Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is it true that God will provide us our needs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it true that God will provide us our needs?  (Read 1364 times)
xsocrates75

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2003, 09:22:25 PM »

Is it true like it says in Matthew that God will "provide us our needs"?
Will he do so even if we are not seeking the kingdom first? or is seeking the kingdom first a requirement for him to give us our needs.

will he ever bless us with more than just our bare needs, if we put the kingdom first? Or do we have to go out and earn those riches on our own?

If God does provide everyone's bare needs, then how does that explain Christians in the world that die of starvation. I thought God fed every man just like he feeds the birds.

What qualifies as a basic need? Does God provide people with their friends? Of how high quality will those friendships be? Will He provide a college student with good Christian friends, "to hang out with" ?

How much does God expect for us to do on our own? it seems like sometimes he's like "worry not, I'll provide, just seek ye the kingdom" but that doesn't mean we're just supposed to slack off, and not work at making money, making friends, or anything, does it?
God expects us to do some work on our own, right?
But if that is so, then how much are we supposed to do on our own?

Does God consider a wife a need, will he provide us with a wife if we ask for one? Will God provide us with a beautiful wife on both the inside and the outside?

Is there any reason why sometimes God just gives us our bare needs, and wont just bless us richly, in every aspect of our lives?

Anyone wanna respond to all those questions? Smiley  
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 11:22:07 PM »

You're asking the question from a carnal perspective, xso.

That is, in bringing your question to the bargaining table, you're already making a set of assumptions.  That is, you're assuming that there are at least a "few" things that we "deserve".

The answer to the whole question is simply There is nothing that we deserve.

If then there is nothing that we deserve, then your "needs" question isn't even an issue.  If we don't deserve anything, it hardly really matters if I "need" anything, 'cuz I ain't gonna be gettin' it anyway(hehe  Grin).

As for one specific question:   If one "needs" a wife, then quite possibly she isn't going to care for him too much.   Who wants to be around someone "needy" all the time.   Unless she's an egomaniac, in which case having a needy husband then gives her all the power.

Roll Eyes
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:48:08 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Xsocrates75,

First, I think you should realize a big difference in the way you look at things compared to the way God looks at things. As an example, you look at your today and God looks at your eternity.

You might think that having a Lincoln is real important, but feet were all Jesus had when HE walked this earth.

You might think that riches means having a big house, and God may be thinking about peace, joy, and happiness for eternity.

You might be thinking that perfect health is a minimum. It is true that God could heal you or give doctors guidance to heal you. However, it may not be God's will for you to have perfect health. Some of the most dynamic and effective servants of God are blind or handicapped in one way or another. That is of little or no significance when they get to heaven to spend eternity with HIM in perfect, glorified bodies.

You might be thinking that a long life on this earth would be a great blessing. However, God may have other plans for you and take you home to GLORY with HIM. A long life to us is as less than a moment with Almighty God.

The question becomes "what is real need and riches, and is our short journey here on earth really that significant compared to eternity in GLORY with HIM?"

Think of one last thing if you would. What do you need today if you die tomorrow?

Jesus!

In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 01:39:09 AM »

You bring up the very thing I was thinking about Tom!  My opinion of my needs and God's opinion of my needs are often two entirely different things.  Which lends this question folks...what then is our only need in life?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 01:48:20 PM »

Hmmm I'm thinking air? Wink

Or God.

~LMarsh
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 03:08:59 PM »

Mmm, yes, Hi, LMarsh-- Cool.

Yes, we do need air, above all else, physically.

Yes, that's for sure.

But we don't deserve it.
xsocrates75

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 03:48:35 PM »

Maybe we don't deserve to live in comfort at all, but I were to think that if that were also true then we don't deserve to live in pain either,

I mean how would it make sense that God let someone live and experience suffering all their life?  

I say that if we don't deserve anything good, then we don't deserve anything bad either.  
  If we don't deserve to have food in our stomachs, we don't deserve to be hungry either.  if we don't deserve to have friends, then we don't deserve to be lonely.

living is a gift, yes,  but I don't think that living in pain is.
Afterall, why else would people contemplate suicide?
paul

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 04:31:44 PM »

if we live to please God and not ourselves ,what would we need?
maybe food and water, and i believe God would provide for us if we did ,by wanting something ,does this make it a desire as a lustful man ,but if we serve God with all our hearts and only want to please Him ,maybe He would reward us with things we had completely forgotten that we use to long for ,does this make any sense?
Mar 12:30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
if we give our all to God and don't worry about our own needs and our own life ,but keep our focus on serving Him ,i'm sure He will reward us greatly ,and maybe even with rewards we have never even dreamt of.
God bless.
paul
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 04:36:51 PM »

Nothing bad comes from God it comes fromt the devil.
The Lord gave us free will, and I believe it was C.S. Lewis who said, "the gates of hell are locked from the inside".

Praise God, worship Him, love Him....all He wants is for us to have a loving relationship with Him.
Remember...he see's the WHOLE canvas...we just get our glimpse.

God bless Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 05:21:27 PM »

Yes God does provide for our needs - he's done it too many times for me and my family not to believe it.
Every time, we've needed something, it's been provided to us from people we don't know to family members who have given it to us.  We've never asked for it but we've prayed for it to God and he has always answered.
I can't speak for the "Christians around the world who are starving" though.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 02:53:06 AM »

Well I asked the question so I suppose I should give my thoughts as well...What do I need in life? God[/b].  Think about it.  Who not only provides the air for me to breathe but holds the very breathe that I take in His hand?  God.  Who not only provides the clothing for me to wear, but also fashioned the body to put it on, and upholds that body in life so as to even wear it?  God.   And there are applications to every other "need" as well.

I like how Paul put this into perspective in Philippians 4:10-13:

I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Does the believer ever face unmet need?  According to Paul, yes!  And also according to Paul..."not that I am speaking of being in need..."  This coming from the guy chained to a Roman soldier in prison!  He knew how to be content with much and without; in abundance and in need.  Why?  Because he had all that he truly needed.  God.  

I truly think that the believer who lives this, not just recognizes it, will find...

Delight yourself in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.

...to be not only their only need, but their greatest satisfaction of that need.   Smiley  Just a thought...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 04:45:53 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

AMEN!, thanks Brother, your thoughts were beautiful. The real riches and treasures are not things of this world. God's children must remember that we are just passing through, that our citizenship is in Heaven.

KEEP LOOKING UP!

In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 05:30:17 AM »

Amen brother, amen.   Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the