Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FATHER, I STRETCH MY HANDS TO THEE-PSALM 130
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FATHER, I STRETCH MY HANDS TO THEE-PSALM 130  (Read 17678 times)
schmikey

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

On of the most comforting psalms of the Old Testament is psalm 130. The psalmist speaks of confession, mercy, and forgiveness. The psalmist speaks clearly to us. He points our hearts and minds towards God. In this psalm, the psalmist stretches his hands to God.

OUT OF THE DEPTHS, I CRY TO YOU.

The psalmist does not mention what was troubling him. In this psalm, he called out to God from the pit of despair. He was weighed down and burdened. The only one he could turn to was God. Where else could he go? In his time of need, he stretched out his hands to God. He pleaded with God to hear his plea,

The psalmist is not alone in his cry of anguish and pain. There are many people who are suffering in the pits of pain and despair. There are many people who are suffering with illness, with depression, or with addictions. Whatever the struggles might be, people are indeed hurting and in pain. People are crying out, people are looking for help. No matter what these people try to do on their own, they just can't dig their way out of the pits of despair. The pit of despair and hopelessness seems to get deeper and deeper. The person with the addiction tries to get clean, but can't. The person with an illness, can't find a cure. Whatever the struggles might be, people cry out, "God, where are You?"

The psalmist, in his pain, knew where he could turn. He stretched his hands out to God. He turned to God, because he knew that God would help him. He knew that God would lift him up from the pit. He had faith, and knew that God would deliver him from his troubles.

When you cry out to God, He will hear you. He is not blind to your struggles. Stretch forth your hands to Him. He invites you to come to Him with all of your burdens. Hear His words of invitation; "...Call on me in the time of distress. I will rescue you, and you shall honor me." (Psalm 50:15) This is God's invitation to you. He wants to bear your burdens. Just stretch out your hands to Him.

MAY YOUR EARS BE ATTENTIVE TO MY CRY FOR MERCY

In his plea, the psalmist sought God's mercy. In his plea, he cried out, "O God, show me Your mercy." He turned himself over to the mercy of God. He knew that in God's mercy, he would find deliverance.

We too, can find mercy in God. He will be attentive to our cries for mercy. He will not turn a deaf ear to our pleas. Do you have a pressing need that has been weighing on you? Then call on God. He will hear you, and He will answer your plea. God is full of compassion and mercy towards His people.

IF YOU KEPT RECORD OF OUR SINS, WHO COULD STAND?

What if God were to keep a score card of all the sins that we commit? Who would be able to stand before Him? Our sinfulness would prevent us from standing before God. Because of sin, we would suffer death and separation from God. On our own, we cannot remove the stain of sin. We cannot earn our salvation. Because of sin, we would be cut off from God forever.

BUT THERE IS FORGIVENESS WITH YOU.

God showed His mercy upon us. Through His dear Son, Jesus Christ, God worked out our salvation and our forgiveness. Through His suffering, death, and resurrection, Jesus won for salvation and forgiveness for us. He has made these gifts available through faith in Him, Since we daily struggle with sin, we need the forgiveness of sins daily. This bless truth of forgiveness puts the soul at ease. Through forgiveness, we receive the blessings of God. As the Scripture says; "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." (Psalm 32:) Let us stand in awe of God's forgiveness and give Him our praise.

I WAIT FOR THE LORD, MY SOUL WAITS, AND IN HIS WORD I DO HOPE.

In your journey, always wait on the Lord. Be patient, and trust in Him. He will answer your prayers in time. He will strengthen you  and bring you through the times of trouble. Stand on His Word, and put your hope in Him. This is a hope that is built upon Jesus Christ, and will not fade. When you are struggling, stretch forth your hands to God. Call upon Him in prayer. Cast your cares upon Him. He will hear your plea. He will grant your mercy and forgiveness through faith in Christ. He Will reach down and pull you up from the pit. Just stretch out your hand to Him.
[/b]

Michael Carter
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:21:24 AM »

Hi schmikey,

Welcome to Christians Unite and a big Amen. A wonderful message. I look forward to reading more of your posts and having some great Christian fellowship with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the