say, He made many enemies this way.  He also made many converts - but never easily.  To trust Christ was equivelant to rejecting the Judaism practiced in that day.  The Pharisees would certainly cast you out of the synagogue and the Saducees would not accept your sacrificial worship.  That's why Jesus told the people to count the cost of following Him.

As we understand the basis/perversion of that form of Judaism, we can glean an understanding of Paul's vehement rejection of this other gospel.  It was a perversion!  The Law always pointed to a coming Savior, until the Pharisees made it the saving factor.  Paul set the record straight, and was not about to have it made crooked again!

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

The Gospel of the Grace of God revealed to the Apostle Paul is the only GOOD NEWS about how men of today can be released from the bondage of sin and death and be born again as a child of God (Saved).

In Christ,
Tom

AMEN! Brother Tom,

The Gospel of the Grace of God, is not in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.  

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2003, 07:14:13 AM »

Thanks for your explanation of Judaism, Allinall!

Brother Love, maybe I missed something, but I'm confused about this: The Gospel of the Grace of God, is not in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.   Could you go into more detail on this, for my sake?  Smiley

The "Four Gospels", in my opinion, concern the fulfillment of the "Gospel (good news)". Eyewitness accounts of Christ's earthly life, death and ressurrection. They do not go into as much "detailed Gospel" as Paul's teaching does, though.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
John the Baptist
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2003, 07:52:10 AM »

Here's another interesting thought, to me at least.   Smiley  Paul was more than likely considered slightly odd, even among the apostles.  He, by his own testimony, labored more than the other apostles.  He refused to take on support for his ministry, save but to encourage the giving of believers (Philippians) in the form of a gift, and worked for his living as a tent maker.  He longed, even pursued suffering!  He gave absolutely everything he had, both physical, financial, and spiritual to his service of Christ, and yet considered himself "chief of all sinners."  I see Paul as an excellent example of Christlikeness.  He was completely committed, yet human and fallible.  Just a thought...

John here:
There is one Gospel! I just posted this up on another site. Perhaps it will pass inspection here?
---
Scofield wrote:
Great post DRAKE! justjake, how does Christ saving us lead us to sin? That's you logic...

John asks some questions:
Was not Luciffer created PERFECT? And he was in Eden the garden of God! 'Thou [hast been] in Eden the garden of God' ... 'Thou WAST PERFECT in thy ways from the day that thou wast created' ... 'IWILL DESTROY thee, O covering cherub' ... 'I WILL BRING thee to ASHES'! (Try Eze. 28:13-19)

Did Christ lead this saved one to sin?? No more than the 'No condemnation' ones in Rom. 8:1. These must HAVE A STARTING POINT, of PERFECTION, and then a MATURING process to develope a CHARACTER safe to save for ALL of their eternity. (see Nah. 1:9) 'If' they USE the Eternal provisions at their asking! Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9. That is the EVERLASTING GOSPEL TRUTH!!! (all else is to be eternal ashes!)

Then, most 'youngins' in the true fold have come to realize that Adam & Eve were also created, but not just good, but, VERY GOOD! (PERFECT) IN CHRIST! Sinless! Yet, still it seems that they were not dead mentally to think, they were able to make FREE choices! MATURE.

Case in point is that God does not change, He is the same YESTERDAY, today and forever! He created a tree in the MIDST of the Garden of Eden... WITH INSTRUCTIONS!!! WHY DID HE DO THIS??? [THINK!!!}

There, & only there, it seemed, was where the serpent could TEMPT them.
Who was the serpent? The Word tells us in Rev. 12:1-12 if one 'believes' in the Master's WORDS? And in His Words of Matt. 4:4 & 2 Tim. 3:16's TRUE Hermaneutics, instead of the 'arm of flesh'?

By the way, does anyone 'here' know what the Covering Cherub of Eze. 28 was? And what was (IS) under the two of these in heaven? And what the Ark of God has inside of it in heaven? And what MERCY SEAT COVERED THE ARK??? Does anyone [BELIEVE IN CHRIST] enough to BELIEVE IN ALL OF HIS WORD??? "IN CHRIST".. Rom. 8:1?Huh

How could the angels in heaven have a REBELLION with NO EVERLASTING COVENANT CONDITIONS? Heb. 13:20! Or how could Adam & Eve sin without an Everlasting Covenant? These are Once Saved Alway Saved? Read on for Rev.'s last few verses!!

Then: How could God HAVE 'A MERCY SEAT' WITHOUT THE ETERNAL EVERLASTING GOSPEL??? Rev. 14:6!!! That is what THE HEAVENLY MERCY SEAT IS ALL ABOUT!! GOD SAYS: "MY [WAY] IS IN THE SANCTUARY"!!!! Psalms 77:13.

Yes JustJake: You seem to have a very good insight of the Master's INTIRE Book. But remember friends. So did Israel of old! And as the question was asked? "How does Christ saving us, lead us to sin?"
JustJake: The one posting the question seems to 'dense' (Heb. 5) to know the answer when told, and now it seems that he is a moderator?   But as for the question? He could read about Cain & his OFFERING to SEE what it was that MADE him ACCEPTED, huh!! And then UN/ACCEPTED!! And so went ALL of organized Israel of old who DID NOT FOLLOW CHRIST OUT!! Matt. 25

ALL that [followed Christ] (IN CHRIST!) were SAVED BY FAITH! Heb. 11:13. There has N-E-V-E-R been any other way to be SAVED OR TO REMAIN SAVED EXCEPT BY CHRIST! That IS THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL!
He say: "WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO [NOTHING]." John 15:1-7 & the last part of verse *5! THINK ETERNITY! Both backward & forward. Hebs. world's' in the plural included.

Then in Closing, look at the Masters closing WORDS to us? He saved some & RECORDED their Names in the Book of Life, SAVED at that time! And HE TELLS US that if any ADD WORDS TO HIS "PERFECT" BOOK, OR IF ANY TAKE AWAY ANY WORDS FROM HIS PERFECT BOOK, THEY TOO WILL BE IN REBELLION AND [WILL] HAVE THEIR NAME REMOVED FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE!! (Rev. 22:18-19 or see Exodus 32:33)

"I KNOW THAT, WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH; IT SHALL BE FOREVER: [NOTHING CAN BE PUT UNTO IT, NOR ANYTHING TAKEN FROM IT], THAT MEN SHOULD FEAR BEFORE HIM." Eccl. 3:14

---John

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2003, 09:26:38 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Thanks Brother! I wanted to do a part three on the Apostle Paul, but I now find that it may be a part three, four, and five. I find the life and the example of the Apostle Paul to be fascinating. The contrasts in his life were like night and day. Saul was the very type who persecuted THE CHRIST unto death and he knew it. Yet, he became a chosen vessel for the Gospel of God's Grace and personally experienced the Grace and Love of God. The Holy Bible makes it exceptionally clear that Paul never forgot his persecution of Christians and how God loved him anyway. This may partially explain the three years Paul spent in Arabia after his conversion. It is not explained what Paul did with these three years. In looking at the life of Paul, many Bible scholars believe that Paul probably spent those three years in devout study, prayer, and seeking God's will for the rest of his life. Paul's life becomes Christ centered with everything else of little or no significance.

Thanks Brother! I enjoyed your thoughts about the Apostle Paul.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the