Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Would Jesus play this game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Jesus play this game  (Read 812 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:11:22 AM »

it is a game with fighting. However you don't see any fighting. One could just make troops to defend and never attack. WWJD? It is hard because my activities are very limited

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Right Wing

Remember the One who paid the ultimate sacrifice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »

Regarding what is appropriate as a Christian, I look at video games the same way I do books, movies, and shows.  I try to avoid profanity as much as possible, but in today's day and age, it is almost impossible to avoid it completely.  Violence is an area in which I believe it is on a case by case basis.  Boxing or any sports violence I believe is acceptable, as well as historical violence such as war or any type of clash of good and evil.  For instance, I am a big fan of movies such as We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers, Blackhawk Down, and movies depicting our military and the heroic sacrifices they made and still make.  As far as violence I want to avoid, gangster violence or anything of this nature, such as video games with senseless killing of innocent people on the road I believe are not appropriate.  I also believe sexual content is something which should be avoided. 

It all comes down to this though.  Pray about it.  Pray and ask God if the video game or whatever activity is appropriate.  If it is not, you will feel a conviction in your heart when you play or watch it.  I don't believe we have to avoid all worldly activities, but make sure none are being placed above God and none are hindering our relationship with him.  I also believe some things may be acceptable for some but not for others like the issue about eating the meat and not causing your brother to stumble.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »

that kind of helps, there is fighting and that is all you can do besides build buildings and troops.
My very Christian friend plays it and hates fighting but she only defends

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:56:11 AM »

WWJD. Jesus would probably not have anything to do with any games even those without violence. His task here on earth was to preach of the Kigdom of God, to bring us all Salvation not to play games.

This said I would say it would depend on the individual game as to whether you play it or not. As Right Wing said, if it does interfere or detract with your walk with Christ then there most likely is nothing wrong with your having something to do with it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »

thank you you two

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:57:43 PM »

Jesus sat among the sinners...Today, if a sinner was playing a video game...I can just imagine the game meaning nothing but the fact that Jesus sees beyond any game...even the game of playing christian...It is the heart He looks at...People can get caught up in legalism and critism...Just like the ones who scorned the woman who came and washed the Lord's feet...To know the mind of God is to repent from our religious thoughts that come from our own desires...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the