Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  In need of advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In need of advice  (Read 990 times)
KiahCat

Meow

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2003, 11:03:43 AM »

I really need some advice and prayers.  Huh I gave my life to God seven months ago while I was in a juvenille psychiatric and behavior modification program, after my second suicide attempt. I had been drinking a lot, partying a lot, shoplifting and sneaking out to concerts, even running away. Life was pointless and I was constantly depressed. Anyway, the program I was in had church volunteers who read us the Bible and talked to us about issues. I realized that I wanted to change so I did.
Since I've gotten out it's been really hard. My old friends were/are into the occult and Wicca, and they hate Christianity and call it a lie. They also teased me for not partying and for trying to be more behaved. They have toilet papered the house and tried to put pills in my locker last spring. Now I'm going to a private school but they still encourage me.
On Friday I got a call from one of them who said she was cool with my choice and would I like to see a movie. I have always lovd to celebrate Halloween and didn't want to be stuck at home so I said yes. We ended up going to parties until 8a.m. and I didn't get home until noon Saturday. Anyway, she called again on Saturday night and we ended up just hanging out like normal, but she wants us to go to another party next weekend. I don't know what to do. On one hand I really miss my old friends and have fun with them, but I feel awful breaking the law and doing dangerous things like drinking. What should I do? My parents are encouraging me not to have those friends but they don't stop me from going out and doing what I want. It's tough. Embarrassed
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 01:05:14 PM »

Do not be inequality yoked. You can’t yoke a colt with an ox. You are going to have to find the strength to say “no.”

As for the Wiccan’s calling Christianity a lie… just ask them “why is that?” next time. Do some soul searching, mediation on what you think there replies will be, and come up with replies to counter it. They will no doubt say something like

“the people in the church are all Hypocrites, they do not practice what they preach”

then say something like

“so, what you are saying is, if a Christian DID practice what they preach, they would be ok?”

Yeah say no, ask them Why not? Make them THINK about what they say. Most of them are just as brainwashed as they say Christians are. Don’t let them question you, question them. And don’t stop till they give up. They will either become Christians, or more likely, they will get tired of dealing with you after while, and leave you alone. Most of these guys are full of it, they only know how to question other groups, but they will run in fear when you force them to face themselves for a change.

Good luck, and we will keep you in our prayers.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 05:35:49 AM »

Cry KiahCat, you are walking a long and difficult road. You may stumble many times; there are thorns and sharp rocks to trip you. Don't give up! It is going to be hard to turn your back on old things, especially when they follow you around and try to trap you again, but it is worth it all! Are your parents Christians? Can they encourage you?

We're praying for you, Kiah! "Be strong in the Lord!"

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 08:53:50 PM »

I undertand what you mean.  I know you don't want to lose your old friends, but you don't want to go back to your old ways.  Because this person is your friend, ask her if you guys can do something else besides party.  While good, clean fun sounds corny, it can actually be a blast (bowling, shopping, mini-golfing, skating, rock climbing, movies, just plain ol' talking, need I say more?).  Second of all, just because your friend does the things you gave up doesn't mean you have to get back into them to be her friend.  I mean, if she wasn't going to be your friend because you don't shoplift, drink, or sneak out past parents anymore, she wouldn't be much of a friend.  While peer pressure is hard to resist sometimes, God will give you the strength if you ask.  And as time goes by, I'm sure you will make many new friends of all types, shapes, sizes, and colors, some of them even christians too.  Like the old girl scout motto: Make new friends, but keep the old.  God will be there every step of the way, and I bet some of your old friends (and new) will be too.  

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the