Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WORSHIP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WORSHIP  (Read 1218 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »

WORSHIP

What does it mean to worship God. We hear it said all the time, "I go to worship on (Saturday or Sunday) at (such and such church). It is debated all of the time on what day we should worship. The word "worship" has taken a change in the meaning of the word. Today we see the use of this word as meaning a church service. In the original Hebrew and Greek it meant to do reverence, adore, to prostrate oneself in homage, to bow down to.

Jesus taught us about worship in John 4:20-24 with the woman from Samaria at the well. Here He tells of how the Jews went to a specified place for worship. He also tells us that the time will come that true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth. What is He saying here? True worship is not just going to church, although that is a great and honorable thing to do. Going to church we can have fellowship with other brothers and sisters, be built up spiritually, strengthening us for the week ahead, we can learn more of Christ and His will for us. True worship is of the spirit. It is an ongoing, daily occurence and with the love for God in our hearts (Col 3:17), that is what truly worshipping God means. Not a show to be put on once or twice a week but living for Him daily all the day long.

Joh 4:20  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Col 3:17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Psa 145:2  Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

Heb 13:15  By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:23:37 AM »

Again Pastor, you are right on.

Worship is from the heart, not something of ritual and form. God looks at our heart, and when He sees true love for Him, and a desire to truly KNOW Him, He responds by fellowshiping with us...
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." [James 4:8].

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the