Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Praising Jesus in the bad times.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Praising Jesus in the bad times.  (Read 7933 times)
rosealee

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:04:03 AM »

I have just finished a book titled Prison to Praise. It talks about us praising Jesus  in everything that happens to us. Whether we find ourselves with multiple sickness, financial problems, even in little annoyances of everyday life. Wow, I know some of you already do this, but it was an eye opener for me.  I just never thought of praying to our Lord in this way. Thank you Lord for allowing this to happen to me, I know that you want me to learn something by this situation. You are in full control and I know that you have allowed this for my own good.
Granted, I have heard sermons on this subject, even read the Bible about praising God in every situation, but somehow I have my eyes opened now. Praising God for EVERYTHING is part of our faith also. I was blind on this subject but now I see.

Praising God in all things builds our faith. I guess the main thing for me that I learned was when something bad happens don't try to fight it and get all upset, but just let God be God and you Praise Him No Matter What... He will never fail you so you just be ready for Him to teach you what you need to know at the time.

Praise God!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »

Amen! It is a wonderful thing to be able to praise God. We should praise Him when we first rise until the time we go to sleep. Praise Him all the day long.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
gymforlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »

AMEN!!!

GYMFORLORD
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Bible, Deuteronomy"
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »

Early christians faced death in a roman jail...yet..they praised the Lord...They held on to the scripture..To live is Christ and to die is gain...We think we are in bad times..but we have won through the blood of Jesus...We praise God for His mercy and compassion with each new day he gives that we can wake up and tell someone about the Lord...We praise Him because we are not in darkness in these times, but hold the light that many can find their way to Christ...This world is not going to get better but we as christians will stand together as our brothers and sister did before us as they pledge their lives to Christ and went boldy towards the prize as we are to do..God's word says in 2nd Timothy 12-13...To endure to the end is to reign with Him'..Praise the Lord...for  every day brings us closer to the prize..and that prize being to see our Savior face to face...No matter what we face here on this earth...We have won..and how can we not praise Him for all He has done and continues to do...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »

Amen Maryjane!

I was just thinking that all Christians eventually face a trial, illness, or a bad time of some sort in their lives. However, I wonder how many Christians reading this forum have faced a beating, prison, or death for sharing JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS. The time might come when these types of dangers are present, even in this part of the world. May GOD give us all the strength, courage, and guidance to do HIS Will until the very last moment.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »

God gives us the strength and we are made strong in our weakness...It is enough what jesus has done for us that we can praise Him through it all with reassurance knowing His love for us and His perfect wisdom for our lives..We praise Him for we are in His hands..
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »

Yes...Amen!!!
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »

I simply could not make it without Jesus.  During good times and bad, He is my ROCK.  If I thanked Him every minute of the day, I could never thank Him enough.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the